WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

214K views 898 replies 151 participants last post by  jam karet 
#1 ·
Ok, i love my Stowa, as usual, i was presenting Stowa watches to my friend and i am showing him Stowa history via the wikipedia. Then i realised that in year:

• 1997, Stowa present 70th anniversary limited Fliegeruhr ("Pilot Watch") with Unitas 6300 N
  • 2007, Stowa present 80th anniversary limited edition of Flieger Automatic and Flieger Original.

So, we are now at 2016. That means next year is 2017, which is STOWA's 90th anniversary. We should have an anniversary limited edition.

• 2017, Stowa present 90th anniversary limited edition of ........?

So for those who are keen, we better start budgeting now, just in case that you love the offering.

Also, what you want for 90 anniversary?

#156 ·
Hello everybody,

thanks for all the comments.

The range is very wide. ,)

I completely understand all of them.

For somebody the speed is to much - but please think about - the limited Editions are very sensibel chosed:

I try to do different models and i try to make it realy special : 90 pieces of each different Flieger watch gives everybody the chance to get his favorite dial AND size.

Here are some details about the limited Flieger watches.

Like we talked a few days ago we will use a special superluminova color called old Radium.

Here are the pics of the powder to mix the color next to some original dials from the 40th and the original STOWA Pilots watch ;)

bye for now

Jörg Schauer

The last one shows the illuminating color how it shines in the night.

Attachments

#165 ·
Just confirming I also received confirmation. Sorry Hidden, don't mean to poke the bear ;)

I have requested a standard Marine 40mm crown in place of the onion, though the onion certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker. When the time comes to choose, it'll be no date for me. Though I haven't yet decided on case finish. Polished would suit my love of mesh bracelets for such watches, so maybe my mind is made up.

#174 · (Edited)
I'm going for polished, no date. Will contrast a bit with the brushed, with date case/dial of my blue flieger.

The only issue is that it will be the same as my one-of-kind MA with sterile silver dial. Which to keep? Probably won't be both.

Edit: Well, maybe it will... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#167 ·
Now that Jörg has said there may be 4 configurations, it makes the choice more difficult for the MABLE.

I guess it won't be the onion crown that is offered with the polished case.
I love the brushed case of my silver MA but I also think the MABLE will look good with the polished case and a light brown croco strap.

#188 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

here is a new concept picture with the date on the dial (i will definetly will do for a part of the 250 watches)

I have not decided if i should put on 3 or 6 o´clock Position.

I think it is very attractive to keep the original 3 o´clock Position and to use the original discs - it makes the watch more authentic.
(and it will be a bit away from the 6 o ´clock Position we normally do ;))

I am still thinking ,)

Decoration of the movement:
It will be definitely not decorated with Code Geneve or something like that.

Maybe we put blue screws in it - this can be a option, but still this i will think about if it looks good or not.
(of course this will be a idea we test because the color blue is the idea of the watch ;))

Pforzheim and Durowe did very good movements, but never high decorated - i will keep this.

A swiss decorated movement will be not authenic for this kind of movement.

AND: To decorate this movements will have two big problems:

1 - the price will be much higher for this watch

2 - but for me the same important has the fact: To loose the movements in this working process will be a desaster and this sometimes happen.
One small mistake during the complete decoration process will destroy 250 very worthful movements.
(it is not possible to reproduce parts of this movement and my stock of repairpavts is very bog, but if a bridge is destroyed it is impossible to reproduce for a payable price)

This risk is to high!

I feel that the basic decoration of the former DUROWE times belongs more to this movement.

It looks basic but not raw.

Bye for now

Jörg Schauer

Attachments

#211 ·
Hello everybody,

Decoration of the movement:
It will be definitely not decorated with Code Geneve or something like that.

Maybe we put blue screws in it - this can be a option, but still this i will think about if it looks good or not.
(of course this will be a idea we test because the color blue is the idea of the watch ;))

Pforzheim and Durowe did very good movements, but never high decorated - i will keep this.

A swiss decorated movement will be not authenic for this kind of movement.

AND: To decorate this movements will have two big problems:

1 - the price will be much higher for this watch

2 - but for me the same important has the fact: To loose the movements in this working process will be a desaster and this sometimes happen.
One small mistake during the complete decoration process will destroy 250 very worthful movements.
(it is not possible to reproduce parts of this movement and my stock of repairpavts is very bog, but if a bridge is destroyed it is impossible to reproduce for a payable price)

This risk is to high!

I feel that the basic decoration of the former DUROWE times belongs more to this movement.

It looks basic but not raw.

Bye for now

Jörg Schauer
What about a special, commemorative engraving on a solid caseback? Given your tremendous talent (and that of your team) and background, I feel like you would come up with something very fitting, and depending on the intricacy of the engraving, something worth paying a premium for as well.

#189 ·
Hi Jorg--

Thank you for the update. The date at 3 o'clock looks pretty good, but the no-date dial is still my preference... I think. :)

I understand the desire to minimize risk at this price point. Would this mean that custom rotor engraving is also off the table, or is that low/no risk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.