STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 86
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    I'm going to give TimemiT the benefit of the doubt, and assume he meant it sincerely. And he's right--you've soured on the experience, great watch or not. Stowa will sell the watch, and the new owner will likely appreciate it more.

FWIW, I was one of the early pre-orders on the MABLE, and dropped out during Baselworld. After just a couple months, my interest cooled on the MABLE, and I found something else a little more to my liking. It was another Limited Edition pre-order, with a much faster delivery expected (immediately after Baselworld). I put a deposit down ASAP.

Well, it did get released immediately, but in very small quantities. Next wave of production releases was only 5 or 6 weeks later, but I was not on that short-list, either. Then nothing for several months.

I just received the watch today. So .... does happen, not just with Stowa.

BTW, I doubt you'll have a long wait for the refund.

-Z
    Thanks, Zinzan. Yes, as I've posted elsewhere in this lengthy thread, it's not the length of the wait itself, as I've waited years for pre-ordered watches before too (four years is my max). Rather, it's being told by Stowa on numerous occasions that "We're sorry for the delay but the good news is your watch is almost done and will be ready for shipping either this week or next week." The first three times I bought it. By the fourth time I was skeptical, and by the fifth time I was told this I thought, "I'll believe it when I see it." And sure enough, we are now into the third week of that fifth two-weeks-max cycle.

So will Mable really be worth this wait? Will I open the package and be so blown away that the wait will have been worth it. I've pulled the internet apart looking for the odd photo that might get my heart rate up, don't think I've found it yet. Is this a case of the Emperors new clothes or is it really that good?

We can’t tell you how you’ll feel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really liked mine. It just got caught in the crosshairs of downsizing.

Last edited by hahaha3111; November 2nd, 2017 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Thanks, Zinzan. Yes, as I've posted elsewhere in this lengthy thread, it's not the length of the wait itself, as I've waited years for pre-ordered watches before too (four years is my max). Rather, it's being told by Stowa on numerous occasions that "We're sorry for the delay but the good news is your watch is almost done and will be ready for shipping either this week or next week." The first three times I bought it. By the fourth time I was skeptical, and by the fifth time I was told this I thought, "I'll believe it when I see it." And sure enough, we are now into the third week of that fifth two-weeks-max cycle.
    Just to follow up here, Stowa got back in touch today to say that my watch will be ready for shipping next week (Week of November 6, presumably).
    Last edited by Myron; November 2nd, 2017 at 19:48.
    Kind Regards,

Myron

omeglycine--Nice mesh strap. I assume that isn't the strap that came with the watch. Whose strap is it?

Quote Originally Posted by CHJ001 View Post
    omeglycine--Nice mesh strap. I assume that isn't the strap that came with the watch. Whose strap is it?
    Thanks! It's Stowa's. I paid the difference between the leather and Milanese straps. I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I am a bracelet guy and enjoy mesh as well. Recently sold my Club Automat Datum that I also wore on mesh, and am now meshless. I need to rectify this situation.

German watches like Stowa, Sinn, Damasko are really becoming my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Well, yet another Your-Watch-Should-Be-Ready-In-One-to-Two-Weeks Stowa promise has come and gone. I sent an inquiry to the last person to get in touch with me about it and received an out-of-office reply suggesting I contact one of two other representatives. So I did, and got an out-of-office auto-reply for that person too. I have now tried the third person, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be told that my watch will be ready for shipping in one to two weeks. :(

At this point I am seriously considering just canceling this order. I am wondering if anyone has received their MABLE recently, or if the whole project is just stuck because of the issue with the dials.

Thanks,

Myron
    Sounds like the replies I repeatedly got about the Titanium Provider bracelet. Always "should be shipping by the end of the month". I finally got it, but given its known difficulties to mount to the watch, I should have cancelled it.

Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Thread Information