Stowa marine 36mm - Page 11
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Stowa marine 36mm

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Stowa marine 36mm

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1925 View Post
    Did this disappear recently? There was a recent thread here regarding some handwound movements being pulled because the description on the web site did not match what was actually delivered. Hopefully the issue is straightened out and the movements reappear.
    They will reappear soon.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I am planning on ordering a Marine 36 hand wind as soon as they come back from vacation. I guess I have to research this 'movement issue'!

Nyrfen,

According to the specs on their website a couple of weeks ago .. yes 9.2... A big However, is that they seem to have changed the movement in the hand wind, so we will have to wait and see if that measurement changes...???

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello,

the hand wound movement is the same we have delivered the last two years. There has been a few pictures in the webshop for a couple of days after a backup which have been wrong. Now we are checking and changing them - but unfortunately or summer holidays crossed this work. this is the reason that some pictures are still not online. so this happens for the marine 36 watches which are available of course with handwound movement.
    i have attached a picture of the 40 mm watch that you can see the picture of the movement. If you want to order the 36 mm watch you just can order it in the shop and tell us during the orderprocess that you want hand wound version or you wait till we have checked the pictures and upload them again. 8the problem are the holidays of all STOWA members and some people who help with the shop).

bye for now

Jörg Schauer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    Nyrfen,

According to the specs on their website a couple of weeks ago .. yes 9.2... A big However, is that they seem to have changed the movement in the hand wind, so we will have to wait and see if that measurement changes...???

Rick
    The 10.2 and 9.2 seem correct for the 40mm version as they have different casebacks for the auto and manual wind. The 36mm version seem to have the same caseback for the auto and manual wind, which may be the reason why the manual wind measures above 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by taurnilf View Post
    The 10.2 and 9.2 seem correct for the 40mm version as they have different casebacks for the auto and manual wind. The 36mm version seem to have the same caseback for the auto and manual wind, which may be the reason why the manual wind measures above 10mm.
    Yes, that might be the case.. (pun intended )!

I am just finding conflicting information regarding this matter all the time. The website says 10.2mm but I've seen several videos where they actually measure the height where the measurement is closer to 11mm than 10mm. And then again people say it's 9.2 mm on this forum a couple of pages into this particular thread.

I've heard people say, 9.2mm, 10mm, 10.2mm, 10.67mm, 11mm. I think the watch looks great regardless of its height but wouldn't it be nice to know what the height actually is? One might wonder if they've changed something in the process of manufacturing the watches because it's a pretty large gap between 9.2mm and 11mm.
    Rickster27b likes this.

Marine 36 (manual with roman numbers) is one of the watches i wanted to own since i first saw it. I wanted a smaller, comfortable watch with clean dial and great looking movement. Problem is, it is so nice, i imagine to wear it only with a dress. And i don't wear formal dress a lot at all. + i would have a really hard time picking between 36 and 40mm at the end.
    Panerai Luminor 0000 Logo
    Laco Leipzig Erbstuck
    Mido Multifort
    Seiko SDGM003
    EMG DL63
    Poljot Aviator IV
    Orient Ray (blue)
    Orient Bambino IV blue
    Helberg CH8
    Casio Tough Solar
    Sturmanskie vintage
    Garmin Fenix 5+

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel35 View Post
    Marine 36 (manual with roman numbers) is one of the watches i wanted to own since i first saw it. I wanted a smaller, comfortable watch with clean dial and great looking movement. Problem is, it is so nice, i imagine to wear it only with a dress. And i don't wear formal dress a lot at all. + i would have a really hard time picking between 36 and 40mm at the end.
    I think it's a beautiful watch and I have the exact one you mentioned on its way to me as we speak. I think you can wear it to lots of clothes actually. I think it depends on your wardrobe a bit. I am working in an office enviroment where the dress code is shirt and chinos. However I imagine it would look just as good with a carefully designed long sleeved sweater. I think it would work well with a suit but I think I would perfer something like a saxonia for that purpose. What I am saying is that I think this watch would fit basically anything that is considerd to be smart casual. Go for it :)

If you have 7+ inch wrist go for the 40mm otherwise go for the 36mm. Since there is no bezel and the dial takes up the whole front of the watch it appears larger then it actually is, trust me on this.
    Last edited by Nyrfen; August 7th, 2019 at 17:14.
    Rickster27b likes this.

I just got an email from Stowa - I had specifically asked about case thickness of 36mm the Hand wind - the answer was 9.2mm. However, as the above posts mention - several videos and reviews all say .. and show ..10.2 or so? I think the Stowa in house information is indeed based on the 40 mm cases which are different. Whereas the 36 mm case is the same for both auto and hand wind. I really still don't know the true thickness, but that is my best guess.

Rick
    Nyrfen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    I just got an email from Stowa - I had specifically asked about case thickness of 36mm the Hand wind - the answer was 9.2mm. However, as the above posts mention - several videos and reviews all say .. and show ..10.2 or so? I think the Stowa in house information is indeed based on the 40 mm cases which are different. Whereas the 36 mm case is the same for both auto and hand wind. I really still don't know the true thickness, but that is my best guess.

Rick
    A professional company selling luxury products should at least be able to give accurate descriptions on their website of their own products. If they are manufacturing it they should be able to use a measuring tape as well. But I guess we have to predict it's 10.2mm for the 36mm version. Thanks for looking closer into this!

I can update this thread with the correct height after I've received mine.
    Rickster27b likes this.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information