STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 60
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 60 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by flappylove View Post
    I actually think the distinction between the two colours is quite strong, they are more different than I had expected them to be, ........., I would say the numbers are distinctly yellow and the hands orange.
    It may be a bit difficult to get accurate "life like" colours from most posted photos but since you have the watch in front of you, is this about as accurate as we've seen so far? ( a pic from awhile ago). I REALLY like this dial!
    B.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.28.44 AM.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  294.8 KB
    green_pea and TheOneInYellow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by B.... View Post
    It may be a bit difficult to get accurate "life like" colours from most posted photos but since you have the watch in front of you, is this about as accurate as we've seen so far? ( a pic from awhile ago). I REALLY like this dial!
    B.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.28.44 AM.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  294.8 KB
    This image makes the colours look brighter than they are in the flesh. There is actually more depth to the colour than this image suggests. And to my eyes the contrast between hands and numbers is slightly greater than in the image. Do you have a special edition on order? If you are open minded about the contrast then you are going to love this watch, anyone that doesn't like the idea of the colour contrast is just not going to appreciate it. I started this process with some trepidation for the colour disparity but it actually makes the watch more interesting, and it is incredibly good looking.
    Unfortunately I am really poor at photographing watches, hopefully someone with some skill in this area will be getting one of these special editions and they can be shown off in all their glory.
    Last edited by flappylove; May 18th, 2017 at 23:51.

Banned

Hmmm. Lume looks a bit splotchy to me. But maybe my Ikarus would look the same in such a closeup shot. The difference in shades between hands and numbers doesn't bug me. Although matching them shouldn't have been a big deal; Damasko has a few models (DB limited editions for Timeless Luxury) with a similar color lume that is matched on hands and numbers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flappylove View Post
    This image makes the colours look brighter than they are in the flesh. There is actually more depth to the colour than this image suggests. And to my eyes the contrast between hands and numbers is slightly greater than in the image. Do you have a special edition on order? If you are open minded about the contrast then you are going to love this watch, anyone that doesn't like the idea of the colour contrast is just not going to appreciate it. I started this process with some trepidation for the colour disparity but it actually makes the watch more interesting, and it is incredibly good looking.
    Unfortunately I am really poor at photographing watches, hopefully someone with some skill in this area will be getting one of these special editions and they can be shown off in all their glory.
    Yes I have a handwinding 36 coming. I was in quite early. I had the choice of either a 40 or a 36 at that time. I have been very forthcoming on my opinion of the colouring of the 90th anniv.LE Flieger dials starting back about post P47 / #466. In my opinion it's exquisite.
    I will be looking at that dial many times a day for many years & it's "comforting warmth" appeals to me far more than the "cool sterility" of the serial version. The watch just seems far more interesting to me, not to mention it's vintage significance. My father & mother were both in the Canadian airforce so the said significance applies to my being born on an airbase as well. I will even have my birth year as serial number on my Flieger. I have a high respect for the German fliers (& all fliers for that matter), who are hereby honoured. I just hope the watch keeps time.
    B.

Edit: As of right now there are only 3 handwinding 36mm Fliegers remaining for claim. The last of both sizes of the Klassik A dial hand winders.
    Last edited by B....; May 19th, 2017 at 06:44. Reason: Add

dhtjr, I agree the lume is a little splotchy -- same on mine. Must be hard to do. Have to admit it's better (though not as thick) on my IWC Mark XVI, which is three times as expensive. Still love the Stowa LE -- the warm tones are growing on me

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    dhtjr, I agree the lume is a little splotchy -- same on mine. Must be hard to do. Have to admit it's better (though not as thick) on my IWC Mark XVI, which is three times as expensive. Still love the Stowa LE -- the warm tones are growing on me
    Lies! ...Unless you show us some photos too? ;)
    Vetinari67 and soaking.fused like this.

Banned

Well, I suppose an argument can be made that the splotchy lume looks even more genuinely vintage than perfectly applied parchment lume. Anyway, a good looking watch. I love Stowa.
    JohnM likes this.

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

I actually perused posts back to the end of Dec, but I could find no pictures and replies showing your XVI?? I did see a post complimenting the look of the XVI in Dec of last year.

Would love to see pics of your new Stowa and your XVI! Great pair and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    Lies! ...Unless you show us some photos too? ;)

OK, here is a photo of my 40mm Stowa Flieger Auto, 40mm Stowa Flieger handwinder, and 39mm IWC Mark XVI -- love em all.

Here's another, similar photo with slightly different lighting:

Last edited by JohnM; May 19th, 2017 at 21:36.

Page 60 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information