STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017 - Page 88
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Re: STOWA's 90th anniversary Limited Edition-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dualmonitors View Post
    Thanks, @Fikk. I know, it's not available either on Stowa's site nor anywhere else, for that matter. Numerous searches resulted in zilch.

I also cannot tell that for the regular non-limited edition Baumuster B 40mm Flieger model, whether the left edge of the case has any engravings or not. I see that engravings are extra, but many models have left case engravings as "standard". none of the product pictures on the Flieger Baumuster B 40mm page shows that side view of the watch! they only show the manual wind movement from the back, which is great to see, but, it does not show (the detailed text below) any information if you chose the radio button for "hand wind movement" on the movement selector on that page. It's not as if when you choose hand wind movement, the details below change to be relevant to the hand winding movement!

furthermore, i had to ask specifically if the hand wind movement also has a CENTER SWEEP SECONDS hand. it doesn't say that either.

i want a: 40mm, Baumuster B, Manual Wind movement, center sweep seconds hand, no logo, no date, blued steel hands, 1mm thinner case (compared with the automatic movement's case).

oddly, no where can one find a confirmation for what i expect to be true.
    Asking the obvious here, but have you tried contacting Stowa? Folks here can speculate, but why not go straight to the source? Stowa customer service has always been extremely prompt with replies to my emails provided it's normal business hours in their time zone.

As an unorthodox thought, might there be actually advantages to the non-limited edition version of the Baumuster B Flieger?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetinari67 View Post
    Never mind - backtracked through the thread and found taurnilf's original post about a week ago. I presume this is the newsletter people are referring to, and that it was sent out about that time.

Some of the more recent posts here made me check out the "Erbstuck" or "heirloom" pieces on the Laco website (I know, not to everyone's taste).

My own Laco Munster Erbstuck (A-dial), which I am wearing as I type this, has hands and dial lume which are virtually the same colour. A couple of pics of the Leipzeig (B-dial) on the website however, show hands and dial colours which are quite different - more like the vintage pics that B. posted. Funny thing is that the different colours appear to blend together more harmoniously on the Leipzig than in the pics of the LE Fliegers - probably because the entire watch has been "aged".

What this variation on different Laco watches also suggests however is that it's not impossible to "mix-and-match" dial colours to resemble the blued hands, for those who are bothered by the colour difference. Laco hands are also blued.

Whilst I am not put off by the different colours myself (admittedly, was a little startled at first!), I can well understand the feelings of Stowaristi who are. If Stowa could make a decent go of matching the colours and at least offer this as an option, I'm sure this would go a long way to bringing the faithful back into the fold.
    i don't understand why they would simply let production move forward with the significant mismatched colors of hands versus the hour markers. the differences are not slight - they are significant and obvious.

whether it bothers a person is entirely subjective, of course, but one cannot say the differences are so slight that they are not noticeable, imho.

the vintage-colored lume is a pleasant, warm color, though it comes in multiple shades due to the mismatching.

wonder what was the thinking behind "let's move forward with the production of these pieces despite the mismatch..."?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

wonder what was the thinking behind "let's move forward with the production of these pieces despite the mismatch..."?
    i guess they are not painted by the same source; dial was being painted by stowa (maybe Jorg himself) but the hands were being painted by the hands manufacturer (i cannot remember the name of the company for now)

or a second possibility; hand were also being ''additionally painted'' after their production. But the difference between the dial surface and hands' surface made it really difficult to paint them to the same tone.

In anycase; maybe they couldnt take the risk of losing time for this difficult matching process..

6 months and counting. Very pleased with my LE Flieger 36 H.W. Thought I'd feature some leather with colour for the holiday season. Wishing you all the best for a healthy & prosperous new year.
    B.

Name:  DSC04309.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  2.91 MB

Name:  DSC04301.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  3.78 MB

EDIT: 1 more from day 1. EXQUISITE !!!
    Name:  DSC03744.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  2.77 MB
    Last edited by B....; December 15th, 2017 at 18:04.

i don't understand why they would simply let production move forward with the significant mismatched colors of hands versus the hour markers. the differences are not slight - they are significant and obvious.

whether it bothers a person is entirely subjective, of course, but one cannot say the differences are so slight that they are not noticeable, imho.

the vintage-colored lume is a pleasant, warm color, though it comes in multiple shades due to the mismatching.

Have you noticed that the majority of negative comments about the lume came from people 'anticipating' the watch, and not from the time people actually received them. The colour is a lot more harmonious and pleasurable in the flesh than it appears on a screen (or in our imaginations.)
    I think Stowa understand the value of reputation well enough not to release something they didn't believe in. I've had mine for months and love it, so much richer and warmer than the flurescent lume of my previous flieger. All i'm saying is, don't labour the point without seeing one in the flesh.
    jimmytamp and Peter Atwood like this.

Hi all, some pics of the 40 mm Flieger I received. Quite a nice piece
    Name:  C5DBBB33-481C-42A5-ACEE-935D1FE8A615.jpeg
Views: 514
Size:  1.60 MBName:  DCBE47F0-D066-4785-99BF-3F37FE3C215B.jpeg
Views: 527
Size:  1.57 MBName:  1F34AA8B-9783-4774-9997-9C0D882EAF78.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  1.72 MB

Yup the color mismatch between dial and hands is a total non issue. In fact I think it enhances the watch making the time easier to read. This is easily one of my favorite watches of the past two years!
    Horoticus and B.... like this.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Hello to you all, hope you had nice Christmas days.
    I am new to this forum but wanted to show my 90th ALE flieger with logo / no date which I received last Thursday.

unfortunate I can not post any pictures yet as a fresh memeber but could not find the rules when you can do what.
    I understand I have to post first before I get additional permissions ?

when I can I will post the pictures here.

I have read the multiple remarks about the color mismatch of the hands and the dial.

I remember reading that the colors were supposed to be as accurate as possible to the original watches from WW2.
    It seems that these WW2 watches have a similar mismatch in color so I can only concluded that Stowa stayed true to the original design so what are we complaining about ?

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Thread Information