Are Stowa Watches Made to Order? - Page 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Are Stowa Watches Made to Order?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Are Stowa Watches Made to Order?

Quote Originally Posted by fracture. View Post
    It's a legitimate question, don't worry. Mike is frequently condescending, but also very helpful many times.
    That comment should get ya far on this forum.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Quote Originally Posted by cadenza View Post
    The answer certainly varies a bit regarding model/season/etc, but I would surmise that primarily:
    1) Mr. Schauer doesn't assemble; Stowa do.
    2) Watches are typically assembled following orders, i.e. a JIT (Just-In-Time) delivery model, for economic, tracking, staff, and storage reasons.
    3) Some models are surely assembled and unsold, therefore available immediately, but I would surmise Stowa try to keep this number as low as possible.
    4) Whether assembled pre- or post-purchase, assembly would be subject to the exact same quality control schedule and standards.
    You asked Jorg? He doesn’t assemble. That’s odd cause there is a pic of him on the website showing him assembling a watch

Quote Originally Posted by shintomagic View Post
    Does Jorg assemble the watches before they are ordered and they just sit there in the black forest waiting to be purchased or does an order have to come in before watch assembly begins? Just a curious Stowa Flieger owner wondering how his watch was made :)

I would think that some are pre assembled, because they use watches for shows, reviews etc etc and then of course the sell many of those which are instantly available and sometimes have other times when things are available right away for other reasons also. I’m sure some of the wait is also they have to wait on their partners to deliver items to them so they can assemble. I would assume tho that 95% of watches they sell are assembled once purchased. To me, that’s a HUGE plus. That means the watch you get is a new watch, newly assembled, newly checked and just a fresh piece, not something that sat in a warehouse or display case 6 months
    Rickster27b likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are Stowa Watches Made to Order?
    Nowadays such a question is absolutely redundant. Waiting two weeks for a watch is a timeframe not worth to be discussed about.

In October 2006 I ordered one of the 80th Anniversary Flieger watches (FO LE, modified Unitas with central second's hand).................................and got it in 2008, 8th October!
    Serial models had to be waited for three to six months back then - almost everybody waited patiently and was glad when they finally got that object of desire.
    I enjoyed that regular thrill of anticipation.......................many times,

Volker

Thank you for the replies, helpful and not!
    LB Carl, Simon and eleven pass like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    Nowadays such a question is absolutely redundant. Waiting two weeks for a watch is a timeframe not worth to be discussed about.

In October 2006 I ordered one of the 80th Anniversary Flieger watches (FO LE, modified Unitas with central second's hand).................................and got it in 2008, 8th October!
    Serial models had to be waited for three to six months back then - almost everybody waited patiently and was glad when they finally got that object of desire.
    I enjoyed that regular thrill of anticipation.......................many times,

Volker
    I wish I could turn back time I haven't interested in watch back then during 2007 (80th anniversary of Stowa).
    FOLE is "the Killer" among Fliegers / Pilot Watches, even today FOLE is still and will be top notch.
    stuffler,mike likes this.

Part of the deal when buying a nicely made watch, IMHO.
    Rickster27b likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I have a feeling they assemble watches on a regular basis (minimum quantity), not just when they receive orders. There will be peak months, and they wouldn't want to miss the 2-3 weeks wait time.
    LB Carl likes this.

My Stowa Partitio Handwind showed up yesterday. I ordered it on 9/12 … received 10/07 .. A bit less than a month. Not bad for a hand made to order and shipped from Germany to Maine US... Really gorgeous (In my mind). I ended up choosing the Partitio - a simple design - easy to read, not particularly showy - just an elegant piece for my everyday wear. The supplied black strap was actually quite nice and comfortable, but I switched out for my favorite Horween Brown strap from Popov Leather. (Black was a bit too dressy for me). I am sure they put it together after my order came in. They predicted 2-3 weeks and that is exactly what happened. I am thrilled to have received such a beautiful hand crafted watch.

RickName:  L1145384.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  433.1 KB

Name:  L1145393.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  398.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    My Stowa Partitio Handwind showed up yesterday. I ordered it on 9/12 … received 10/07 .. A bit less than a month. Not bad for a hand made to order and shipped from Germany to Maine US... Really gorgeous (In my mind). I ended up choosing the Partitio - a simple design - easy to read, not particularly showy - just an elegant piece for my everyday wear. The supplied black strap was actually quite nice and comfortable, but I switched out for my favorite Horween Brown strap from Popov Leather. (Black was a bit too dressy for me). I am sure they put it together after my order came in. They predicted 2-3 weeks and that is exactly what happened. I am thrilled to have received such a beautiful hand crafted watch.

RickName:  L1145384.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  433.1 KB

Name:  L1145393.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  398.3 KB
    She looks great Rick!
    Rickster27b and stuffler,mike like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information