Strap sizes

Thread: Strap sizes

Strap sizes

I want to get a 20mm Stowa strap that doesn't taper and isn't too long.

My ideal strap is 20mm lug width, 20mm buckle width, and with a length of 115mmx75mm.

Does anyone know the buckle width and strap length for:

1. Black leatherstrap (an option with the Airman automatic)
    2. Black strap in the old style with rivets (another option with the Airman automatic)

Thanks!

Re: Strap sizes

Hi Hansch,

Quote Originally Posted by Hansch99 View Post
    1. Black leatherstrap (an option with the Airman automatic)
    As of this page, Airman straps are 20/20 mm (lug width/buckle width).

2. Black strap in the old style with rivets (another option with the Airman automatic)
    I don't have the real measures but...

Because i've a 17 cm wrist, I asked about the length of the so called "Old Style" strap's length when I ordered my Auto without logo and Mrs Schauer answered that indeed they have two sizes, for chicken-leg wrists and one for bull-neck wrists and the shorter one would be provided with mine.
    Last edited by Zoot Allures; November 23rd, 2008 at 20:48. Reason: typo
    Didier/Dieter
    Omega Constellation pie-pan (cal. 551, 1962)Stowa Flieger Baumuster A AutoSwatch SUJM704 day-date

It's good to know that the Airman straps are 20x20, and they come in a shorter length. I just placed an order for an Automatic Date Airman, so I'll contact Stowa to ask them if they can accommodate my strap preference.

I'm really excited for the new watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Indeed, you gotta tell them your needs, they'll follow gladly to match them. :)

Enjoy your Flieger.
    Didier/Dieter
    Omega Constellation pie-pan (cal. 551, 1962)Stowa Flieger Baumuster A AutoSwatch SUJM704 day-date

I had no idea they offered the 'old style' straps in a shorter length. I love the look and feel of the straps, but they are just too long for my 6.25" wrist. I had to purchase several new strapas from different vendors before I found one that I both liked and that would fit well. I even considered having a custom strap made, but the cost was quite high. Little did I know all I would have had to do was ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    I had no idea they offered the 'old style' straps in a shorter length. [...] Little did I know all I would have had to do was ask.
    Tonight, I read on a french watch forum about a guy with a 9" wrist... a little bit thinner than my ankle.

Are we, you and me, that scrawny?

I don't like to have too much leather in surplus.

Here (I just got 2 straps from them for my old Constellation) and there (Toshi's straps) for the total length, you got a quite nice guide to get the right size.
    Last edited by Zoot Allures; November 24th, 2008 at 16:21.
    Didier/Dieter

Regine Schauer confirmed that the black leatherstrap is 20x20. It comes in two lengths (both without buckle): regular, 19cm; and extra long, 20.8cm. I didn't ask for the length of the old style strap with rivets, but based on the posts above, it sounds like it comes in the same 20x20, 19cm or 20.8cm configurations.

So it turns out they have the exact strap I wanted.

Thread Information