Stowa neophyte question...

Thread: Stowa neophyte question...

Stowa neophyte question...

Hi all

I'm trying to understand the difference between the Stowa Antea 390 and the Antea Automatik. Unless I'm mistaken, they're both 39mm in diameter and automatic. Is it just that the former has blue hands ? Or is the latter of "inferior" specification, regarding it's movement ? There is a considerable price difference...

Perhaps I've missed something in the catalogue explaining this

I generally prefer black faces, what are these like ? Which colour do you guys generally prefer for these models (and why ?) ?

stuffler,mike

Re: Stowa neophyte question...

Well. you indeed missed some info reading the catalogue:

Differences between Antea 390, Antea Kleine Sekunde and Antea 365:

1 - The Antea "Kleine Sekunde" is a handwind watch with 35.50 mm size, without date, movement ETA/Peseux 7001

2 - The Antea 365 is a automatic watch (ETA 2824-2) in 36.50 mm size, the case is thicker than the handwinded Antea Kleine Sekunde and it features a date on the 6 o´clock Position. The rotor is made by hand.

3 - The Antea 390 is also a automatic watch (ETA 2824-2), with date, but the casesize is 39.00 mm. The Rotor of the movement is also made by hand.

Differences between Antea and Antea 390

1 - it is the silver dial which makes the difference, the Antea comes only in black and creme.
    2 - it is the rotor which in the 390 is a handmade rotor of "German silver", a material used by brands such as A. Lange & Söhne. And the STOWA logo is engraved on ´that rotor.

Differences between Antea Creme/Black and Antea 390

+ Blue heated hands for Antea 390 (365,KS), not for Creme/Black

Stefan
    Last edited by stesoell; March 7th, 2009 at 17:10. Reason: added my name ;-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok thanks. This explains (and justifies) the price difference. Still not sure what I prefer though. Cream coloured dials are not really my thing usually.

Does anyone have some pics of the black and silver versions ?
    I mean real world pics by owners... I'd also like to see what these watches look like on different (unusual) straps. For example, Ostrich, Stingray, snake etc,.

I'll try searching through the forum's older posts/threads for a start.
    Last edited by pure; March 9th, 2009 at 13:52.

Here you have 'em all:

I don't want to differentiate and prefer one ,

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    Here you have 'em all:

I don't want to differentiate and prefer one ,

Volker
    Thanks Volker

Black is very nice indeed.
    The current Antea 390 is siver-dialled, but it looks almost white in the pictures on Stowa's website (except in one pic, where it has a silvery sheen to it). Are yours "pure" white or slightly cream/off-white ?

Are these watches comfortable ? Is the milanaise bracelet comfortable ?

One of my most important criterion in choosing a watch, is comfort (though I'm sure the Bauhaus-ian principles have taken this into consideration). I had a wrist (watch wrist) ligament injury last year, which took a very long time to heal. So I'm a bit paranoid about watches regarding comfort/ergonomics.

Hi pure,

to answer your last question first: Yes, it is very comfortable (at least for me ), either on the milanaise bracelet or on a leather strap.
    To the dials:
    The left one is a special edition (ETA 2660). The dial's colour is a mix out of white and a light silver (no, not "slightly cream/off white"), hands are black.
    The right one is with a genuine silver dial, blued hands and a C.O.S.C. movement.
    I chose all three because they are 1) each without a date window and 2) with different markings for the hours: all arabic numerals/ all indexes/ alternating numerals to indexes and 3) equipped with different movements: 2660 hw, 2824-2 serial aut., 2824-2 C.O.S.C. aut.

If you choose to order the milanaise, order a leather strap too. They are really soft and the price is really low - but don't forget to order a suitable buckle.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

How is the surface like on the hands of the black Antea on your picture? Is the white color's surface smooth and glossy or is it more like the surface of lume, that is somewhat porous and uneven at close inspection? Would it be possible for you to take a close-up picture of the white hands of that black Antea?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Pierre

Question?I am considering to buy a Junghans MAx Bill
    max bill automatic by junghans gold 10 mic 027770000
    cost around 700 euro or an Stowa Antea which cost less .They are somehow similar in style refering to the bauhous design.I would be glad if somebody gives me an advice.Thank you in advance

Thread Information