Stowa marine 36mm - Page 4
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Stowa marine 36mm

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Stowa marine 36mm

Maybe this isn’t the right place to ask this but I thought it might help others who also buy this watch. This is the first time I’ve owned a watch with the 2824 movement and no date. Should I still stick to the “don’t set between 9-12” guideline or is it ok since there is no date wheel? It’s hard to tell between AM and PM on this watch so I’m reluctant to do anything to it whenever the hands are between 9-12.

Stowa marine 36mm

Quote Originally Posted by CortUK View Post
    ^ A small part of me wants the hands to be painted bright blue so they always look stunning like that.

Anyone got 6" wrists or is it just me? I wonder how well it fits and looks given the bezel is quite thin. Picture so far suggest it wears and looks like a 38/39mm.
    It does wear bigger but I have 6 1/4” wrists and it sits perfectly without looking too big. It may help that I have flatter wrists but I think you would be able to pull it off.

I think the best thing about the hands being heat blued is that they don’t always look stunning. It’s like a small secret that reveals itself occasionally when the light is just right.
    CortUK likes this.

Stuff it. What alternative is there? The small Steinhart Marine is 38mm anyway and isn't as good (though certainly it's good for the money) and while the Timefactors Air Ministry - which looks like a deck watch - is 36mm it has inexplicably long lugs. There is a small Dornblüth & Sohn deck watch but I don't want to sell everything I currently own in order to get it.

I'm going to order a 2804-powered Marine 36 Arabic with date and ask for a brushed case. Now if only I could convince Jörg to put the old logo on for me...
    flaccidaardvark likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was actually torn between this and the Air Ministry as I like a lot of what the AM has going for it but there is something about this watch that is so satisfying, especially when it's on the wrist.
    Stuff it. What alternative is there? The small Steinhart Marine is 38mm anyway and isn't as good (though certainly it's good for the money) and while the Timefactors Air Ministry - which looks like a deck watch - is 36mm it has inexplicably long lugs. There is a small Dornblüth & Sohn deck watch but I don't want to sell everything I currently own in order to get it.

I'm going to order a 2804-powered Marine 36 Arabic with date and ask for a brushed case. Now if only I could convince Jörg to put the old logo on for me...

Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    Maybe this isn’t the right place to ask this but I thought it might help others who also buy this watch. This is the first time I’ve owned a watch with the 2824 movement and no date. Should I still stick to the “don’t set between 9-12” guideline or is it ok since there is no date wheel? It’s hard to tell between AM and PM on this watch so I’m reluctant to do anything to it whenever the hands are between 9-12.
    Good question. I don’t own this watch but perhaps someone can chime in and verify if it has a phantom position or if it’s been modified to two positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fogbound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    Good question. I don’t own this watch but perhaps someone can chime in and verify if it has a phantom position or if it’s been modified to two positions.
    There is no phantom position with stowa watches as they modify to rid of it. 9-12 rule does not apply anyway to non-date eta versions as there is no bearing that can be damaged because date wheel does not exist
    flaccidaardvark likes this.

I am torn between this and Longines Heritage Military. While the latter costs much higher, the boxed sapphire crystal really blew me away.
    If only there's an option for boxed sapphire on Stowa as well.. (first world problem)

Here are a couple more shots that I took just playing around with my phone camera. You can see that the printing on the dial is quite crisp as well as the slight dome of the sapphire.
    Name:  MVIMG_20181019_223825.jpeg
Views: 538
Size:  119.5 KBName:  MVIMG_20181021_144616.jpeg
Views: 540
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMG_20181021_144734.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  44.3 KB
    commanche, fogbound, Fikk and 2 others like this.

^ B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

does the no date movement have the date click when setting time? or is it removed by stowa.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information