Stowa marine 36mm - Page 12
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Stowa marine 36mm

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Stowa marine 36mm

Nyrfen said

‘I can update this thread with the correct height after I've received mine.‘

Please do.. and thanks.

If you think their website is bad (which it is, it’s absolute garbage), wait till you see the promo book that comes with your watch 😄 I bet noone at Stowa has ever read through it, because some pages simply stop in the middle of a sentence and some pictures are referenced and don’t exist, etc.

The watches are nice, though.

Not to beat a dead horse. But... Martin at Stowa sent me an email this morning answering my questions about the 36 Marine with a Hand Wind movement. Here is what he wrote.

'After the discussions on watchuseek, our CEO, Mr. Schauer, has updated every photo in our onlineshop by himself - just to be sure that this will not gonna happen again.

So the pictures are correct now: https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+36+cl...abic-white.htm (see screenshot enclosed).

Height of the Marine Classic 36 incl. ETA 2804-2 hand winding movement is 9.20 mm.

(For your information: the cases for the automatic movements are 1 mm thicker, means: 10.20 mm, as written in our online shop...

maybe this is the reason for the range of thickness in the forum).
    Last edited by Rickster27b; August 14th, 2019 at 14:42.
    Nyrfen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    Hi, not to beat a dead horse. But... Martin at Stowa sent me an email this morning answering my questions about the 36 Marine with a Hand Wind movement. Here is what he wrote.

'After the discussions on watchuseek, our CEO, Mr. Schauer, has updated every photo in our onlineshop by himself - just to be sure that this will not gonna happen again.
    So the pictures are correct now: https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+36+cl...abic-white.htm (see screenshot enclosed).
    Height of the Marine Classic 36 incl. ETA 2804-2 hand winding movement is 9.20 mm.
    (For your information: the cases for the automatic movements are 1 mm thicker, means: 10.20 mm, as written in our online shop...
    maybe this is the reason for the range of thickness in the forum).
    Interesting! I guess we will have to see! Seems to be 9.2mm then? They should really put that information on their website since that could be another reason to purchase the hand-wound one over the automatic.
    Rickster27b likes this.

I believe they should re-measure it. The Urban Gentry's review says otherwise.
    Nyrfen and Rickster27b like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taurnilf View Post
    I believe they should re-measure it. The Urban Gentry's review says otherwise.
    If you listen to anything that pompous idiot says....you need to rethink watch collecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

He measured it in front of the camera, so there's no doubt that his Marine 36 mm handwound has a total height of 10.x mm.
    We don't know whether he got a piece with the wrong caseback or if the description is wrong.
    Nyrfen likes this.

The Urban Gentry Stowa Marine 36mm hand-wound watch review. At 12:50 he begins discussing the dimensions and from 13:01 - 13:08 he says it's "just a smidgen smaller than 11 mms tall" while measuring it.

A thought I just came to think about is that maybe they did not include the domed glass in the measurement on their website. Would be a bit odd to say the least. Since that information would be totally worthless. However I am sure I will enjoy the watch regardless of it's height. I just think that the height is normally a pretty important aspect of a watch, I mean it's the difference between a slim watch and a chunky g-shock.
    Last edited by Nyrfen; August 16th, 2019 at 14:05.
    Rickster27b and Sebast975 like this.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

thanks for comments, discussion, questions, critic and all the other words are written here.

Of course - like always - there are facts and stories - not always easy to see the difference ,-)

Its easier than it seems.

Here is my statement to all open questions and i also have add the "new" sizes to the Onlineshop for the Marine 36 and Marine 40.

I hope that this explanation covers the most of the open questions.

If not - i will try to close the gap between existing and not existing infos.

We are always open like always

best regards

Jörg Schauer
    CEO STOWA

Dear customers, dear Forum members,

We have been inspired by you to check the watch descriptions in our online shop and to discuss the challenge of measurements, the way to do it and communicate the same.

There are two perspectives - „thinking“ and „seeing“:

The one is that the real thickness of a watch case is of course related to the glass on the case back and top.

However, this is completely different from the "visual thickness“.

The feeling and visual thickness are more related to the case itself - without the crystal glass.

Therefore, some watch companies have taken this measurement for their descriptions because with this description the customer can get a good relation between different models.

We have also done it in the past that way, but changed it for some models.

Now we have decided to tell and write only the thickness WITH sapphire crystals.

This makes it more clear and we also respect, that more and more people (for example bloggers, online magazines and so on) are taking the thickness in the easiest way they can: measure from glass to glass or from massive case back to glass.

So we will check and correct some of the watches in our shop to this final and future way of „seeing“ the thickness of a watch.

Thanks for your inspiration.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    CEO of STOWA

Bye the way, the thickness of the 36 mm Marine in hand wound version is 10,50 mm, the 40 mm Marine watch is 9,2 mm - the most of the people now will think "How can this be - the watch is smaller, has the same movement and why is it thicker ? "

The explanation: The 36 mm watch - of course - is not really thicker - it is only the more domed sapphire crystal on the top which is necessary because the bezel is smaller than from the 40 mm watch.

So the hands coming more to the end of the dialdiametre and thats the reason we need a more domed sapphire crystal.

You see, this is what we mean in the description above: The 36 mm is thicker - but only in the reason of the glas - but the glas is not visually dominant. Thats the reason that the 36 mm watch looks not thicker than the 40 mm watch. But in "reality" it is .

Maybe this is now a bit confusing- but there are a lot of other samples like this to explain real messure and visual feeling/seeing.

I have also attached my Schauer Chrionographs Schauer Edition 10 (white dial) and Schauer Chronograph Edition 12 (creme dial)

Which watch is thicker ?

I guess the most of you think the Edition 12 with the
    beveled bezel.
    (41 mm beveled)

Because the Edition 12 has a flat bezel which looks much more massive.
    (42 mm, flat)

In real: Both watches has exactly the same thickness,
    when we measure.

I also have attached the picture from Urban Gentrys video, you see that the tool says 10.50 mm but he is talking about

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-16 um 15.08.33.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  260.0 KBName:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-16 um 15.06.06.png
Views: 199
Size:  1.42 MBName:  schauer_edition_10-2600 Kopie.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  2.41 MBName:  schauer_edition12_ohneSchatten-2600 Kopie.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  2.44 MB

FerrisAus and Sebast975 like this.

I see that the handwind option is now available again on the Stowa web site.
    Rickster27b likes this.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information