Stowa marine 36mm - Page 6
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Stowa marine 36mm

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Stowa marine 36mm

I have been searching for a smaller, easily readable, hand wound watch under US $1000 to round out my collection. This watch with 36mm size, optional ETA 2804 hand winding movement, 9.2mm height, and beautiful white face with clean black numerals simply meets all my needs. The lovely crown, flame blued hands, and gorgeous decorated movement add to the value of this watch. I have searched and searched for the perfect 36-38mm hand winding watch (Weiss, Hamilton, Vero, Orient, Steinhart, Origin, and many others,) but none were able to match the finish and refinement that Stowa has with their product. I'm saving up now, but hope to order this soon!
    mfseverini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBradly View Post
    I have been searching for a smaller, easily readable, hand wound watch under US $1000 to round out my collection. This watch with 36mm size, optional ETA 2804 hand winding movement, 9.2mm height, and beautiful white face with clean black numerals simply meets all my needs. The lovely crown, flame blued hands, and gorgeous decorated movement add to the value of this watch. I have searched and searched for the perfect 36-38mm hand winding watch (Weiss, Hamilton, Vero, Orient, Steinhart, Origin, and many others,) but none were able to match the finish and refinement that Stowa has with their product. I'm saving up now, but hope to order this soon!
    Ah, but date or no date? That is the real question....

No date because the date is not aligned with the indices.
    mfseverini likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TGV did a nice review of this on youtube.
    mfseverini likes this.

I'm thinking about getting the 36mm for my gf.

I am seriously considering one, and like the smaller size. However, am a bit conflicted if I decide to sell it at some point- the 40mm might be more sell-able?

Quote Originally Posted by lawtaxi View Post
    I am seriously considering one, and like the smaller size. However, am a bit conflicted if I decide to sell it at some point- the 40mm might be more sell-able?
    I think there is quite a big market for 36mm watches. The tide seems to be turning back to smaller watches imo, but i’d say in general there are more smaller wrists out there that a 36mm looks quite nice on.

I have a 6 3/4” wrist, not massive but not small, and I prefer to reserve the 40mm+ watches for tool and dive watches. For a dressy casual type of watch like this, i’m a fan of the 36mm. Bought one off here for $700 pretty much like new. If your in America I think you can still get a good chunk of your cash back due to the convenience to the buyer of not having to deal with international shipping and such things.
    mfseverini and Sebast975 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchdudelikeswatch View Post
    I think there is quite a big market for 36mm watches. The tide seems to be turning back to smaller watches imo, but i’d say in general there are more smaller wrists out there that a 36mm looks quite nice on.

I have a 6 3/4” wrist, not massive but not small, and I prefer to reserve the 40mm+ watches for tool and dive watches. For a dressy casual type of watch like this, i’m a fan of the 36mm. Bought one off here for $700 pretty much like new. If your in America I think you can still get a good chunk of your cash back due to the convenience to the buyer of not having to deal with international shipping and such things.
    I also have a 6 3/4" wrist and ordered the 36mm Marine. I won't be able to tell if it works for me until I see it in the metal. I have the Seiko SKX013 and SKX007 and prefer the larger 007, but that's because it is a diver. For a traditional watch 38mm is my sweet spot. The main thing will be the lug-to-lug distance. My Hamilton Khaki is 47mm l2l and it is on the verge of being too long. the Stowa 36 I think has a 44mm l2l so I look forward to see it fits on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by mfseverini View Post
    I also have a 6 3/4" wrist and ordered the 36mm Marine. I won't be able to tell if it works for me until I see it in the metal. I have the Seiko SKX013 and SKX007 and prefer the larger 007, but that's because it is a diver. For a traditional watch 38mm is my sweet spot. The main thing will be the lug-to-lug distance. My Hamilton Khaki is 47mm l2l and it is on the verge of being too long. the Stowa 36 I think has a 44mm l2l so I look forward to see it fits on my wrist.
    L2L is my top consideration for a watch with case size being second. I really like the lug-to-lug of the Marine 36, it sits on my 6 1/4" really nicely. The all dial appearance is balanced out by the short lug-to-lug and to be honest it might be (for my wrist) the best fitting watch I've ever worn.
    mfseverini and CSanter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mfseverini View Post
    Yeah I had a Khaki Mechanical and the ratio of the 38mm case with the 47mm lug to lug made it super uncomfortable for me. I absolutely loved the look of the watch but just kept noticing it for the wrong reasons and wound up selling it.

Absolutely love the Stowa Marine 36 though! Super comfortable size and looks great. Wish it came with a little higher quality strap though. Will probably be swapping that out soon.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information