STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 58
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Not sure if the Flieger with small seconds in 41mm has sold out, but i was thinking that it could be quite a special watch if you ordered it with the new durowe movement. 90th anniversary plus "in house" movement.
    Unfortunately, the small second flieger doesn't really it for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----
    Instagam: @i_am_khong

Quote Originally Posted by exxondus View Post
    Its here! My type A beside my type B pilots!!
    Looks fantastic! I'm a big fan of the lume on these, difference in color be damned. Can't wait to get mine.
    Horoticus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulspawn View Post
    New box is a looker! Big improvement on the old metallic ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this a new box or just a limited edition box?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dooberfloober View Post
    Is this a new box or just a limited edition box?
    I believe this box is for 90th anniv. LE only. I think I'll be looking for a single watch zippered pouch for mine. I've seen some that are quite well made & practical.
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenbloom View Post
    And the fact that the wooden box is made of composite wood-fibre board rather than solid wood disappoints me further.
    I have to agree, I would have expected something a bit special for the 90th anniversary models. Although I rarely make use of the manufacturer's boxes this one does look rather cheap.

Congrats to your purchase! Enjoy!

I am afraid these 90th anniversary editions just do not work on me. The lume colors are not right in my eyes. And the fact that the wooden box is made of composite wood-fibre board rather than solid wood disappoints me further.

I think I made a correct decision to cancel my order and bought instead a serial Flieger from Stowa last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by logan2z View Post
    I have to agree, I would have expected something a bit special for the 90th anniversary models. Although I rarely make use of the manufacturer's boxes this one does look rather cheap.
    To each his own for sure, but I kinda like the box. Perhaps it has a lower carbon footprint, or is the product of a zero-waste process or something. My boxes just go into ziplock bags and live on a shelf anyway, so it hardly matters. But it would be good to know the full story on the new ones.

Your new flieger is beautiful exxondus! Congratulations.

Myron

Congrats to your purchase! Enjoy!

I am afraid these 90th anniversary editions just do not work on me. The lume colors are not right in my eyes. And the fact that the wooden box is made of composite wood-fibre board rather than solid wood disappoints me further.

I think I made a correct decision to cancel my order and bought instead a serial Flieger from Stowa last month.
    Take a look at the picture of the IWC Pilot's Watch Mark XVIII Top Gun Miramar posted few posts above. The color of the hands does not match the color of the second and minute markers. A watch that is several thousand $ more expensive than a Stowa Flieger!

...and in comparison to the 90th LE Flieger the regular one does not have superluminova applied on the second markers.

My choice is the 90th LE, by a mile!

Some pictures for the doubters...

Name:  fullsizeoutput_fdd.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  1.31 MB
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_fda.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  2.29 MB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_fdb.jpeg
Views: 643
Size:  698.4 KB

I didn't know what to expect after the months of chatter, but lifting the lid was a very welcome surprise. Anyone still doubting the special edition should see it in the flesh before forming a firm opinion. It is beautiful, the colour has a warmth to it, with a real sepia richness. Makes the 'normal' lume look a bit stark and modern in comparison. And the long argued contrast between hands and numbers, well it just looks right. It could be the perfect flieger configuration, to me at least. For reference it is the handwinder and the special edition markings are beautifully subtle on the back. Funny comments about the box, its a box? It holds the watch.
    After months of doubt, Jorg has pulled the rabbit from the hat, a great job.
    Last edited by flappylove; May 17th, 2017 at 22:12.

I received my 40mm Flieger handwinder also and it looks much like the one above. I'm a big fan of Stowa but have to say I wish the color of the hands matched that of the dial (I would even pay extra to make it so). Other than the mismatch (which was intended by Jorg or not) the watch is impeccable. Fit and finish are stellar, the hands are perfectly aligned (less common than many realize), and it gains a few seconds a day -- perfect really. I just don't quite understand the color mismatch. It's not a deal killer (I very much like the watch and have no regrets) but I wish it were different. My guess is that Jorg subbed the hands to a manufacturer who didn't also paint the dial -- but I have no evidence or idea why it is how it is. I say all of this with complete respect for Jorg and Stowa. This Flieger is every bit as nice as my IWC Mark XVI and other fine watches -- incredible really for the price. The box is fine, a non-issue, as I find ultra expensive, oversized wooden boxes unnecessary and even a bit pretentious.
    Last edited by JohnM; May 18th, 2017 at 00:16.

Rolling eyes Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by 41929514
    Some pictures for the doubters...

Name:  fullsizeoutput_fdd.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  1.31 MB
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_fda.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  2.29 MB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_fdb.jpeg
Views: 643
Size:  698.4 KB

I didn't know what to expect after the months of chatter, but lifting the lid was a very welcome surprise. Anyone still doubting the special edition should see it in the flesh before forming a firm opinion. It is beautiful, the colour has a warmth to it, with a real sepia richness. Makes the 'normal' lume look a bit stark and modern in comparison. And the long argued contrast between hands and numbers, well it just looks right. It could be the perfect flieger configuration, to me at least. For reference it is the handwinder and the special edition markings are beautifully subtle on the back. Funny comments about the box, its a box? It holds the watch.
    After months of doubt, Jorg has pulled the rabbit from the hat, a great job.
    Congrats! I still think for the premium they charge for the limited version, the box could be of a higher quality or detailed more specially for LE. This one does not look any different to casio's boxes for 150$ watches. Regarding the lume color difference – I don't appreciate it, but the dial is still way more interesting than a usual flieger, IMO. Is there a chance I can get a picture of the back and a wrist shot (in the daylight if possible)?

Also, does anybody have info on the beginning of the shipments of 40mm automatic versions? I really don't wanna bother Sandra as I've changed my order 4 or 5 times and wrote a ton of emails to her

Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information