Stowa in Tokyo?

Thread: Stowa in Tokyo?

Stowa in Tokyo?

I'll be visting Tokyo in 2 weeks time and one of my objectives there (besides getting myself drenched with sake and stuffed with sushi) is to see some Stowa watches in real life. I think the Tic-Tac shops are carrying Stowa watches, and am wondering which location has the largest collection. Can anyone offer some advice to me? Many thanks in advance!

- Alan

stuffler,mike

Re: Stowa in Tokyo?

Mail Stowa, Jörg should know.

Tokyo is quite a big place .. whereabouts will you be staying ? There are some Tic Tac franchises within the "Parco" department stores, dotted around the city. For example, at Tokyo Dome and Shibuya. A map to the Shibuya one (in English) is here .. but depending on where you are, that might be some distance away.

The Tic Tac Japan shoplist is here (Japanese, click "Kanto" ). Let me know where you are staying and I can point out the closest one. Lots and lots of good watch browsing opporunities in Tokyo, I'm sure you'll have fun in between the Sake and Sushi sessions

TT

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mike - yes I'll mail Jorg to see if he has any suggestions for me. Thx.

TT - Wow thanks for all the info! I'm staying at Shinjuku but will probably travel all around the city anyway... for food and to look for bargains on 2nd hand watches. But I probably won't get anything at the end because of the ultra-expensive yen.

Quote Originally Posted by fattux View Post
    Mike - yes I'll mail Jorg to see if he has any suggestions for me. Thx.

TT - Wow thanks for all the info! I'm staying at Shinjuku but will probably travel all around the city anyway... for food and to look for bargains on 2nd hand watches. But I probably won't get anything at the end because of the ultra-expensive yen.
    Shinjuku has some good watch shops, including used. If you do want to visit Shibuya for "Tic Tac", it is not too far ( take the JR Yamanote line ). Sticking with same line, carry on to Yurakacho ( one stop before Tokyo ) and right outside the station is Bic Camera, which I've mentioned in an earlier post. Not a dedicated watch shop, and non used, but on the 6th floor is a huge variety of watches from G-shock ( 100s of types ? ) through Citizen, Orient, Seiko, Omega, Rolex, Sinn, B&R, Grand Seiko and many others to Blancpain and VC. Not much English spoken but the staff will be happy to show you any item.

It's a short walk from Bic Camera under the train tracks to Ginza, where there are plenty of small and not-so-small watch dealers, and a further short walk from Ginza to Tsukiji, where all the fresh fish to be eaten in Tokyo lands each morning.

Sadly you are right though, the yen isn't helping

TT

Thanks again TT. Will definitely let you know if I find any good stuff there.

- Alan

Hi just want to follow up on my previous posts... Went to Tokyo last week and finally saw some Stowa & Schauer watches in real life (at "Tic-Tac" shops in Shibuya and Shinjuku).

The Airman and Marine on display were very nice, but the biggest surprise was the Prodiver... it's a real stunner and all the photos I've seen on the internet so far have not been doing the watch justice. And it's real heavy-duty too! I didn't have much experience with diver's watch, so the weight came to me as a surprise. On the other hand, the watch is very comfortable to wear despite the weight, and that speaks a lot for the design.

Unfortunately the price of the Prodiver was way out of my intended budget (220,000 yen = USD2,440). I don't know why it's so much more expensive than the price quoted on the online shop, even after taking the strong yen into consideration (Perhaps it's some sort of limited edition I don’t know of?)

Anyway this gives yet another reason to order your Stowa online, besides the famed customer service.

I’ve also bought some Japanese watch magazines when I was there and found some articles on Stowa… One talks about Jorg's visit to Japan in Oct and the new Partitio, while the other is some sort of top 10 list (on the upper left corner, there's also a quote from some watch shop manager, talking about how Stowa's popularity is on the way up) Sorry I can't give you any more details on the content, as I can only read 1 to 2 words of Japanese

Thanks for reading my post… and X’mas greetings to all Stowa and Schauer supporters around the world! (opps sorry this is not the Xmas thread…)

- Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

stuffler,mike

Thanks for a very interesting update.

Thread Information