WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

214K views 898 replies 151 participants last post by  jam karet 
#1 ·
Ok, i love my Stowa, as usual, i was presenting Stowa watches to my friend and i am showing him Stowa history via the wikipedia. Then i realised that in year:

• 1997, Stowa present 70th anniversary limited Fliegeruhr ("Pilot Watch") with Unitas 6300 N
  • 2007, Stowa present 80th anniversary limited edition of Flieger Automatic and Flieger Original.

So, we are now at 2016. That means next year is 2017, which is STOWA's 90th anniversary. We should have an anniversary limited edition.

• 2017, Stowa present 90th anniversary limited edition of ........?

So for those who are keen, we better start budgeting now, just in case that you love the offering.

Also, what you want for 90 anniversary?

#339 ·
Hello everybody,

we have received the hands for the STOWA 90th anniversary watches!

They look very nice and we are happy.

Please be advised that we have made pictures with the serial dials !!! ;)
(with C3- green Superluminova!)

The dials are under work and as soon as we have them we make pictures of the right colored dials with the same illuminating color as the hands!

Please be also advised that the small second, the central second and the 30 minute counter hands are also not the real colored ones ! (at the moent they also serial white colored. This hands will have the same color as the printing of the dial, a nice cream color, matching perfect the vintage look color of the hands.

As you can see, the color of the now received hands and the straps looks very nice in combination.

I feel that this watches will be perfect. ;)

bye for now

Jörg Schauer

Attachments

#364 · (Edited)

Please be also advised that the small second, the central second and the 30 minute counter hands are also not the real colored ones ! (at the moent they also serial white colored. This hands will have the same color as the printing of the dial, a nice cream color, matching perfect the vintage look color of the hands.

As you can see, the color of the now received hands and the straps looks very nice in combination.

I feel that this watches will be perfect. ;)

i also really liked them, for sure..
but what about the colour of the numbers on the date discs, for the models ''with date''?

they will also be painted/printed in the same cream colour or; will they still remain ''white'' eventhough all the others (dial, hands & even straps) having the same matching cream colour in these pictures of yours???

and on the baumuster B; will all the hour and minute numbers be the same cream colour but only the ones which have to be lumed will be having lume, or;
will the ones which have to be lumed, be cream colour and the others remain still ''white again'' (a dial; half cream and half white)???

for me; these two are the most important questions, actually!...

regards and please don' t let us become unanswered :)

#345 ·
Wow, spectacular hands! Hope the final effect when the dials are finished to match isn't overpowering. I suspect it will be great though.

#348 ·
Hi all - my 1st post! Ordered one of the LE fliegers with logo, date complication. Got the watch # to correspond to my son's birth date last year, my wife shouldn't be the only one getting all the recognition treats right?! I'm really excited from the photos Jorg has put up with the hands; the blued steel just goes so well with the radium! It's a exciting feeling not knowing how the final LE product is going to look (a bit like not knowing if my son was going to be a boy or a girl!)

Cheers for now.

#355 ·
Hi, does anyone know whether the Old Radium lume will be applied to the B-dial on alternating numbers only, like the original? I.e. 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 only, leaving 5, 15, 25, 35, 45 and 55 in white?

I'm loving the vintage colour shown in Jorg's photographs, and I'm sure the A-dial will look fantastic. It's a lot browner than I expected however, and I'm beginning to wonder whether the contrast on the B-dial (if any) will be too marked.

#372 ·
Does anyone remember what they said as far as delivery times go for the fliegers? I know the MABLE was going to be early summer but I'm thinking they said March for the fliegers...or was it May?

#381 ·
I went with a 40mm Flieger no logo, no date.

Still unsure regarding the Marine Auto. Not sure about the lack of hacking but appreciate the uniqueness of the watch and Jorg's efforts to preserve the movement and its history. Please convince me that this is a must have Stowa!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.