STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 47
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

I'm disappointed too and can only hope that Jorg will reconsider and delay the shipping of these watches until the hands are re-done. Yes, there will be a cost in time but, in the end, the watches will be beautiful and Stowa will have upheld its reputation for high quality, customer service, and attention to detail. As Will Rogers said, 'It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute.'

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

I'm never planned to buy one of the Limited Edition Fliegers, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Opensider View Post
    ... to my eyes there is no discernible difference in the colour of the lume on the hands and dial on the real vintage 55mm Flieger.

Name:  KlQiasv.jpeg
Views: 781
Size:  26.7 KB
    To my eyes, there is a difference.

As Fred0 says in his post above, the lume on the Tourby Pilot Vintage matches perfectly.
    Actually, I do see a difference in the pictures here.

That said, I was surprised at the visible difference in lume color in the prototypes. I guess it's more difficult to match the colors, given the technical aspects of applying lume to hands and dial, then maybe we thought?

Yes, the vintage on my Omega Seamaster 300 matches perfectly, but it's a different dial (lume not printed/coated directly onto the surface of the black dial) and different hands (polished silver, not blued), and different manufacturing resources altogether.

Definitely not suggesting anyone should buy this if they don't like it, but maybe should be more understanding of the reality of the situation?
    Last edited by Zinzan; March 25th, 2017 at 22:29.

isnt it really strange? the colour difference between the hands and the dial seems better (almost none!) for tha small seconds flieger than the type A one below?

And for the baumuster; things are getting more confusing.. From the announcement of this series; i ve sent mails to them and i asked even in here..

1-) Baumuster B has a different lume pattern than type A; cause not all the numbers are lumed. Even in regular one, if you look too close to the dial, you will be able to see the slight colour difference between the numbers which are lumed and the ones which are not (especially in some special incoming light angles..)

So in limited series i was expecting smth. like; the numbers which shouldnt be lumed also must be printed or painted to the same colour (with a non-luminous paint) with the numbers which are lumed have..

2-) The date choice for the baumuster came really interesting to me in two ways:
    first; it will be a ''first time'' for baumusters to have date
    second; the eta 2804 wont need any special modification; both pulled positions of the crown will have their functions.

But the date option just getting the colour issue more complicated.. cause it is bringing a third colour: white!!
    Isnt it possible to print some date discs in a way that the date numbers will have that same colour?

And again because of the lume pattern of baumuster B, a date window and disc will cause a big gap of dark in a lumeshot.. Isnt it possible to have that date disc also be lumed?
    (Like the example below)

for me; a 90th anniversary limited flieger of stowa should have a date disc lumed and painted in that same yellowish colour. (I would be ok with an increase on that price, but thats only me, of course..)

So seems like there is a watch which can really be beautiful like a dream, but needing smth. to be changed, for sure!..
    Last edited by ddestici; March 25th, 2017 at 21:34.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

and if there will be smth to be done about the colour difference; it should be getting the numbers darker, instead of getting hands lighter.. Cause the second option would make the limited fliegers to seem closer to the serial ones, i guess..

Anyway i will be choosing to wait for deciding either to get or to cancel my baumuster B...

Quote Originally Posted by ddestici View Post
    and if there will be smth to be done about the colour difference; it should be getting the numbers darker, instead of getting hands lighter.. Cause the second option would make the limited fliegers to seem closer to the serial ones, i guess..

Anyway i will be choosing to wait for deciding either to get or to cancel my baumuster B...
    Agreed. When it was first announced, I imagined a colour like that on the hands rather than that on the numbers.

I came across this watch of another brand with old radium lume. Same disparity. I actually LIKE IT! I'm in!
    B.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 4.50.37 PM.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  50.3 KB

Inq

Err, that's a vintage B-uhr, probably relumed at some point or with discoloration to the dial. Non-matching hands and dial are not what you'd want on a contemporary watch. I actually love Stowa and owned 2 fliegers before the changed to the horrible logo, still kicking myself for selling...

Edited: Forgot to mention the hands on the above pictured example probably belong to an A model, the hour hand being too long for the B dial, which would make the watch a franken of sorts...

Catalin
    Last edited by Inq; March 26th, 2017 at 12:33.

It's OBVIOUSLY a vintage Flieger. You can't be serious about re-lume can you? It's the vintage colour OR discolouration that appeals to me.
    B.

Inq

If the look suits you, I'm not going to argue. Regarding the relume, it wouldn't be the first time a vintage flieger has the dial refinished. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't wear a new watch that has different colour lume on the dial and hands, it looks amateurish... But again, it's a matter of personal taste, just like the beat up version that Laco sells.

Catalin

Interesting. Here's a photo of a Stowa vintage Flieger. The best place to compare the difference between the colour of the lume on the dial and hands is the tip of the seconds hand; where it is hiding one of the dial's minute markers. I can see no discernible difference in the colour of the tip of the seconds hand and the minute markers either side of it. If there is a difference, it's very subtle! (What an amazing watch by the way!)

Name:  Stowa-B-uhr-Baumuster-A.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  458.4 KB
    Inq, chickenlittle and JohnM like this.

Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information