Stowa Marine Classic 40 mm -- what a watch!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By DowningB
  • 1 Post By indygreg
  • 2 Post By Mike2
  • 1 Post By whineboy
  • 2 Post By wkw

Thread: Stowa Marine Classic 40 mm -- what a watch!

Hello fellow Stowa enthusiasts! I'm new to this Forum but not new to watches. I recently ordered up the Marine Classic 40mm, my very first Stowa.

Can't wait! For me, it ticked all the boxes for a formal/casual business wear dress watch: white dial, roman numerals, no date, blue hands, handwound and display back with the optional dark brown crocodile strap. After doing a lot of research, I chose the Stowa due to the combination of its clean design, high production quality and great value--the stainless steel case and ETA movement really help in that department. I would have gone with the seconds sub-dial model, but I already have one of those from a different maker. And I'm thrilled to get another German watch, having sold my only German watch recently.

I just finished reading the very long and interesting thread Stowa Marine 36 (as a newbie I can't post the link yet) and have two takeaways:

First, I am cursed with big wrists, lol. 8.25 inches/209 mm. Kind of makes me feel like a Neanderthal.

Second, the really great customer service that Stowa provides, including Mr. Schauer taking the time to participate on this forum. I contacted Stowa several times via the Instant Chat feature and got all my questions promptly answered. I even received an email asking for my wrist size to make sure I got the right size strap.

I've owned and since sold several watches from the most popular high-end watchmaker out there and didn't have anywhere near this level of customer interaction with the AD, much less the maker.

I think I'm going to like it here. If there are any 40mm Klassiks in the wild, I'd love to see some photos. Surely, I can't be the only one with big wrists.
    Fikk, G07, Rickster27b and 4 others like this.

Re: Stowa Marine Classic 40 mm -- what a watch!

Congrats! I have had the classic auto at 36, but traded up to the MO and it has been my favorite watch for 13 years (I got it for myself for my 30th bday) they are amazing watches for the price. Back in the old days you had to wait 6 months or more to even get one!
    DowningB likes this.

I just ordered the new 36 small seconds and am excited as well. I’m sure the 40mm will wear well on you with those big wrists. You call it a curse, but if you’re a fan of sport watches too than I would call it a blessing! There are lots of divers that I would like to wear if they didn’t make my square 6.75in wrist look like a flimsy tree branch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    middlepath and DowningB like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have small wrists in comparison to yours; 7 “ wrists to be exact.

I have a 40mm Klassic but with Arabic numerals and date. Here’s a couple of shots including the hand wind movement which never gets old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rifmon View Post
    I have small wrists in comparison to yours; 7 “ wrists to be exact.

I have a 40mm Klassic but with Arabic numerals and date. Here’s a couple of shots including the hand wind movement which never gets old.
    Perfect! Thanks so much for posting, especially the display back which shows a much better shot of the movement than does the Stowa website.

I too love manual winds. There's just something about winding a watch when I first put it on in the morning. Somehow, I just feel a much greater connection.

Welcome to the ‘club’.

Silver-dial version (Soprod A10 automatic), 7 1/4” wrist. Love the 9 mm thinness.

whineboy

All mechanical, all the time
    DowningB likes this.
    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

That is a good looking watch !!!

wkw

40mm model on a 7” wrist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DowningB and flyingpicasso like this.