is the Stowa warranty transferrable from owner to owner?

Thread: is the Stowa warranty transferrable from owner to owner?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is the Stowa warranty transferrable from owner to owner?

i'm considering buying a vintage Stowa still under warranty, will i be covered under the original owners' warranty?
    - lauro

Re: is the Stowa warranty transferrable from owner to owner?

Quote Originally Posted by lauro
    i'm considering buying a vintage Stowa still under warranty, will i be covered under the original owners' warranty?
    I doubt that the warranty on a vintage Stowa will still be valid at all. Warranty in Germany was 1 year till a couple of years ago It's two years now.
    Cheers,
    Micha

Wink Re: is the Stowa warranty transferrable from owner to owner?

Maybe it´s new old stock?

Joern
    Even a broken watch shows the correct time twice a day

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well, i'm considering putting an offer in for a Seatime ProDiver posted on the WUS Sales forum and would like to know if the remainder of the warranty is transferrable. i made an attempt to contact the seller but have not got a reply.
    - lauro

I don't think the seller will be able to answer that qiestion. It is probably a decision from Jorg at Stowa. I do know that watches purchased from the US AD, Watchbuys usually only cover the original owner but the warranty from the factory still applies. So if you had a problem with the watch and were not the original owner, you would have to mail it to Germany and not to the US authorized dealer. Don't quote me but I am pretty sure the standard 2 year warranty from germany would still apply but don't expect any help from your dealer who may not be in germany.

Since the movement of the Prodiver is a standard 2824-2, I don't think you will have any problems with servicing. Any competent watch maker can service it.

thank you for the info orangehole! i appreciate it.
    - lauro

Quote Originally Posted by lauro
    well, i'm considering putting an offer in for a Seatime ProDiver posted on the WUS Sales forum and would like to know if the remainder of the warranty is transferrable. i made an attempt to contact the seller but have not got a reply.
    Ok, that won't be a vintage watch though Anything over 20 years old is considered vintage Anyway - I'm not sure whether the warranty is transferable, but knowing the excellent Stowa service, I'm sure they will find a solution that will fit both (should warranty not be transferable, which I doubt).
    Cheers,
    Micha

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear Lauro,

our guarnatee is worldwide - this means it doesn´t´matter who buys and maybe sell again.

If the original guarantee card is with the watch and i can see when it was sold i take care about the watch.
    (also over the normal guarantee time- of course this depoence if we make a mistake or the client

But of course important is that we have a original stamped guarantee card from us or from our dealers.
    (The mainreason is that sometimes watches are stolen on the way to the buyer - and if this people want to sell the watch they maybe say they have no stamped guarantee card - for the reason that i can´t see when and to whom the watch was sold)

And just for information: We loose every year a few watches on the way to the customer- of course always our lost money because the client will get a new one without any morecosts.

I only would be carefully with nearly new watches without guarantee card - in this case i always would ask the producer to give a statement on the actual item.

Watchbuys for example is a official dealer and if a american who bought his watch from them and want to sell it again - no problem for us.

My Ethik says to me it makes no sence to give guarantee to a product and if the product changes the owner to finish the guarantee.
    (i think this is also a very delicate matter in front of a advokat ?)

Guarantee is guarantee - not depending of the owner of the item (if it is a watch or a car)

This is my and STOWA´s way of doing.

Best regards

Jörg

Jörg,
    This is a welcomed and admirable interpretation of the manufacturer's guarantee. In my experience, the rule seems to be that warranties and guarantees do not transfer from owner to owner. I have never understood this - the product has not changed, why would it's maker's responsibilities for it change?

Your pride in your workmanship and end product is apparent and truly appreciated by all of us here. Hopefully other manufacturers will learn from your example (I'm not pointing fingers ;)).

Thanks,
    Tom

I think Jörg's response underlines exactly why Stowa is such a great company This is a policy I can't commend enough, it is honest and straightforward, and I believe that to be the best possible recommendation.

I have 2 Stowas, and they won't be my last!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information