STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 85
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    To their defense: did you see the thread about the good Stowa people at W&W in NYC?
    Yes, thank you for the reminder. I did see that and you're perfectly right of course. They're a small company and no doubt spread thin when these two events coincide.
    MHe225 likes this.

understand their circumstances but initially told the watch would be ready in July and we are nearly in November. I'm one of only 250 customers, small fry in any customer fronting business. They would spend as much time sending me updates as they would responding to my "where is it" emails. The value of good customer service can sometimes, and only sometimes, be of greater value than the product. Fed up of being concerned about them, more concerned about me. And they've had my hard earned cash for months. Will I but another Stowa? You tell me!
    Last edited by Loubill; October 31st, 2017 at 22:30.
    hidden830726 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Loubill View Post
    understand their circumstances but initially told the watch would be ready in July and we are nearly in November. I'm one of only 250 customers, small fry in any customer fronting business. They would spend as much time sending me updates as they would responding to my "where is it" emails. The value of good customer service can sometimes, and only sometimes, be of greater value than the product. Fed up of being concerned about them, more concerned about me. And they've had my hard earned cash for months. Will I but another Stowa? You tell me!
    Yes, this is just where I am with it, too. Even making reasonable allowances for everybody being gone at the various shows this week, one of the email auto-replies I received this week (total of three of them) pointed to the other two if immediate assistance was needed. Whoops, looks like it wasn't made clear at the staff meeting who was going to be available to answer emails on behalf of whom while we were all away.

Frankly, I'd still be with the program if Stowa had said back in February when I paid that it was likely to be the end of the year. But I've been told five different times now that my watch should be ready for shipping within a week or two. This tells me that a) there is a serious quality problem with the watch and b) they don't have a handle on how to solve it or any reasonable idea of when the watches really, truly, will be ready for shipping. I feel like I've cut all the slack I can; this is just plain old bad customer service.

If and when anyone from Stowa returns my email from this week I will be canceling my order and requesting a refund.
    Loubill likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, you definitely should cancel your order. Even if the watch is magnificent, it will not be sufficient to
    overcome the angst you have endured over this. Someone else will get to enjoy the watch without having had
    such an experience, so all will be well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Yes, this is just where I am with it, too. Even making reasonable allowances for everybody being gone at the various shows this week, one of the email auto-replies I received this week (total of three of them) pointed to the other two if immediate assistance was needed. Whoops, looks like it wasn't made clear at the staff meeting who was going to be available to answer emails on behalf of whom while we were all away.

Frankly, I'd still be with the program if Stowa had said back in February when I paid that it was likely to be the end of the year. But I've been told five different times now that my watch should be ready for shipping within a week or two. This tells me that a) there is a serious quality problem with the watch and b) they don't have a handle on how to solve it or any reasonable idea of when the watches really, truly, will be ready for shipping. I feel like I've cut all the slack I can; this is just plain old bad customer service.

If and when anyone from Stowa returns my email from this week I will be canceling my order and requesting a refund.

Just imagine how long you'd have to wait for the refund! Seriously having the same thoughts, lots of great watches have been released since Feb.

I had my Flieger Black Forrest Edition 01 waited for 10 months before..
    Just get used to it, and you will be a lot happier once you have the shipment notification received from Fedex.
    hidden830726 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimemiT View Post
    Yes, you definitely should cancel your order. Even if the watch is magnificent, it will not be sufficient to
    overcome the angst you have endured over this. Someone else will get to enjoy the watch without having had
    such an experience, so all will be well in the end.
    Since I can't tell from context if you're offering this sarcastically or not, I'll assume positive intent and that you mean it sincerely. In which case, yes, I agree. So if anyone reading this wants my MABLE after I receive it, drop me a PM. :)

Since I can't tell from context if you're offering this sarcastically or not, I'll assume positive intent and that you mean it sincerely. In which case, yes, I agree. So if anyone reading this wants my MABLE after I receive it, drop me a PM. :)
    I'm going to give TimemiT the benefit of the doubt, and assume he meant it sincerely. And he's right--you've soured on the experience, great watch or not. Stowa will sell the watch, and the new owner will likely appreciate it more.

FWIW, I was one of the early pre-orders on the MABLE, and dropped out during Baselworld. After just a couple months, my interest cooled on the MABLE, and I found something else a little more to my liking. It was another Limited Edition pre-order, with a much faster delivery expected (immediately after Baselworld). I put a deposit down ASAP.

Well, it did get released immediately, but in very small quantities. Next wave of production releases was only 5 or 6 weeks later, but I was not on that short-list, either. Then nothing for several months.

I just received the watch today. So s--t does happen, not just with Stowa.

BTW, I doubt you'll have a long wait for the refund.

-Z
    Last edited by Zinzan; November 2nd, 2017 at 07:12. Reason: got bleeped
    hidden830726 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hahaha3111 View Post
    I had my Flieger Black Forrest Edition 01 waited for 10 months before..
    Just get used to it, and you will be a lot happier once you have the shipment notification received from Fedex.
    Haha. Same buddy. Longest wait...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Loubill View Post
    Just imagine how long you'd have to wait for the refund! Seriously having the same thoughts, lots of great watches have been released since Feb.
    To your surprise. Refund usually pretty quick. Done that before

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Thread Information