stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

Thread: stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    661

    stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

    Will prices of the watches go up soon? I have heard that ETA will stop making ebauches for non swatch group companies? Recently the owner of stowa bought durowe... Will/When will they be put in the stowa line up and will prices go up? Will it the update be for the better or for the worse? Is it best to buy now or wait?

  2. #2
    Member interested_party's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    941

    Re: stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

    From a company point of view, I think it's exciting. An independently owned company using in-house (sort of) movements. There are not too many brands like that any more.

    Even if prices does go up, they will surely be lower than other indepenent companies using in house movements (Rolex, AP, PP, VC, etc.).

    I can't speak from a technical perspective though. I have no idea if Durowe mov'ts are more or less reliable than ETAs. There are COSC Durowe mov'ts floating around though.

    To provide advice on your question though: Buy one now and one later.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    691

    Re: stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

    Excellent recommendation i_p!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLouis View Post
    Will prices of the watches go up soon? I have heard that ETA will stop making ebauches for non swatch group companies?
    Yep, there´s a sticky on Public.

    Recently the owner of stowa bought durowe...
    Not recently, some years ago would be correct.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Not here anymore
    Posts
    61

    Re: stowa... wait or buy now? & durowe/eta transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Yep, there´s a sticky on Public.


    Not recently, some years ago would be correct.
    In 2002 would be right on the mark!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •