strap suggestion for black MO LE2
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spronston

Thread: strap suggestion for black MO LE2

strap suggestion for black MO LE2

Hi all,
    I got my black dialed MO LE2 on a croco strap when I bought it s/h. Must say I was never a crco man but now that I saw it in flesh I rather like it.
    I am looking for a nice water proof leather or rubber strap for a more rugged look and would be greatful for advice (pics :) ).

Being a nob to watches, how would I change the strap on my watch, seems the crco fills the space between the looks quite tightly so I am a bit worried to start squeezing it to reach the spring bars.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: strap suggestion for black MO LE2

You need a spring bar removal tool...

Name:  0090cz_gr.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  61.0 KB

....but if you are not familiar in the use of such a tool you run the risk to scratch the case or lugs of your MO.

Here's how to:

1. Take the Spring Bar Tool and insert the forked tip of the tool in between the watch strap and the watch case and gently slide the Spring Bar (the metal bar which holds the strap in place) towards the centre of the strap. The Spring Bar will release and you can remove the strap.

2. Remove the Spring Bar from the original strap and insert it into your new strap.

3. Place one end of the Spring Bar into the hole in the watch case and use the forked tip of the Sping Bar Tool to push the other end of the Spring Bar back. Manoeuvre the Spring Bar until it clicks into the other hole. Once in position, gently pull on the strap to check that it is secure.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks Mike, will try to source one of these :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbisham View Post
    Thanks Mike, will try to source one of these :)
    If this is of some help to you: I always order at - Watch Tool - Bergeon Swiss Made Watchmakers Tools, Horotec Watchmakers Repair Tools, Screwdrivers, Consumables, official distributor of Bergeon. Reliable and fast.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Hi,

Rather than leather or rubber, I've currently got mine on a nato strap. I know a lot of people don't like nato straps, but I think it looks great and give the watch a bit more of a casual vibe:

Name:  1e52xg.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  128.4 KB
    oca_9i likes this.
    Citizen: Eco-Drive BV1080-18A Longines: Legend Diver (No Date) Melbourne Watch Company: Flinders ☆ Obris Morgan: Branco, Predate Oris: Great Barrier Reef LE ☆ Stowa: Antea 390, Antea Poland LE, Flieger 2011 LE, Marine Original LE IITudor: Heritage Black Bay

I do love Nato straps but I would most likely never ever put a Marine watch on a Nato strap, only a Flieger or Flieger inspired.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I put one of those Bradystraps sailcloth straps on my MOLE2. I like that the leather (it's not really sailcloth, I think) has a matte finish that matches the case. The dimensions of the strap are bold and compliment the watch. Love the 22mm lugs on the watch. While the Bradystraps build quality isn't as high as the Stowa strap that I received, it is a well-engineered strap that looks good. Not bad for $30.

I love seeing the other options here. That black and gray offset stripe Zulu is sharp!

When I had my MOLE2 I had it on a papaya toshi strap that totally changed the character of the watch (in a good way)

I don't have the watch or photos anymore but you can get a sense of the look from Toshi Straps! Handmade leather watch straps - papaya leather straps

I have to say I love the look of that MOLE2 on that NATO - totally sharp

Tag Heurer 2000 Series Quartz Chronograph
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50 Lost at Sea
    Omega Seamaster 300 "WatchCo"
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3578.51.00 "Snoopy Award"
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.012
    Bremont U-2 DLC
    IWC Pilots Watch Double Chronograph "Le Petit Prince" Ref 3718
    IWC Spitfire UTC Ref 3251

Thanks Mike, ordered the Bergeon.

Had a look at the Toshi website, the papaya strap is really nice and recommended for black watches from Toshi. Just have to make up my mind if white or grey striches go better with the watch ;).

The Nato strap fits colorwise perfectly but I love to have something more "substantial" :)

Thread Information