Summer strap recommendations for my Antea KS

Thread: Summer strap recommendations for my Antea KS

Summer strap recommendations for my Antea KS

Friends, summer is stalking Washington, DC, and I dread the idea of wrecking my the Stowa black leather strap on my beloved KS by exposing it to humidity and sweat. So I'm thinking it's time to experiment with some seasonal alternatives. One is to find someone to sell me his/her metal KS band. But I'm more intrigued by the idea of grosgrain ribbon straps. NATOs, perhaps, although they seem to beefy to me. Anyway I'd like recommendations regarding:
    1. What kind of strap, and
    2. What colors I should should for. Something with blue seem to be the obvious way to go.

Also, if any of you have rigged out your Anteas like this, please submit photos!

Re: Summer strap recommendations for my Antea KS

I had my KS (now gone) on the milanaise band and wore it in a hot and humid summer in southern Ontario, Canada last year. It was great. Try and snag one if you can.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

how about switching to the Milannaise mesh bracelet? It's a very nice complement on the Antea line of watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have never seen a photo of an Antea on a grosgrain strap, and would be very interested in how it turns out. The KS is a very flat watch (under 7 mm), and I had the impression that its low profile might not suit ribbon straps that well. That said, I have not had much experience in experimenting with different watch/strap combinations either.

If you do try this I would appreciate your posting some pictures.

I just bought this "Yale navy/silver" watchband from J. Press: J.Press : Accessories | Watch Bands

I promise to post pictures.

But first, I have no idea how to change the watch band. Any suggestions for how I remove the leather strap and install this new one? What kind of tool do I need?

Thread Information