WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

214K views 898 replies 151 participants last post by  jam karet 
#1 ·
Ok, i love my Stowa, as usual, i was presenting Stowa watches to my friend and i am showing him Stowa history via the wikipedia. Then i realised that in year:

• 1997, Stowa present 70th anniversary limited Fliegeruhr ("Pilot Watch") with Unitas 6300 N
  • 2007, Stowa present 80th anniversary limited edition of Flieger Automatic and Flieger Original.

So, we are now at 2016. That means next year is 2017, which is STOWA's 90th anniversary. We should have an anniversary limited edition.

• 2017, Stowa present 90th anniversary limited edition of ........?

So for those who are keen, we better start budgeting now, just in case that you love the offering.

Also, what you want for 90 anniversary?

#399 ·
Do not worry. I am pretty sure that colour will be consistent and even throughout hands and dial markers.

Take a look at this video (Stowa Prodiver Blue Limited). It was posted on Instagram by Stowa long before actual watches went on sale.

Do you notice the greenish colour of the hands? On the production batch they are white and they look exactly the same as the dial markers.

#402 ·
Regarding lume,

"Please note - as it can be seen in the pictures - that the luminous mass of the hands and the dial can vary slightly. This is due to the process of manufacture and the concept of the watch. Hands as well as the dials are coated by hand with luminous mass (dials) and filled (hands). This process results in different layer thicknesses of the luminous mass and thus also different color gradings, but this supports the overall impression - VINTAGE - of the watch."

-from the Newsletter.

#415 ·
Yeah I certainly have that issue.

I originally ordered a MABLE matte, no date. My reasons were 1)I feel a matte finish will reduce likelihood of scratches 2) safe from smudges.

Now after seeing the polished finish I am pondering to polished (to such an extent that I am irritating my wife - posturing with deep thoughts as though pondering to solve World Hunger).

Not helped that pictures of the original stowa deck timepieces showed polished finish (I am a sucker for 'historical' repros hence also the somewhat irrational leanings towards overpriced Leicas).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.