Stowa Marine Original? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Stowa Marine Original?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Stowa Marine Original?

Marine Original for me ! I had a trip to Engelsbrand in january (helps when your parents live 30min ahead) to see and try the whole collection. I wears smaller than it sizes suggests and the silver dial + blued hands is beautiful in person. Very hard to capture in pics imho. I'd go for arabic numerals. With a croc strap would be nice with suit and then dress downed with another strap as you wrote in the first post.

I have two Marine Originals, one white dial/polished case/roman numerals, and the other sterling silver dial/matte case/arabic numbers. If you go Marine Original instead of the auto, you can send Stowa an email asking about the silver dial. I do not believe its listed on the website, but is an option ($100-$200 USD extra if I remember correctly. I do think the silver dial is more versatile, and the dial gives off different colors/shades depending on the light.
    mreyman73 likes this.

Go MO, all day! Loving mine.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 847
Size:  537.6 KB

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 852
Size:  439.0 KB
    iggy-th likes this.
    "And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." -- John Donne

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDP View Post
    I am looking at purchasing a Stowa Marine. I really like the look of this watch and think it is one I could wear at the office with a suit and in more casual settings depending on the choice of strap.

My question is, which exact model should I be looking at? Best to purchase from Stowa directly or are there any retailers in USA or Canada?

Thanks,
    I was in the exact same situation as you were and here's what my thought process was...I wanted a watch that would be really dressy for the office but that could also work in casual situations. I wanted a watch that would be automatic rather than handwind. So I went with the 40mm Marine Automatik with the polished case and white dial. I have since purchased another watch (Frederique Constant) with a silver dial, and I find the polished case with white dial to be dressier than polished case and silvered dial. I also put the MA on a Fluco Horween Shell Strap, which makes it even dressier.

The good news is that the MA has turned out to be a terrific dress watch, but I do think it doesn't work as well in casual situations, but that is just me. Here the picture of my MA.

Mchu004 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXWatch View Post
    I was in the exact same situation as you were and here's what my thought process was...I wanted a watch that would be really dressy for the office but that could also work in casual situations. I wanted a watch that would be automatic rather than handwind. So I went with the 40mm Marine Automatik with the polished case and white dial. I have since purchased another watch (Frederique Constant) with a silver dial, and I find the polished case with white dial to be dressier than polished case and silvered dial. I also put the MA on a Fluco Horween Shell Strap, which makes it even dressier.

The good news is that the MA has turned out to be a terrific dress watch, but I do think it doesn't work as well in casual situations, but that is just me. Here the picture of my MA.
    That was my exact thought process, and that is exactly what I ordered (minus the strap). Should be shipping mid-February :)
    A.Lange & Söhne ​1815 U/D | IWC Mark XVIII 3270-01 | Omega Aqua Terra 8500 Skyfall | Omega Speedmaster FOIS | Rolex Submariner 14060M | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 11

Quote Originally Posted by Mchu004 View Post
    That was my exact thought process, and that is exactly what I ordered (minus the strap). Should be shipping mid-February :)
    Good choice! That said, I suspect you will want to change the strap. The stock Stowa strap is not very nice IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As other said, they sell watches through their site and are very professional. I bought mine in 2014, everything was smooth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information