WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

214K views 898 replies 151 participants last post by  jam karet 
#1 ·
Ok, i love my Stowa, as usual, i was presenting Stowa watches to my friend and i am showing him Stowa history via the wikipedia. Then i realised that in year:

• 1997, Stowa present 70th anniversary limited Fliegeruhr ("Pilot Watch") with Unitas 6300 N
  • 2007, Stowa present 80th anniversary limited edition of Flieger Automatic and Flieger Original.

So, we are now at 2016. That means next year is 2017, which is STOWA's 90th anniversary. We should have an anniversary limited edition.

• 2017, Stowa present 90th anniversary limited edition of ........?

So for those who are keen, we better start budgeting now, just in case that you love the offering.

Also, what you want for 90 anniversary?

#263 ·
I hope Sandra is given a big glass of brandy tonight. I think today must have been stressful, I alone sent her five questions, she must have been barraged with emails. I'm very impressed that I was getting same-day replies, given the amount of new models/orders/questions they've had to field today. Another tick for Stowa's personal service

#264 ·
I'm a little unclear, do all the limited editions come only with solid engraved caseback? Or do we have the option of see-through caseback/solid caseback? I'm also debating if I need another flieger. I got a Type B last year...wish I had waited for these ones with the radium! Thinking about getting a standard flieger...but must have see-through caseback for me. I'm assuming all versions of flieger have the radium dial?

#268 · (Edited)
I'm glad Sandra was helpful to you all, not so much for me.

I asked if the 12 marker on the 40mm will be like the sample image or like the standard 40mm, as it's usually really squished on the 40mm and in the sample pic it looks really nice.

"You will find further information about the 12 o’clock marker in our online - shop. "

Oh.

She must be very busy. I guess the Archimede Bronze is still top of list for vintage style flieger.

#269 ·
Sent them an email. If it's see-through caseback, I'm placing an order for 40mm handwind flieger to accompany my type b :)

#272 ·
Personal preference. I already have enough automatic watches. For no particular reason, I want my pilot watches and any future dress watches to be hand wind only. It just feels "right" to me.

Reactions: SaoDavi
#273 ·
Thanks Mike and Zinzan. I'm glad it can quick set the date. Kinda surprised it's not hackable though. Can the stem be "leaned on" to make the minute hand stall? I can do that on certain handwound movements sometimes, although I suspect it's not good for the watch. I dunno, actually I am less picky about exact time setting and keeping these days anyway because time is all relative isn't it? ;-)

Ordered #121 this morning. Nice piece to look forward to this year.

@hidden, I agree, the Radium Fliegers are so darned tempting. I'm eyeing the handwound 6498 version or one of the chronos.

#275 ·
Wait. I think the solid caseback as jorg said is for the MABLE. It will not be feasible to have it on all flieger LE too.

When jorg replied, we are in the discussion on whether adding blue screw to the Durowe.

From my understanding, all LE flieger will be radium dial, engraving on number. The rest is based on the model itself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#276 ·
^Ahhh, I see. Sorry to add to the confusion. I'm torn between 36mm and 40mm. I already have 40mm Flieger B, maybe I will get the 36mm in type A for my skinny wrists

#280 ·
Agreed, it is not logical and not necessary on the fliegers. Not really a fan of novelty engraved casebacks anyway. So long as the caseback on the fliegers is crystal/clear it is all good. Who knows! I like how the drip-feed of information from Stowa creates a little excitement and pandemonium in the Stowa fraternity :)

#281 ·
Not that I don't like the anniversary watches ( I am even contemplating buying one), but I actually hoped for something more extraordinary and special. Just one watch (not 10) with new case, dial, bracelet(strap), something interesting in materials, design or both. I can't understand the Durowe movement incentive. Is it better than an ETA top? I think Jorg should have chosen a different color for the MA giving me and other owners of MOBLE a reason to buy this one too. I imagined one watch in 90 numbers and at a much higher price point. I imagined more imagination.

#282 ·
Exactly what I thought as well.

Quote from my post one week ago
I would have expected something more unique. Something worth to commemorate a 90th anniversary, something new, something smashing, breath taking rather than modifications of the already existing. Something like this

or that

Something which is also a reminiscene to the watchmaking tradition in and around Pforzheim. Something showing us the achievements of 90 years of watchmaking rather than (just) face lifts.

imho
First world problem, I know.
So I decided not to (pre)order any of the 90th anniversary watches.

#283 · (Edited)
Confirmed that the fliegers have see-through caseback. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm torn...this is literally the perfect pilot watch I've always been looking for. (40mm or less, see-through caseback, manual wind, vintage lume). I couldn't find this perfect combination for years, so I "settled" for the Stowa Type B last year. Now this comes along, but I'm not sure if I can justify getting a watch so similar...then again, it is my birthday coming up...

I really like the Top Gun Miramar 41mm, but automatic and solid caseback...

Reactions: Zinzan
#291 ·
It certainly did for me. I just bought an SMP since the FO didn't make an appearance.

Maybe next year, we'll see only the FO in 3 Limited Edition flavors: black, old radium, and blue. I'd love to be discussing the FOKLE, FORLE, & FOBLE this time next year.

Besides, I need some time to save up.

#289 ·
I was just wondering, would the flieger klassik 36mm handwind be decorated in a similar manner to the flieger klassik 41mm handwind?

I understand that they are different movements as the 36mm uses an ETA movement but would the "Stowa" still be inscribed with blue screws in a fashion similar to the image posted 3 posts above?

#293 · (Edited)
I will buy Stowa flieger only if 6498 central seconds is available. Nothing less. Even if I have to wait for the 100th anniversary :)

PS: I also do not like how Stowa limited watches are getting out of hand. They are starting to resemble Panerai in that respect. Too many I think. Plus the numbers are getting ever higher. The blue Flieger was 100 pieces, the blue MO - 200, and now the blue MA is 250. Seriously Stowa?

#295 ·
I agreed on most of it but bear in mind stowa customer base probably grow over the years. They should have stick it to maybe 200. Since I remember last time LE used to be sold out easily. It may be the economy but I prefer a more thoughtful LE who sold out.

And I urge if possible pls stop the "I want FO bandwagon" or "i will buy if its FO" in this thread. Given chance I would want it too. But for now, please refer to watchrecon and pray. Luck is quite important, cause you will never know when it will appear at for sale or advencalendar or stowa raffles.

Lets focus on the announced LE. Just wait for pysical watch picture.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.