STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 12
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Fikk View Post
    That Marine Automatik Blue Limited looks stunning.
    I was disapointed that the MOBLE was a bit too big for me. Patience sometime pays

Not really sure about the fliegers even though a type B is still missing at home. I'm curious to see how Stowa will integrate the date.
    I'm slightly annoyed that they'd release a model so close in design to the MOBLE within such a close time frame.

Understand that they are different (movement, etc), but if I knew this was coming, I might have made a different decision. (Still love my MOBLE though)

To be honest, I'm not overly wowed with the Flieger models. It's mainly a different lume colour with a vintage style. I was hoping it would be something that paid tribute to the history of the brand, but also includes jörg's flair for design and colours which I really enjoy.

Well... I supposed this leaves me more funds for other 2017 releases (Halios seaforth, h2o carbon, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Soulspawn; January 19th, 2017 at 23:58.
    -----
    Instagam: @i_am_khong

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Soulspawn View Post
    I'm slightly annoyed that they'd release a model so close in design to the MOBLE within such a close time frame.

Understand that they are different (movement, etc), but if I knew this was coming, I might have made a different decision. (Still love my MOBLE though)

To be honest, I'm not overly wowed with the Flieger models. It's mainly a different lume colour with a vintage style. I was hoping it would be something that paid tribute to the history of the brand, but also includes jörg's flair for design and colours which I really enjoy.

Well... I supposed this leaves me more funds for other 2017 releases (Halios seaforth, h2o carbon, etc)

I see the Flieger with old radium is more like a year long celebration. People who wanted a flieger would most likely go for it. It's like 90 pieces for each. Once done. Done.

The Marine however will probably sold out faster.

I am slightly surprise with a new blue marine LE so fast as well. After the Flieger Blue, marine blue, and prodiver blue, I thought it's gonna be Partitio or antea blue. But I was wrong. No green (color of the year) either.

Anyhow, it won't go wrong getting another blue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Soulspawn likes this.

I will probably skip these anniversary models, unless the Flieger pictures wow me. Although the blue Marine Automatic looks great, I also already have the blue Marine Original (which I love). Also I don't think the Fliegers will be different enough from my no logo, no date 40mm auto, but they would be good choices for someone without a Stowa Flieger.
    hidden830726 and Soulspawn like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That Marine is lovely. Will it be the same 10.2mm height (the Durowe seems to be taller than the ETA2824)? Does it hack?

Quote Originally Posted by ads75 View Post
    I will probably skip these anniversary models, unless the Flieger pictures wow me. Although the blue Marine Automatic looks great, I also already have the blue Marine Original (which I love). Also I don't think the Fliegers will be different enough from my no logo, no date 40mm auto, but they would be good choices for someone without a Stowa Flieger.
    Suggest u reconsider on the Marine. It will be great having along side the MOBLE.

I wasn't really sure what to expect in terms of what, or how many, LEs would be available. While the Flieger design may appeal to some more than others, the variety of options offered is pretty impressive: 4 different case sizes, automatic and handwinding options, a new B dial with date, Unitas 6498 with small seconds at 6 or 9, multiple chronos, etc.

There is something for everyone - very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by hidden830726 View Post
    Suggest u reconsider on the Marine. It will be great having along side the MOBLE.

I'm in the same boat as ads75, as I also have the MOBLE.... And I took your advise and did consider the marine, but it's just hard to justify two "dressier" style watches with such a similar colour.

I know I'll probably end up picking up the automatic Marine more often to wear than the hand wound MOBLE just because it's easier...

The marine is a good deal, but I'd rather have a bit more diversity in my collection.

I think I'll be a live long stowa fan, so I'm happy to wait and see what their next special models are and hopefully will be around for their 100th anniversary!

-----
    Instagam: @i_am_khong

Quote Originally Posted by Soulspawn View Post
    I'm in the same boat as ads75, as I also have the MOBLE.... And I took your advise and did consider the marine, but it's just hard to justify two "dressier" style watches with such a similar colour.

I know I'll probably end up picking up the automatic Marine more often to wear than the hand wound MOBLE just because it's easier...

The marine is a good deal, but I'd rather have a bit more diversity in my collection.

I think I'll be a live long stowa fan, so I'm happy to wait and see what their next special models are and hopefully will be around for their 100th anniversary!

Nah. Next will be 95 anniversary. Haha

I think the blue is different. Maybe it's just my eyes. I think MOBLE is darker.

I see MOBLE dressier and this is more casual.

Do bear in mind, real watch is always much more impressive.

Let's brainstorm what is the official acronym for the Marine Automatic Blue.

MABLE?

wkw1 likes this.

wkw

Quote Originally Posted by hidden830726 View Post
    Let's brainstorm what is the official acronym for the Marine Automatic Blue.

MABLE?

MABLE works for me

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information