STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 55
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    If the lume is as strong as C3, I might be on board as well. This is the only thing that is holding me back from getting Anniversary.

Btw, those photos are top-class! Thanks for sharing
    I remember reading somewhere that the old radium lume is not as bright as C3. BUT I think it is said to have a relatively long illumination.
    I personally never saw the point in having a torch on my wrist. I just want to read the time in the dark.
    B.
    TheOneInYellow likes this.

Great pics, B. Thanks for sharing!

I haven't received the notification email you mentioned, even though I have an anniversary flieger on order ... will have to check with Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetinari67 View Post
    I haven't received the notification email you mentioned, even though I have an anniversary flieger on order ... will have to check with Sandra.
    same here but this thread makes up for it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The flieger editions look beautiful. The 40mm handwinder is going to be a special piece I think. Also like the way the anniversary edition information has been applied on the back, very understated and elegant. The whole project appears to have been executed with an eye to sincere design rather than novelty. Very well done.
    SaoDavi, B.... and TheOneInYellow like this.

I wish to make one more point about the opportunity available at this time. I spent a BUNCH of time thinking about the Flieger 40 vs Flieger 36 anniversary watches. I love me a 40mm watch. BUT I want THIS 90th anniv. investment to be valid into my old age (not far off ) because it is so special. The time is here when a smaller watch is more practical FOR ME. History, tradition, German reputation in design & craftsmanship, & CS all in one exquisite package.

I suspect there are many of us that are reluctant to buy a 36mm watch. Understood. I was there too. Keep in mind that the Stowa Flieger 36 wears a whole lot larger than most due to the narrow bezel & a dial that isn't very much smaller than the 40mm dial. The absence of the outer ring that connects the minute markers on the 40mm, helps to open / free up the aesthetics of the dial on the 36. As a bonus, the hand winding watch is only 9.2mm in case height, which makes it more versatile in my view. Put a gator or shell cordovan strap on it & you now have a more than acceptable dress watch. Sink the spring bars into the some thick buckskin & you can go lookin' for trouble in a fighter plane.
    If you have the means & REAL desire for a Flieger 90th anniv. LE , there aren't many 36mm handwinding remaining. It's a substantial decision but it ain't comin' back.
    B.
    Last edited by B....; May 6th, 2017 at 05:41. Reason: Clarify case height dimension for H.W.only
    hidden830726 and Rosenbloom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flappylove View Post
    The flieger editions look beautiful. The 40mm handwinder is going to be a special piece I think. Also like the way the anniversary edition information has been applied on the back, very understated and elegant. The whole project appears to have been executed with an eye to sincere design rather than novelty. Very well done.
    That's how I feel. I was lucky enough to get a spot while on the waiting list. Heike was great with setting up the actual order confirmation. And the way I see it, it's about $1050 shipped to the U.S., which is already a great value, and they barely drop at all in value either. Well worth it and really can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrock View Post
    ....... it's about $1050 shipped to the U.S., which is already a great value,.......
    Add another 1/2 of that for "the privilege" of living in Canada right now......+13% + another 5%.
    B.
    frankcastle914 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B.... View Post
    Add another 1/2 of that for "the privilege" of living in Canada right now......+13% + another 5%.
    B.
    Oh yeah, I know Canadians get hosed on importing basically anything thats not purchased in Canada. Apologies :(

Quote Originally Posted by happyrock View Post
    Oh yeah, I know Canadians get hosed on importing basically anything thats not purchased in Canada. Apologies :(
    Yeah, fur sure eh! ....I call tell you're distraught with empathy
    B.

I've ordered a Flieger Klassik 36 Automatic 90th anniversary (no logo, no date) and got my birth year as the serial number. Cannot wait until it gets here!
    Very excited for my first Stowa
    Horoticus and B.... like this.

Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information