STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 22
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Hello everybody,

Decoration of the movement:
    It will be definitely not decorated with Code Geneve or something like that.

Maybe we put blue screws in it - this can be a option, but still this i will think about if it looks good or not.
    (of course this will be a idea we test because the color blue is the idea of the watch ;))

Pforzheim and Durowe did very good movements, but never high decorated - i will keep this.

A swiss decorated movement will be not authenic for this kind of movement.

AND: To decorate this movements will have two big problems:

1 - the price will be much higher for this watch

2 - but for me the same important has the fact: To loose the movements in this working process will be a desaster and this sometimes happen.
    One small mistake during the complete decoration process will destroy 250 very worthful movements.
    (it is not possible to reproduce parts of this movement and my stock of repairpavts is very bog, but if a bridge is destroyed it is impossible to reproduce for a payable price)

This risk is to high!

I feel that the basic decoration of the former DUROWE times belongs more to this movement.

It looks basic but not raw.

Bye for now

Jörg Schauer
    What about a special, commemorative engraving on a solid caseback? Given your tremendous talent (and that of your team) and background, I feel like you would come up with something very fitting, and depending on the intricacy of the engraving, something worth paying a premium for as well.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

it is going to be more clear after your comments ,)

I have decided to add a solid casebake with a special engraving !

This will be IN ADDITION ! - without changing the existing price point ,)
    (i remember discussions with Mr.Hartmut Esslinger he says: "Try to give the people always more than they ask for or what they expect "

Everybody can choose later if he wants to have the solid casebook on the watch or beside the watch !

And i also will write again: "It will come a non date version and a date version - and it seems that the date on 3 o-clock will work pretty good ,)"

So , please wait a bit till i have drawn and have done a nice solid casebake for the MABLE.

And if we do the blue screws i am not sure yet.

I think to have it pure is good.

I don´t like the completely engraved Durowe movement - this looks in my eyes overpowered and overdecorated - but this is only my own personal taste. ;)

I have done by myself 20 years ago in some Digital 1 watches from my Schauer brand - today i don´t know if i would do again- maybe it depens the complete concept of the watch !

bye for now

If you are interested the weather in Engelsbrand, please just have a look at the actual livestream from Engelsbrand ;)

http://livestream.com/stowa/events/6938221

(it is just another try of the technic we will use in the future to stream our live action from the manufacture, building and steps of production your STOWA watches ,)- so the STOWA banner in front of the sky is just to give us a test of the used technic and how strong it is ,))

bye for now

Jörg Schauer
    Last edited by Jörg Schauer; January 28th, 2017 at 14:08.

If you are interested the weather in Engelsbrand, please just have a look at the actual livestream from Engelsbrand ;)

http://livestream.com/stowa/events/6938221
    Quite nice at 13:45 GMT How is the temperature?

PS - love that there will be a bonus engraved case-back

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very good news again and Thank´s to M. Schauer for giving more to his custumers at the same price...
    i think blue screws should be tried to see of it's looking good and maybe to have it as an option when we order could be a possibility...

I already have my name on the list. I trust Mr Schauer to make the right design choices. The engraved caseback is a nice touch for an anniversary model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solid case back is a great news and much more appropriate for the spirit of this watch...thank you for listening to the voice of the people, Mr Schauer...that is one big reason we love Stowa and stick around watch after watch after watch.
    frankcastle914 and wkw1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd-second View Post
    I was thinking about buying Antea KS with Milanaise bracelet but I'm not sure now.

This Marine Blue Limited Edition is amazing and I could buy Antea KS later.

I'm not sure...
    I'll eat lorazepam like peanuts...
    I can't make a decision...

Antea KS is the watch of my dreams but I fell in love with MABLE at first sight.

I want it for everyday use.

MABLE: Engraved caseback sounds great. I usually don't like date but it looks very well on the photo.

Antea KS: I could wait... I wish creme dial come back someday.
    foxl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd-second View Post
    I can't make a decision...

Antea KS is the watch of my dreams but I fell in love with MABLE at first sight.

I want it for everyday use.

MABLE: Engraved caseback sounds great. I usually don't like date but it looks very well on the photo.

Antea KS: I could wait... I wish creme dial come back someday.
    Only one chance at LE's :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2nd-second likes this.

Hello everybody,

here is a new concept picture with the date on the dial (i will definetly will do for a part of the 250 watches)

I have not decided if i should put on 3 or 6 o´clock Position.

I think it is very attractive to keep the original 3 o´clock Position and to use the original discs - it makes the watch more authentic.
    (and it will be a bit away from the 6 o ´clock Position we normally do ;))

I am still thinking ,)

Decoration of the movement:
    It will be definitely not decorated with Code Geneve or something like that.

Maybe we put blue screws in it - this can be a option, but still this i will think about if it looks good or not.
    (of course this will be a idea we test because the color blue is the idea of the watch ;))

Pforzheim and Durowe did very good movements, but never high decorated - i will keep this.

A swiss decorated movement will be not authenic for this kind of movement.

AND: To decorate this movements will have two big problems:

1 - the price will be much higher for this watch

2 - but for me the same important has the fact: To loose the movements in this working process will be a desaster and this sometimes happen.
    One small mistake during the complete decoration process will destroy 250 very worthful movements.
    (it is not possible to reproduce parts of this movement and my stock of repairpavts is very bog, but if a bridge is destroyed it is impossible to reproduce for a payable price)

This risk is to high!

I feel that the basic decoration of the former DUROWE times belongs more to this movement.

It looks basic but not raw.

Bye for now

Jörg Schauer
    Just throwing my $0.02 in the mix... not liking the date but by virtue of location. Nothing precluding it from 6:00 to maintain symmetry. That said this is from a non-buyer as I am an extremely proud owner of the Marine Original Blue LE which is essentially a perfect timepiece that never fails to stop me in my tracks to look at it. Date/no date, and location aside, the blue dial is perfectly executed so anyone considering this piece will surely not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm admitting right now that I'm not knowledgable about this (which is why I'm asking!) so maybe I'm wrong -

If using these date wheels, wouldn't the date window have to be at 3 because of the orientation of the numbers on the wheel?

Unless new date wheels were made, the date would be on it's side if the window were at 6 - is this not correct?

Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread Information