WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

214K views 898 replies 151 participants last post by  jam karet 
#1 ·
Ok, i love my Stowa, as usual, i was presenting Stowa watches to my friend and i am showing him Stowa history via the wikipedia. Then i realised that in year:

• 1997, Stowa present 70th anniversary limited Fliegeruhr ("Pilot Watch") with Unitas 6300 N
  • 2007, Stowa present 80th anniversary limited edition of Flieger Automatic and Flieger Original.

So, we are now at 2016. That means next year is 2017, which is STOWA's 90th anniversary. We should have an anniversary limited edition.

• 2017, Stowa present 90th anniversary limited edition of ........?

So for those who are keen, we better start budgeting now, just in case that you love the offering.

Also, what you want for 90 anniversary?

#191 · (Edited)
No, they will not look fantastic, they will look like being completely out of place. Foreign budy in an environment it does not belong. Blue screws without decoration around them makes looking them lost. It needs a "package".

Here's an example of what a "package" mean to me, more or less: Highly decorated Durowe auto; 7528 as you can see. Now imagine the screws being blued. Pic btw taken 2009 in Basel.

#194 · (Edited)
"Decoration of the movement:
It will be definitely not decorated with Code Geneve or something like that.

Maybe we put blue screws in it - this can be a option, but still this i will think about if it looks good or not.
(of course this will be a idea we test because the color blue is the idea of the watch ;))

Pforzheim and Durowe did very good movements, but never high decorated - i will keep this.

A swiss decorated movement will be not authenic for this kind of movement."

I agree with Jorg on this. I also wouldn't be apposed to a solid case back. It might be better suited to this watch since is sort of retro piece. Date window? Either with or without for me. They both look good.

#199 ·
I put in my order and said no date. Now that I've seen the date, I may go for the date instead. The original Durowe date wheel is very cool and unique. Gives the watch a retro look and separates it even more from its regular MA counterparts. I'm ok with the three o'clock position and no decoration on the Durowe -- authenticity over optimal looks when it comes to a 40 year old movement.

#200 · (Edited)
The idea was to celebrate Pforzheim's 250th, not Durowe's. The use of the Durowe movement is just part of the package.

The MABLE looks sensational. Putting an undecorated movement with a clear caseback will make the watch seem half baked. I hope you don't see the solid caseback as a compromise, because it really isn't.

#201 · (Edited)
How can date at 3 of clock look nice? Let say its 25th of the month and u see 1, 2, then instead of 3, it show 25? How the hack that is nice? Hahahaha weird.

Everyone probably have their view on date, I don't really care where it place, as long as a no date version available.

Also agreed above, a solid caseback for a celebrated movement like this is wasted. Let jorg de idea what to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#202 ·
I like this date window at 3 o'clock a lot -

Between the font on the date wheel and the position at 3 you've got a clear signal right on the front that this watch houses a less familiar movement, and I think it looks very tasteful...

It seems there's a few people here that are worried about the date window being added - why worry about it? If you don't like date windows, Jörg said it would be an option - not the ONLY option...just order no date if that's what you prefer?

#210 ·
I think blued screws will look perfect on a blue MABLE. I am so glad I bought the MOBLE. I admire how the 6498 movement fills the entire watch and how beautifully decorated it is. Also the watch is so small for such a big, pocket watch movement. I like the MABLE too, but I all the differences are in its disadvantage.

#212 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

it is going to be more clear after your comments ,)

I have decided to add a solid casebake with a special engraving !

This will be IN ADDITION ! - without changing the existing price point ,)
(i remember discussions with Mr.Hartmut Esslinger he says: "Try to give the people always more than they ask for or what they expect "

Everybody can choose later if he wants to have the solid casebook on the watch or beside the watch !

And i also will write again: "It will come a non date version and a date version - and it seems that the date on 3 o-clock will work pretty good ,)"

So , please wait a bit till i have drawn and have done a nice solid casebake for the MABLE.

And if we do the blue screws i am not sure yet.

I think to have it pure is good.

I don´t like the completely engraved Durowe movement - this looks in my eyes overpowered and overdecorated - but this is only my own personal taste. ;)

I have done by myself 20 years ago in some Digital 1 watches from my Schauer brand - today i don´t know if i would do again- maybe it depens the complete concept of the watch !

bye for now

If you are interested the weather in Engelsbrand, please just have a look at the actual livestream from Engelsbrand ;)
http://livestream.com/stowa/events/6938221

(it is just another try of the technic we will use in the future to stream our live action from the manufacture, building and steps of production your STOWA watches ,)- so the STOWA banner in front of the sky is just to give us a test of the used technic and how strong it is ,))

bye for now

Jörg Schauer

#220 ·
I'm admitting right now that I'm not knowledgable about this (which is why I'm asking!) so maybe I'm wrong -

If using these date wheels, wouldn't the date window have to be at 3 because of the orientation of the numbers on the wheel?

Unless new date wheels were made, the date would be on it's side if the window were at 6 - is this not correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.