STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 31
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast
    Just received the promo email for this. What exactly will the movement be in handwind fliegers with central seconds?

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Yeah, there are too many of these "limited editions" being released. I would buy them because they look nice, not because they're rare. I'm happy with my LE Stars & Stripes movement which is only one of 75 pieces and has a unique look, but I don't plan on getting any more limited edition watch products with such quantities available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hidden830726 likes this.

I don't mind the quantity of the latest limited edition, what are we complaining about?! Of having a fair chance of getting a beautiful especial watch? 250 is not a huge numbers and allows us access to them celebrating this very especial anniversary for them and all the Stowa fans family.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

bay

Quote Originally Posted by debasercl View Post
    I don't mind the quantity of the latest limited edition, what are we complaining about?! Of having a fair chance of getting a beautiful especial watch? 250 is not a huge numbers and allows us access to them celebrating this very especial anniversary for them and all the Stowa fans family.

No complaints here! Stowa is more popular than it used to be, so it makes sense to me to grow the size of the limited editions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should popularity determine the limited edition numbers? For me the strategy has to be different. Keep numbers low and let the prices go up. I want exclusivity when I buy a LE watch. It is not acceptable the LE watch to be just 10% more expensive than the standard version. Plus there should be no more than 1 or 2 watches a year that are LE. I also do not like that blue wave. I am not happy that my MOBLE has duplicates through all the model range. How is it limited to 200 when a watch looking almost 90% the same has identical dial color. That makes 450 watches total.

Quote Originally Posted by svetoslav View Post
    Should popularity determine the limited edition numbers? For me the strategy has to be different. Keep numbers low and let the prices go up. I want exclusivity when I buy a LE watch. It is not acceptable the LE watch to be just 10% more expensive than the standard version. Plus there should be no more than 1 or 2 watches a year that are LE. I also do not like that blue wave. I am not happy that my MOBLE has duplicates through all the model range. How is it limited to 200 when a watch looking almost 90% the same has identical dial color. That makes 450 watches total.
    Welcome to the watch world. The demand will decide.

There's different types of customer / collector out there. You may not happy that 2 LE using the same blue. But some other collectors may cherish that because you will now have a twins LE of MOBLE and MABLE. While the dial color and indices may be the same (subject to confirmation) the case finish (originally revealed by jorg as matte) and movement is very different and off course MOBLE with sub second.

No right or wrong though. They are running a business. They can't be small forever.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    omeglycine and commanche like this.

If it's not acceptable to have a LE costing just 10% more than standard, how come you got yourself a MOBLE?

C'mon guys, this year is Stowa's 90th year. This year should have been the year of the FOLEs and MOBLEs. Just be happy you got them earlier. A lot of people don't, so could they have some fun too?
    JohnM and commanche like this.

77 MABLE left. Looks like 250 will be an appropriate number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess that I'm not selfish or into the "exclusivity" thing, I like the idea of LE but also the idea of sharing the joy with a fair number of Stowa fans that have the same right to be able to buy them, and I love that the price is not much higher, that's so considerate from Stowa, I don't mind the resale price I just want to enjoy a beautiful watch from my favorite brand :)

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

thanks for compliments and thanks for the critic for the quantitie of limited editions this year.

The story is easy and i try to explain:

In the last years we did several limited Editions - one or twice a year.

Our worldwide customers grow step by step and we have collectors who never could get a limited edition for several years now (and several reasons of course) One reason is that our customers live in 24 timezones.
    The result is: it doesn´t matter when we start a newsletter, some of this customers are in bed, some are awake, some are in business without having time, some ar on the way somewhere and so on.... Still if we change the start time of the newsletter (like we do in our christmas special sale) - in the last years the customers who are not satiesfied (because they never couldn´t get a interested limited STOWA watch) was growing and growing. With a few more limited Editions for our 90th anniversary we are trying to give everybody the chance to get a special watch for a fair price (i don´t like the idea to make a watch only more expensive in the reason of a limitation. If we charge a higher price we want to give the people also a higher value! ,)) The year 2017 is a special year and we want to make as much as possible collectors happy. AND: if you think for a limitation you always fighting with so many facts and points - it is realy difficult to make always the the right decision for the bright range of customers you have: One more example: Our Flieger Cklassic collection is now starting from 36 mm up to 43 mm - with our bestseller watches in 40 mm. What STOWA wants to do is easy: To bring the right size and right dial/function for everybody´s taste and everybodys comfortable casesize. We have many customers who wants to have 36 mm fliegerwatch and we have a lot of customers who didn´t bought the Marine Original Blue Limited because they like a bit more a automatic and a smaller casesize. What we believe - and the succes of the limited Edition maybe shows this: There is a very high demand outside for our fair priced and still very special watches. But i also agree that we will not keep this speed in the future ,). AND please don´t forget: the complete amount of watches is still only around 20-25% of our this years planed production. I think this is still something special. And i am sure we will have some of the modells available for a longer time this year ;)- not every watch is sold in the speed we have had this weekend. Another reason for a 250 limited Marine Automatic watch: The jewell and watchindustrie in Pforzheim celebrates this year its 250 anniversary and i do a respectfull view back to Pforzheimer watchindustrie in which STOWA was always a big part. I own also the movement brand DUROWE since 2002 and i have collected a lot of old movements. This circumstance brings the idea to me to launch this 250 watches. I have only one fear: This watch is still not presented in one article or in one magazine. Not regional and not worldwide. I think it will be the same as with many other limited Editions before: Maybe it is to late to get one in a few weeks or a few months. Maybe again some angry watchcollectors ;) H
    onestly speaking: It is extremly difficult to do always the right thing - the risc to launch a well balanced calculated, but still interesting watch with a lot of value costs sometimes the sleep in the night! Maybe i did some right decisions, maybe some of them makes a discussion here - thats life and thats what makes the forum so interested! But what i am sure: This watches will be worth the price we charge and all of the customer who buys one of those modells will have always something with a great rate of value for money.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

Attached a new picture of a FLieger 36 with the old radium color (old radium is dine in photoshop!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Jörg Schauer; February 6th, 2017 at 18:33.

Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information