I have seen some nice blue leather straps on Stowas here; am looking for a good sampling of advice on a new blue leather strap for my Stowa MO; and hope the community at large can provide some good suggestions for me to research.
The watch is a Stowa Marine Original, Arabic, with a 41mm polished case.
Because the case is polished, I prefer the strap be more formal than "sporty"; elegant and discreet but still lively, not black.
The current strap is a Stowa "Croco", light brown/cognac/tan in color.
These are my criteria so far:
1) Leather only (no Perlon or NATO, etc.); 100% genuine alligator or crocodile skin (NOT embossed calfskin), or perhaps some other elegant skin.
2) A blue color which works very well with the MO flame-blued hands; that is not so dark as to seem black, and definitely not so light as a Baby Blue or even Royal Blue. A good Navy Blue would probably be in the correct color range.
3) Since the case is polished, I feel that the stitching should match exactly or very closely; that is, no contrast stitching on this strap.
4) Lug width 22mm; buckle width either 22mm, 20mm, or 18mm.
5) Budget: +/- $100 maximum. That is already a lot for me actually, but just to say I cannot afford those $250 IWC, etc., straps.
The straps I have seen so far that seem worth further consideration are Di-Modell ("Bentley" crocodile and some other model) and various Rios1931 alligator straps, maybe a Hirsch too. I am not sure what to make of the many "alligator/crocodile" straps I see on eBay from Vietnam, etc. Durability and quality are important to me.
Of course please post photos, if you have any, with your suggestions/links.
Thanks much in advance.