Stowa Worn & Wound Partitio Blue - Page 5
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Stowa Worn & Wound Partitio Blue

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I'm quite tempted by this watch. Partitio looks superb in blue.

Would it work with a suit in a not too conservative environment, or is it too casual? Maybe with another strap?

Also, am I buying the watch from Stowa, an EU company for which the familiar sales obligations apply (for EU citizens), or from W&W?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Stowa Worn & Wound Partitio Blue

From W&W, as explained here:

https://windupwatchshop.com/collecti...13942716956738

Orders will be accepted at 25 units per month. Current ship date will be updated and shown on this page. Watches will ship directly from Stowa Germany. EU customers will be contacted after order to collect VAT. Depending on your shipping destination you may be subject to import taxes. FedEx or DHL will be used to ship all watches.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I think you are buying the watch from W&W and it is supplied by Stowa. I say this because I expected to have to pay duties or customs before Fed Ex would release the package to me but they just handed it over after a signature. If you are thinking about it I would not wait too long, on their Instagram (W&W) post they stated that there were only a few left.

FWIW I think it would look just fine with a suit even in a somewhat conservative environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmusp View Post
    I'm quite tempted by this watch. Partitio looks superb in blue.

Would it work with a suit in a not too conservative environment, or is it too casual? Maybe with another strap?

Also, am I buying the watch from Stowa, an EU company for which the familiar sales obligations apply (for EU citizens), or from W&W?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm pretty tempted at this point

stuffler,mike, indeed that is the only information on the sales page and as you point out, I think, in contains no relevant information on the particularities of the sale, only that it is shipped by Stowa.

I sent an email to W&W a couple of weeks ago but alas I have not received an answer.

flaccidaardvark, thanks for the information. It's USD 500 is the limit for duty free in the US, right? I am surprised you did not pay duties.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

stuffler,mike, indeed that is the only information on the sales page and as you point out, I think, in contains no relevant information on the particularities of the sale, only that it is shipped by Stowa.

I sent an email to W&W a couple of weeks ago but alas I have not received an answer.
    Hmmh, you order from W&W, you pay $759.00 incl. free shipping in the US to W&W, Stowa will then ship. I don‘t miss any info. But this is just me. Imho $756 already comprises duties. EU customers will have to pay +19% VAT to Stowa which equals about €800.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 11th, 2018 at 17:53.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I received mine yesterday and I couldn't be happier!!! Sorry for the iPhone pics but I haven't had a chance to take some legit pics with my camera.

I was smilling ear to ear when I saw it.

I think it works with a suit pretty damn well. What do you guys/gals think?

My 4 year old asked if he could wear my Casio Royale today and of course I said yes so we had to document that with a quick wristi. Hopefully he doesn't play with it too much and get it taken away

If I was going to be super picky (which I'm not) my only complaint would be the packaging. Besides the caseback markings there isn't any other documentation showing it to be the W&W LE. I picked up a Dan Henry WindUp SE and even that one had a small certificate which showed the number and some details about it which was a really cool touch. But honestly this is just me looking to find something to complain about. I love what the guys at WW do and I'm happy to support them especially when it's with a product as killer as this watch is. Now I need to find the Autodromo & 1st Stowa collab to complete my trio.
    Last edited by dboulders; December 11th, 2018 at 19:07.
    Rolex Datejust 1601 | Hublot Super B 1921.1 | Ming 17.01 Anthracite | Nomos Club 36 | Seiko Panda 6138-8020 | Halios Seaforth Pastel Blue 1st Edition
    Accutron Spaceview | Seiko Padi Turtle SRPA021 | Seiko Turtle SRP779J | Dan Henry 1939 | Dan Henry 1972 | Citizen Aqualand C023 | Maranez Layan
    Casio Royale Black | Casio Royale Stainless | Casio Databank DBC611G-1

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Hmmh, you order from W&W, you pay $759.00 incl. free shipping in the US to W&W, Stowa will then ship. I don‘t miss any info. But this is just me. Imho $756 already comprises duties. EU customers will have to pay +19% VAT to Stowa which equals about €800.
    It is just not obvious what the implications of the extra foreign dealer is. Does the EU cool-off period apply? Do I enjoy the full EU warranty as if buying directly from Stowa (in addition to the warranty of Stowa itself)?

Although the Blau LE is 7.7% cheaper than a regular Partitio for US customers (assuming no duties), it's 9.8% more expensive than the regular version for EU customers. So it would be nice to at least enjoy the same benefits as if buying directly from Stowa...

flaccidaardvark, thanks for the information. It's USD 500 is the limit for duty free in the US, right? I am surprised you did not pay duties.
    That is what I had thought, i was surprised (pleasantly) as well. Can any other US buyers chime in, did you have to pay any duties on delivery?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information