Stowa Partitio: opinions and suggestions?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Stowa Partitio: opinions and suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Stowa Partitio: opinions and suggestions?

I am very interested in acquiring a Stowa Partitio, but would love some feedback on my thoughts.
    My current watches are:
    Damasko DA36 (automatic); black dial; arabic.
    Omega Seamaster 1958 (automatic); white dial; stick. (From my father, I only it wear on special occasions.)
    Stowa Marine Original (handwound), white dial, arabic.

Photos of these 3 watches are below. I love them all.
    I am not a flipper at all, but am selling (trying to sell) a mint Seiko "Blue Spark" and a mint Damasko DA37 in order to fund this potential new watch, and to create space. I really do not want more than 4 watches maximum + my G-Shock.

I would appreciate some feedback and other opinions on the dial colors.
    (I would prefer handwound if I had a choice, but that is not a real deal-breaker.)

These are my feelings so far:
    KLASSIK BLACK:
    Pros: I love the black color; love the great lume; handwound option; would only buy the white second hand I think.
    Cons: none really; but black might be redundant to the Damasko DA36?

W&W LE BLUE:
    Pros: I have no blue watches, but am really unsure of the dial color (maybe there is a reason I do not have any blue dial watches...)
    Cons: Automatic only; people are selling them used for $1,000; I am not a fan of the "parchment" lume; nor really of the "playful" red-tipped second, so I wonder if I really should be looking at an entirely different blue-dial watch (but same price range as I cannot afford Nomos, etc.).

What was that Stowa LE, the MABLE? Maybe look for one of those or too redundant to my MO?

KLASSIK WHITE:

Pros: also beautiful; also handwound as an option.
    Cons: I would then have 3 white dial watches and 1 black dial watch.

Every time I think of this I have different feelings, so maybe some other opinions and experiences will broaden my thinking and approach.

Thank you.

Name:  Damasko DA 36_cactus_01_small.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  1958 Omega Seamaster_05_600x600.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  141.0 KB

Name:  Stowa Marine Original Sunphase_01.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  162.0 KB
    Last edited by cadenza; 1 Week Ago at 06:01.

Re: Stowa Partitio: opinions and suggestions?

I don't think the black partitio is redundant to the Damasko. One is a flieger, the other isn't. Both have black dials, but that's it.

As for the blue W&W LE, you have answered that yourself already. You don't seem to like the price or the colour.

The white partitio is also lovely. Who cares if you have 3 white dial watches? Clearly you like white dials, which is fine.

Don't overthink it to much, get the one that puts the biggest grin on your face. All three versions are very wearable in a wide range of situations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    njhinde and ShawntheSheep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woiter View Post
    I don't think the black partitio is redundant to the Damasko. One is a flieger, the other isn't. Both have black dials, but that's it.

As for the blue W&W LE, you have answered that yourself already. You don't seem to like the price or the colour.

The white partitio is also lovely. Who cares if you have 3 white dial watches? Clearly you like white dials, which is fine.

Don't overthink it to much, get the one that puts the biggest grin on your face. All three versions are very wearable in a wide range of situations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Thank you woiter.

I was hoping Stowa had the black hand-wound Partitio on their sale, but Stefan Kettner just replied that that model is sold out now, so I can look a bit more.

I will think more on the black or white, but not the blue.
    Not because I do not want or like blue (I do) but because I do not really like the Partitio WW LE version.
    I was just looking at the Stowa MOBLE, and those are really so beautiful, wow, much more than the blue Partitio to me.. If I found a used one of those...but, maybe too redundant with my MO, I don't know. Nomos Zurich Blaugold would be different, but so much $!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had the blue dial and the watch itself was fantastic. I sold it because the shade of blue wasn’t for me. Would I buy another Partitio? Yes. I’d get a black dial handwind. I think that would fit your collection as well
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

As I stated in the special offers thread, I have only had the Black Partitio for 5 days and absolutely love it.

I have been stalking the Partitio since last year and initially fell in love with the white face. After viewing every photo on instagram and other posts on WUS (my obsessive compulsive side), I switched to liking the Black better. When I saw the special offers post, I immediately contacted Stowa asking about the Black Hand wound. As soon as it was available, I pulled the trigger and arrived about 8 days later.

Due to age (need reading glasses), I really like that I can glance at the watch and easily be able to read the time. That isn’t as easy with my other watches. The lume is outstanding. I am planning on wearing this and my Marine 40 as my main watches for work/casual. The Partitio in particular is perfect for my 6.9 in wrist and fits nicely under my shirt sleeve. I have another watch (white face field) that is 43mm and IMHO is too large. Not to mention what it does to the cuffs of my dress shirts. This is the hand wound version and as of today seems to run about 10-15 seconds fast. That was the same with my Marine 40. That settled down after while and is now about 5 seconds fast.

If I had any complaint (I really don’t), I find winding a little bit of a challenge, but am getting used to it. The crown is on the smaller side, and my fingers maybe too fat...that said, this isn’t a big problem and I love the watch. I have several vintage hand wound watches that seem to wind much easier...the Partitio is just different. I highly recommend the Partitio don’t think you would be disappointed with the either Black/White face.
    cadenza likes this.

I agree with Woiter, it doesn’t matter if you have a Damasko and black-dial Partitio. The Partitio is a great watch with its own character.

I am not a fan of the white dial version, but that’s just my view. Black dial with red second hand would be my choice (this also adds a hint of colour, and is different to the yellow on your DA36).

Go for the one you like most. Even if you had 10 watches of similar style it would still be fine as long as you love them all: you are the only person who sees them side-by-side, everyone else only sees the one you’re wearing.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have the blue partitio and love it. It seems like that color it isn't your cup of tea, which is fine, I think the black and white ones are nice as well. It straddles a nice middle ground between dressy and casual that allows it to be worn in a variety of environments. It also lends itself to strap changes, which I find fun. I've only worn mine on the green suede strap it came with so far, but I just ordered some tweed straps that I think will look fantastic, and I could easily see it on a NATO strap for casual wear or a more conservative leather strap if you wanted to dress it up for the office.

I wouldn't overthink "redundancy" in dial colors. Buy what makes you happiest and you're most likely to want to wear. I have a number of similarly styled watches and I get enjoyment from all of them.
    Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT | Junghans Max Bill | Glycine Combat 6 Moonphase
    Poljot Strela | Sea-Gull 1963 | Glycine Airman 1953 | Vostok Amphibia | A-13A
    Timex Marlin Auto | Casio G-Shock | Stowa x Worn & Wound Partitio Blau LE
    Stowa Flieger Type A | Tissot Visodate | Hamilton intra-matic | Marathon GPM
    Defakto Vektor | Poljot Sturmanskie Gagarin | Maratac Mid Pilot | Orient Mako

The black dial will offer the most versatility, but the blue dial really gives the watch character, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thank you all.
    Liam0062, it was your gorgeous Partitio (plus those lume shots, thanks again) that got me thinking seriously of one.

The black handwound Partitio it is. It is the one that speaks to me the most of the 3, and all of your comments have helped me see that more clearly. I appreciate it.

The black handwound one I was looking at on the Stowa sale sold before I could buy it, so I will wait for another sale, or a mint one here or on eBay.

Thanks again.
    Liam0062 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cadenza View Post
    Thank you all.
    Liam0062, it was your gorgeous Partitio (plus those lume shots, thanks again) that got me thinking seriously of one.

The black handwound Partitio it is. It is the one that speaks to me the most of the 3, and all of your comments have helped me see that more clearly. I appreciate it.

The black handwound one I was looking at on the Stowa sale sold before I could buy it, so I will wait for another sale, or a mint one here or on eBay.

Thanks again.
    Cadenza,
    I just got my new band. Dark Brown Alligator. Photo doesn’t do it justice. Looks great.
    Name:  13821C7B-2339-44F7-948F-BEBCCB69CC43.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  746.1 KB
    cadenza likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information