STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 53
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Since 40mm fits almost all 6.25 wrists I can't share your views.
    Well, I would disagree and say that the lug 2 lug size is what would determine the fit, personal aesthetic preferences aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    Thanks! I actually measured my largest watch (39mm, 48mm L2L - 1997 Submariner) and it's my opinion that that's the largest my wrist can handle. I just actually sold a 40mm Nomos Tangomat GMT because the L2L size of 50mm was way too large for my wrist (As was the expansive white dial).

I'm surprised that the 36 that was pictured in the @stowawatches instagram feed looked that big on what supposedly is a 6.8 Inch wrist ��

The distance lug to lug of the flieger 40 is 48.6mm. The dial opening can make it look bigger though.

For the picture on Instagram, I guess it's from the angle. The blue marine automatic posted right before doesn't look bigger.

If you are not used to it try to take a few wrist shots, the result can be surprising in term of size.
    TheOneInYellow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fikk View Post
    The distance lug to lug of the flieger 40 is 48.6mm. The dial opening can make it look bigger though.

For the picture on Instagram, I guess it's from the angle. The blue marine automatic posted right before doesn't look bigger.

If you are not used to it try to take a few wrist shots, the result can be surprising in term of size.
    Thanks the help, Fikk.

The more I look at that shot, the more I think it's the 40mm and not the 36. The reason is, the MABLE (As you point out) before looks to be the same size (40mm) and then, a few posts later, they posted the Chrono Flieger (41mm) and it looks just a tad bigger - if it were the 36 it would be much smaller, right?

Very torn with this, and having this shipped all the way to Dubai and then not being happy with it, would be a nightmare to ship back…

Judging by the 36mm, I presume it wears larger than -say- a 36mm Datejust, but the dimensions are pretty close to a DJ… Definitively wouldn't want a Datejust sized Flieger either. I know, picky picky… I currently have a Maratac Mid (39mm, 48mm lug to lug) and it wears perfect though…

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    Thanks the help, Fikk.

The more I look at that shot, the more I think it's the 40mm and not the 36. The reason is, the MABLE (As you point out) before looks to be the same size (40mm) and then, a few posts later, they posted the Chrono Flieger (41mm) and it looks just a tad bigger - if it were the 36 it would be much smaller, right?

Very torn with this, and having this shipped all the way to Dubai and then not being happy with it, would be a nightmare to ship back…

Judging by the 36mm, I presume it wears larger than -say- a 36mm Datejust, but the dimensions are pretty close to a DJ… Definitively wouldn't want a Datejust sized Flieger either. I know, picky picky… I currently have a Maratac Mid (39mm, 48mm lug to lug) and it wears perfect though…
    The picture they posted is a 36mm, the surefire way to tell is it's missing the white ring around the minute markers like on the 40mm watches (and also the smaller rivets on the strap). I think that's combined with a proportionally smaller bezel to give it a larger appearance. Since the dial sizes seem very close I think they will wear similar in reality - though they still have the 36 left if you think 40 is too big ;)

To add onto my last post, I think the best comparison is on the video they posted about 3 weeks ago. On the top left right in the beginning is the 36 and right below it I believe is a 41 (with small seconds) -- even right next to each other they still look similar to my eye.

You should trust your instinct as to whether or not it will fit your wrist. But just to offer more perspective, I am a 6.75 wrist and not a fan of large watches, I always thought the 40mm flieger would be enormous, but it is perfect. It wears surprisingly small on the wrist, I think black faces tend to wear a lot smaller than pale faces watches. I have 36mm white-faced watches that look just as big on my wrist as the 40mm flieger. Don't just look at the number, colour and light create illusion.
    Dooberfloober likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I'm disappointed too and can only hope that Jorg will reconsider and delay the shipping of these watches until the hands are re-done. Yes, there will be a cost in time but, in the end, the watches will be beautiful and Stowa will have upheld its reputation for high quality, customer service, and attention to detail. As Will Rogers said, 'It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute.'
    I ordered a 36mm handwind. Initially it said delivery starting May 2017 but I recently checked and it says June 2017 now -- perhaps they have delayed it to try to fix this issue.

Hi guys; could you please share your opinions about the date discs in the following two pictures...

So the second one is more recent to the first one; and if i am not wrong; the numbers on the date disc of the second one are thicker somehow? Maybe thickerred by hand? And it seems also a bit yellowed cause looks like to match the rest of the dial better than in the first pict..

Or is is only the distance between the watch and the camera? Or maybe incoming angle of the light? So what do you really think?..
    TheOneInYellow likes this.

Hi guys; could you please share your opinions about the date discs in the following two pictures...

So the second one is more recent to the first one; and if i am not wrong; the numbers on the date disc of the second one are thicker somehow? Maybe thickerred by hand? And it seems also a bit yellowed cause looks like to match the rest of the dial better than in the first pict..

Or is is only the distance between the watch and the camera? Or maybe incoming angle of the light? So what do you really think?..
    Dooberfloober likes this.

I think because of the shadow makes 2nd pic look slightly darker shade

Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information