WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Stowa MO problems - Dust in case and + 2 minutes / day

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  supra8903 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I received my MO from Stowa about a month ago. I decided to just let it run for a bit to allow it to "settle in"

Over the last few days i've noticed it been +2 minutes / day. I have also noticed 2 pieces of dust on the inside of the case back, that were not there when I received it. See attached pics.

I’ve worn the watch 3 times over the last month.

I just sent an email to Stowa, I hope to hear a response soon.

Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dear Joe,

thanks for personal message, i answer now here to reduce double answering ;-)

Please send watch back and we will regulate the watch new and we take out the dust.

Dust sometimes is a problem for all watch producer:

There are many works on the movements, in t e company who produce the movements and in our production.

If there is a part of dust in the movement itself, hidden by the complex parts, sometimes during the transport, the dust comes out.

Of course we are trying to solve this problem by testing and turning the watch several days under the condition of normal customers use.

Please see attached amateur video ;-)

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

#3 ·
Jorg,

Thank you for the quick responce. I also got a responce from Fanny. I will package up the box and send it out this Monday via Fedex.

Thanks again for this level of support.

Joe

#4 ·
I hate to harp about this. But. After having put on my flame suit. I will. Complaining on the internet PRIOR to trying a resolution to an issue is not very fair. Whether it be Cars, Electronics, Watches. They are mechanical devices made by humans who have yet to solve the issue of not being perfect. While I understand a persons frustration when there is an issue with a new purchase. It's always best to first try and obtain a resolution with the manufacture. Then if they refuse to take care of the issue. Then let the world know. Even though Mr. Schauer responded in 5 hrs. with a full resolution and the company HQ. did the same within 7 hrs. There is now a needless negative report for Stowa floating about the WWW. Which will be there forever.

I'm not trying to rag on you personally. But. The world in general seems to be a shoot now and ask questions later place.

#5 ·
Interesting point. I'd agree that it kind of forces the companies hand in responding publicly, but ultimately someone coming across this thread will hopefully be able to see that an answer was made the same day, not only that, but the company produced a video showing the tests made to ensure high quality in their products, the same day.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

#9 ·
Interesting point. I'd agree that it kind of forces the companies hand in responding publicly, but ultimately someone coming across this thread will hopefully be able to see that an answer was made the same day, not only that, but the company produced a video showing the tests made to ensure high quality in their products, the same day.

True enough.

I just would have tried to solve the issue with Stowa privately. That gives them (Stowa) the opportunity to do the right thing. (I've never heard of Stowa NOT doing the right thing.) Then one could make a positive post out of it.

Again. Nothing against the OP. As I'm sure their wasn't any malice aforethought on his part.

#6 ·
Sorry guys. Never ment to start something like that. I just wanted to see what would cause the time gain. The dust was a side issue.

On the topic of time. Just hot home from work and now the watch is 3 mins slow.

#7 ·
Supra,

You may want to see how much a local watchmaker will charge for taking the dust out and regulation.

If you have to ship the watch to Germany that would be expensive and take a while. Unless Stowa is providing you with a prepaid shipping box.

Others on the forums may know how much a regulation costs... Chime in fellas.

Sent from my Mobile. Please excuse any typos.

#8 ·
I am yet to venture in the world of micros but have been watching a few of them - including stowa - with an interest. I own a few high end pieces from Richmond gang (panerai and jaeger LeCoultre) and my only experience dealing with smaller brand was Anonimo ( of which I own 2 pieces and just committed to get a third one soon). I must say I am very, very impressed with the level of service you are getting from Jorg here as compared to my track record dealing with the customer service folks and warranty issues with the bigger boys. I mean to get Panerai to respond to you with an estimate for cost of rectifying anything is like a two month ordeal, with literally no comms since the day you handed your piece over to them. I am yet to experience JLCs customer service but I hope it is at least not worse than panerai. To see a company's owner responding to queries like these in almost real time and standing by his product is unheard of in big brands world, and it is almost forcing me to consider a stowa as my next potential watch purchase. Well done, sir and keep it this way. Regards

#13 ·
really. Come on. I've posted my experience with all the issues I have had. I have also told the storiy of the positive customer service I received.

Am I pickey. Yes. But would any of you live with a watch that varies from + 2 mins to -3 mins a day.

I started this thread to talk about what I was getting with my new watch. Not catch crap for being pickey.

I also said in my other threads I'm a quality engineer. Next time your in an MRI thank god that someone like me is in charge of keeping you safe.

Mods please delete this thread. I'm sure stowa will fix it.

I never ment to cause this much BS.

Joe

#15 · (Edited)
And another note.
I never bashed stowa for these problems. I never said their product was "junk" or anything like that.

Truth is I love this watch. I bought it to give to my son someday. It's his name in the winding wheel.

I understand problems happen. If they didn't I wouldn't have a job. I just wanted to show and talk about my experience with this watch. Isn't that what a Watch forum is for.

As as far as stowa's rep. One poster said he would buy a stowa because if jorg's response in this thread. And I'm saving for a chrono hand wind.

It saddens me to have people upset for starting this thread, or any if the others listed above. (Note above poster never say anything about all of my other threads or posts)

Again. I know stowa will keep me happy. I'm just really upset for having people get angry for this thread. I never ment for that.

Jorg, thanks again for the personal response and feel free to clean up this thread.

Joe

#16 ·
Sorry Supra8903. As I stated. It was nothing about you personally. Nor did I think for a moment that you tried to act with malice. Or claim his product is junk. frogger17's post illustrates exactly my point. Posts from the past surfaced in a way that could make folks question you or your motives. I do think it was unfair to you for frogger17 to have dug up old bones. I'll not bother reading them.

It has more to do with how the internet is as a whole. I.E. Airing publicly any problems how ever minor BEFORE (that's key here) giving the company/person a chance to respond. Put your self in Mr. Schaurs shoes. If you sold him something and there was an issue. Would you like to hear about said problem from him privately, Or see it posted on the internet. And that's the only point about the post.

Best regards
Enjoy your present and future Stowa's

#17 ·
Please remember though also, that this forum is linked to directly from stowas website. I think for many people official forums are seen as an initial point of contact. Certainly I see it a lot on technical websites/forums. As such this might have been blown out of proportion a fair bit.

#19 ·
I agree that at first the post may seam negative but if anyone actually reads it, they will realize what awesome customer service Stowa and Jorg provide! Really it is amazing!

Jorg gives you first hand information about the watch making process! I have dealt with small companies before and Stowa really is the best I have seen! Money spent on a Stowa is money well spent! Good watch and good CS!

OP, please take the comments with a grain of salt, I am sure in the end that everyone just wants you to be happy with Stowa and happy with your MO! I do and we can see that Jorg obviously does too! In fact , I say once you get it back, lets hear an update followed with pictures! Pictures pictures pictures! : )

I think the problem is that people are so happy with Stowa as a company that they are ready to fight for Stowa on a moments notice!

My only beef is with people who post things like" I emailed Stowa on Friday, it's Saturday and I have not heard back". And then go on to bash Stowa. They don't realize they are not dealing with a 1000 person company. They don't realize they are getting very personalized service!

B.

#20 ·
Disclaimer: If I was in OP’s situation, I would also want Stowa to clean up the watch and re-regulate it.

I believe anyone has the right to post a public complaint. But that right comes with a responsibility to exercise it with care.

And part of that care is giving a business the opportunity to make it right without giving them a public black eye. Whether intentional or not, OP’s original message questions Stowa’s quality control. Does anyone believe that everything is always perfect, or more precisely, that watch left Stowa without proper QC being conducted?

For a company like Stowa, public forums like this can be toxic. The average Stowaristi will likely see Jorg’s response and say, another example of Stowa’s great responsiveness and there will certainly be first-time buyers that will also be impressed. Just as likely, there could also be someone on the fence, trying to decide between their first Stowa and XYZ other brand, who sees this thread and wonders if this just portends future issues and decides not to take a chance with Stowa.

The OP complains about the flak he’s taken for publicly airing his issue, but given that he is a public witness, I think it’s only fair, and that includes his past public statements.

By the way, I am no Stowa apologist. On the contrary, I am very invested in learning about any QC issues they may have because I have a watch on order with them. But this was just unfair and there’s no way to unring the bell.

#21 ·
Watch was packaged today and sent to Germany via FedEx. They should have it sometime this week.
I'll let you know what they say.

Im sure they will take good care of it. All comunication so far has been great.

#22 ·
The only bad thing is the waiting. I imagine they will have a quick turn for you. Although. I don't know how long a regulation takes.
I'm due to pick up my new Stowa (hopefully) next week. I'm sure this week will crawl by at a snails pace.

#26 ·
I got the watch back yesterday. All looks good so far. I'll let it run for a bit before I see how its keeping time.
Turn around and communication has been great.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.