Stowa Marine Original, polished case: Blue leather strap suggestions? - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Stowa Marine Original, polished case: Blue leather strap suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Stowa Marine Original, polished case: Blue leather strap suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by evanr View Post
    I think you are not getting many responses because of such a restrictive budget for genuine leather.

One option you might consider is a custom strap in caiman from Mat at MK Leather. I nearly bought one from him for a Grand Seiko, but customs into Australia made me hesitate because I was on a strict timeline. He gets good reviews in the straps sub-forum. For a caiman strap, he was asking $130 USD + shipping about a year ago. It seems he has some 'ink blue', though you may want to email him as that may be quite dark.

MK Leathers » Leathers w use

For my Marine 36, I was actually looking for something similar and ended up going with a custom navy blue shell cordovan strap from an Aussie strap maker. It runs $185 AUD (the exchange rate is certainly in your favour). Rocky did my GS strap after all and I was quite happy with him. There was a minor issue and he offered to completely remake the strap for me--great customer service!

https://www.millhandmade.com/shell-cordovan
    evanr, thank you. Yes, I suspect you are correct. Unfortunately, the budget is pretty much what it is. I just can't afford/justify $200+ for a watch strap. So, perhaps I'm back to embossed for a grain strap.

I will definitely look at MK Leathers, and Mill as well. Thanks much for the tip.

Are these claimed "100% genuine alligator" straps from Vietnam and Ukraine that I see on eBay for ~US $75 best avoided, then?
    Last edited by cadenza; December 14th, 2018 at 04:43.

Banned

For my Marine 36, I was actually looking for something similar and ended up going with a custom navy blue shell cordovan strap from an Aussie strap maker.
    https://www.millhandmade.com/shell-cordovan
    Hi Evan, would you mind posting a picture of your Stowa Marine 36 on the blue shell cordovan strap? I'm seriously considering buying one and was looking for strap options. Thanks!

Oops, DP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by evanr; January 23rd, 2019 at 01:48.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hungdangnguyen23 View Post
    Hi Evan, would you mind posting a picture of your Stowa Marine 36 on the blue shell cordovan strap? I'm seriously considering buying one and was looking for strap options. Thanks!
    Sorry for the delay, here are a couple photos of the new strap on my Marine 36!

Name:  6050D3FA-F37B-49E2-BC58-FC1A6CB452C4.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  929.2 KB
    Name:  4C513480-D0EE-4BE9-9A78-E66AD65F2032.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  858.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cadenza View Post
    evanr, thank you. Yes, I suspect you are correct. Unfortunately, the budget is pretty much what it is. I just can't afford/justify $200+ for a watch strap. So, perhaps I'm back to embossed for a grain strap.

I will definitely look at MK Leathers, and Mill as well. Thanks much for the tip.

Are these claimed "100% genuine alligator" straps from Vietnam and Ukraine that I see on eBay for ~US $75 best avoided, then?
    I am not sure if this blue is blue enough, but I recently purchased a shell cordovan strap from the guys below. I bought the dark brown version, but the navy looks nice, too. For a shell cordovan handmade strap for $95 I don't think you can go wrong.

https://www.thosewatchguys.com/accessories/navy

Quote Originally Posted by cadenza View Post

I am not sure if this blue is blue enough, but I recently purchased a shell cordovan strap from the guys below. I bought the dark brown version, but the navy looks nice, too. For a shell cordovan handmade strap for $95 I don't think you can go wrong.

https://www.thosewatchguys.com/accessories/navy
    Last edited by mfseverini; January 24th, 2019 at 04:58. Reason: Duplicate post

Evanr, that blue shell cordovan looks amazing on your MO! I much prefer the side stitch as opposed to the cross stitch on a "dressy" strap/watch combo. Nice look!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Oops, DP.
    looks really nice! I have a Marine 36 Arabic Numerals and I was looking at a lighter blue suede strap from Hodinkee. Now you’re making me think maybe the navy blue is the way to go! Good choice!
    mfseverini likes this.

FWIW, I've come across a few nice looking options on Etsy recently.

This one is probably my favorite that I've come across, but it's JUUUST a bit more pricey than I was hoping for.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6356045..._home_active_5

I'm not sure what is "for Panerai" about this one, but the color and construction looks great.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/5993685...home_active_24

Yes, they look good nice work but are pretty expensive for Etsy (i.e. no reviews, no feedback, etc.) straps.

Afaik, "for Panerai" just means that the buckle is a Panerai style buckle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information