Strange issue with Seatime

Thread: Strange issue with Seatime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange issue with Seatime

I just got my Seatime back from service in the Fatherland and noticed something strange. There seems to be a piece of gasket or o-ring caught between the crown tube and the case. At first I thought that it was a piece of rubber or debris but it won't come out. I looked up pics of how a crown tube attaches to cases and I can't get any insight on where this piece of rubber is. I am talking about between the tube that the crown screws down on and the case of the watch. I'm wondering if there is a o-ring between the crown tube when it is installed in the case and a piece of it got caught during the installation of the crown tube? Very confused and don't really want to send this watch back because of the cost involved. Any help would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by bin31z; April 13th, 2011 at 06:34.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (ST 145.022)
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (ST 176.0016) Cal. 1045 (Lemania 5100)
    Hamilton Field Mechanical
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Re: Strange issue with Seatime

The rubber material is where I circled in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by bin31z; April 13th, 2011 at 06:34.
    Marathon SAR (2006)

wow, your seatime got back with a Rolex crown. Fantastic!

BTW: I would assume that rubber thing (like you showed on the above pic)squeezed between the case and screw mount stem could be there for the purpose of water resistance. If it is evenly distributed around the stem then I would live with it. Otherwise if you only see it sticks out a tiny bit somewhere, I suggest Stowa take a look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hahahah Yea, it is not evenly distributed. It is just 1 little piece. I can push it around but it won't come out or go back in. Uggg...another trip to germany?? And for some reason, Stowa repair department has stopped answering my emails...
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear bin31z ,

first: we don´t have stopped answering, please let me now to whom you have send mail, and when. .-)

second: please send picture of the seatime , the picture you shown is a Rolex watch, not the seatime .-)

third: if there is something missed - of course we will repair without costs for you

But please help us to check the status of your described case.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Dear bin31z ,
    ...second: please send picture of the seatime , the picture you shown is a Rolex watch, not the seatime .-)
    best regards
    Jörg Schauer
    Ha ha Ha - you see Jorg, your reputation for the most excellent customer service has spread so far & wide that even Rolex owners want you to perfect every little detail on their other watches
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Hahahahah. I love this watch and have loved wearing it and would hate to have to send it back again. The reason i didn't post pics of my watch is that I don't know that I have a camera that can pick up the detail since you would need pretty good lighting and good macro setting. The rolex is only for demonstration purposes!! And Fanny did get back with me today, I apologize for being impatient. She said she would consult with you and get back to me ASAP. Thanks Jorg!
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Yet another example of why I will continue to buy watches from Stowa. An issue posted to the message board (with a picture of the wrong watch, no less) gets a personal reply directly from the owner himself.

Honestly, Stowa watches are some of the best deals out there when it comes to build quality and craftsmanship. I've never had such a well regulated watched, mine's running about +1 at the moment.
    Marathon SAR (2006)

Once again I am reminded why I love the Stowa brand so much. Onc need only browse the other vasious sub-fora of this site or other watch sites to see why. I work in the service industy and truly appreciate the speed and intensity that Jorg and Stowa attack and solve problems. I have owned many watches through the years, some of these were quickly sold due to problems or issues with the company. I like to give credit where credit is due and when I see the Stowa logo on my watch....well, bad example since I have a no logo Flieger . I feel warm and Fuzzy. Many watch companies have given me a "Go 'F yourself" feeling. Jorg will make it right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information