STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 32
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Jörg - you are awesome! Thank you for giving customers an equal opportunity to own limited edition watches at fair prices. I think it's amazing to see your responses here on watchuseek! Keep on making great watches, pushing technical limits like the TESTAF T01 and DIN Professional, and paying respect to the beauty and history of STOWA. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Hello everybody,

thanks for compliments and thanks for the critic for the quantitie of limited editions this year.

The story is easy and i try to explain:

In the last years we did several limited Editions - one or twice a year.

Our worldwide customers grow step by step and we have collectors who never could get a limited edition for several years now (and several reasons of course) One reason is that our customers live in 24 timezones.
    The result is: it doesn´t matter when we start a newsletter, some of this customers are in bed, some are awake, some are in business without having time, some ar on the way somewhere and so on.... Still if we change the start time of the newsletter (like we do in our christmas special sale) - in the last years the customers who are not satiesfied (because they never couldn´t get a interested limited STOWA watch) was growing and growing. With a few more limited Editions for our 90th anniversary we are trying to give everybody the chance to get a special watch for a fair price (i don´t like the idea to make a watch only more expensive in the reason of a limitation. If we charge a higher price we want to give the people also a higher value! ,)) The year 2017 is a special year and we want to make as much as possible collectors happy. AND: if you think for a limitation you always fighting with so many facts and points - it is realy difficult to make always the the right decision for the bright range of customers you have: One more example: Our Flieger Cklassic collection is now starting from 36 mm up to 43 mm - with our bestseller watches in 40 mm. What STOWA wants to do is easy: To bring the right size and right dial/function for everybody´s taste and everybodys comfortable casesize. We have many customers who wants to have 36 mm fliegerwatch and we have a lot of customers who didn´t bought the Marine Original Blue Limited because they like a bit more a automatic and a smaller casesize. What we believe - and the succes of the limited Edition maybe shows this: There is a very high demand outside for our fair priced and still very special watches. But i also agree that we will not keep this speed in the future ,). AND please don´t forget: the complete amount of watches is still only around 20-25% of our this years planed production. I think this is still something special. And i am sure we will have some of the modells available for a longer time this year ;)- not every watch is sold in the speed we have had this weekend. Another reason for a 250 limited Marine Automatic watch: The jewell and watchindustrie in Pforzheim celebrates this year its 250 anniversary and i do a respectfull view back to Pforzheimer watchindustrie in which STOWA was always a big part. I own also the movement brand DUROWE since 2002 and i have collected a lot of old movements. This circumstance brings the idea to me to launch this 250 watches. I have only one fear: This watch is still not presented in one article or in one magazine. Not regional and not worldwide. I think it will be the same as with many other limited Editions before: Maybe it is to late to get one in a few weeks or a few months. Maybe again some angry watchcollectors ;) H
    onestly speaking: It is extremly difficult to do always the right thing - the risc to launch a well balanced calculated, but still interesting watch with a lot of value costs sometimes the sleep in the night! Maybe i did some right decisions, maybe some of them makes a discussion here - thats life and thats what makes the forum so interested! But what i am sure: This watches will be worth the price we charge and all of the customer who buys one of those modells will have always something with a great rate of value for money.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

Attached a new picture of a FLieger 36 with the old radium color (old radium is dine in photoshop!)
    Last edited by lightspire; February 6th, 2017 at 19:30.
    SaoDavi and Peter Atwood like this.

Kudos to you Jorg, For seeking to give your customers both value and satisfaction. It is a very respectable and rare thing in modern business. With all the will in the world you are never going to please everybody, but I think trying to please as many people as you can is a noble aim. I don't want to pay more just because a watch is rare, I want to pay for what the watch is worth. And anyway compared to many brands in the watch world, these are all exclusive numbers! Well done for what you are doing!

bay

Jorg is the man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jorg, you are the man and deserve credit for bringing a historic brand back to life and offering very high quality watches at reasonable prices, with the fit and finish of pieces priced much higher ... and with humility rather than arrogance. I own Rolex, IWC, Omega, Doxa, Aquadive, and other brands and Stowa remains my favorite watch company, the one I most root for to succeed. Surprising to even myself, I own only one Stowa at this point -- a 40mm Flieger, no date, no logo, with 2824-2 COSC movement. It's a simple, understated classic, perfect balance, handsome, and a magnet for compliments.

My dream Stowa would be another Flieger (36-41mm) but with non-ETA, hand-winding movement, Old Radium lume, a central seconds hand (not at 3, 6, or 9), engraving on the case side, and solid or sapphire back. I don't know what this would be called and it's maybe a little different than any of the current anniversary offerings. But what you are doing remains worthy of praise. You're doing everything you can to make the best, most interesting, and enduring watches you can.

John
    Last edited by JohnM; February 7th, 2017 at 04:02.

I am actually glad to see stowa increasing the numbers of their limited edition watches.

Case in point, a Flieger black forest LE just popped up for sale in the forums for a 500euro premium over the rrp... All the best to the seller and i hope they get the price they want, but higher volume would help ensure more customers are able to access the LEs at rrp and not pay a large premium for a watch they want just because they missed the launch of the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----
    Instagam: @i_am_khong

bay

Quote Originally Posted by Soulspawn View Post
    I am actually glad to see stowa increasing the numbers of their limited edition watches.

Case in point, a Flieger black forest LE just popped up for sale in the forums for a 500euro premium over the rrp... All the best to the seller and i hope they get the price they want, but higher volume would help ensure more customers are able to access the LEs at rrp and not pay a large premium for a watch they want just because they missed the launch of the watch.

I have no issue with there being 250 of a limited edition watch on the 250th anniversary of Pforzheim, rather than just 100 as there was with the limited blue flieger. But beyond a certain point I disagree that the goal should be more accessible resale prices on the secondary market, or that the goal should be "access for all." That's the whole point of a limited edition watch -- exclusivity! Not everyone is supposed to have it.

To be honest, I have zero concern for if the watch is limited or not. I didn't assign it any value when I made the decision to purchase the MABLE. For me, it's just a MAB (of course with a different and interesting movement).

For me a limited edition is a chance to get something a little different, that the company doesn't make as a matter of course, rather than wanting to possess something exclusive. But thats just my perception, no more or less valid than someone who likes rarity. Perception, isn't this what makes forum banter fun and also pointless

Quote Originally Posted by bay View Post
    I have no issue with there being 250 of a limited edition watch on the 250th anniversary of Pforzheim, rather than just 100 as there was with the limited blue flieger. But beyond a certain point I disagree that the goal should be more accessible resale prices on the secondary market, or that the goal should be "access for all." That's the whole point of a limited edition watch -- exclusivity! Not everyone is supposed to have it.
    In that case, it's just a matter of "limited enough". Is 100 pieces worldwide sufficient for a company producing watches in the upper-end of the "affordable" range? Is 250 enough? Why not only 25? That would be even *more* limited.

Personally, I agree with Jorg's strategy. It's not a long-term, permanent inventory item; but it has enough availability for everyone who wants one to get one.

The alternative would be the situation with the Flieger Original, where there's not nearly enough supply and a lot of disappointed customers.
    Last edited by SaoDavi; February 9th, 2017 at 16:45.
    flappylove likes this.

Will the radium style superluminova be off white, or more golden, like the Tudor Black bay.

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread Information