Superb Service

Thread: Superb Service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Superb Service

I just want to say what a delight it's been dealing with Mr Schauer (and Mrs Schauer).

This week I wanted a reasonably-priced watch for an old friend's birthday. I am eager to convert him to a proper mechanical watch but the Glycine that I'd chosen from my regular supplier was out of stock.

On Tuesday afternoon I emailed Mr. Schauer who, despite the fact that he was in Basel, picked up his emails and informed me that his wife could despatch a Stowa Antea the following day. I sent in my order and received an email from Mrs Schauer to say that the watch had been despatched, as promised, on Wednesday and that I would receive it on Friday.

She was wrong - it came on Thursday! The watch is beautiful and is superb value at only 299 Euros.

Well done to the Schauers for a superb product and excellent service!

Re: Superb Service

I can't recall anyone being less than happy with Jorg's service since I've been hanging around WUS. Your friend will love his Antea!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

I still can't believe the level of personal service from Mr. and Mrs. Schauer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Serafino
    I still can't believe the level of personal service from Mr. and Mrs. Schauer.
    Well that´s the way Jörg prolongs a term like "Made in Germany". Buying a Schauer or Stowa watch includes an 1A-service

That said I think it would be worth to discuss another term: "exclusivity". Elizabeth Doerr wrote in an article (iW April 2006) on Schauer watches that exclusivity is a relative term. A certain watch company that makes more than 700.000 watches per year is considered by some to be exclusiv.....but what about a little family runned company that makes an estimated 2000 watches annually ?

I agree. Great service!

So much so I yesterday ordered a Antea....this is getting expensive! :-D

I agree with you. The service is perfect, mails were answered immediately and very friendly. And today I received the mail that my prodiver is on the way

regards
    Joerg

I ordered a Seatime on the evening of the 11th and on the morning of the 12th decided to amend it,Mrs Schauer e mailed back straight away and we dicussed via e mail various combinations.

Superb service

and will report on the watch when it arrives.

Martin

Ah, Martin, you are a fickle customer!

I also ordered a Seatime on April 11. But I've made it 36 hours without changing my mind about anything . . . yet. Of course, I'm tempted to add another band, maybe the blue sharkskin one. Then I'd have to rethink the bezel color. Hmm.

Which configuration did you finally settle upon?

Quote Originally Posted by dwightcramer
    Ah, Martin, you are a fickle customer!

I also ordered a Seatime on April 11. But I've made it 36 hours without changing my mind about anything . . . yet. Of course, I'm tempted to add another band, maybe the blue sharkskin one. Then I'd have to rethink the bezel color. Hmm.

Which configuration did you finally settle upon?
    Dwight,

The combo that got my final vote is

Seatime black with red bezal on a bracelet with an additional leather strap with red stitching.I had gone for the rubber strap in my original selection and decided that the quality did not look great especially the deployment (i would appreciate comments on this strap) also figured that it was cheaper to buy the bracelet from the outset rather than as a seperate purchase later.

I am really looking forward to this one i just wish i had the balls to go for a yellow or orange face on a decent watch, took me all my time to go for the red bezal always difficult when one buys as most of us do by reputation and photo's.

Good luck with yours

Martin

I went with the limited edition blue Seatimer, with the black bezel. The blue appears to be more a sky or Columbia blue than in the regular version, and it is a bit dicey to depart from the regular white/blue/black watchface choices (especially off an internet photo), but I had my wife look at both it and the yellow dial and she recommended going with the blue. So now she can't complain about the cost. :-D

Since the version I chose comes with both the bracelet and the rubber strap, I didn't face your question about the quality of the rubber strap or its buckle. I actually plan to wear the watch initially on the rubber strap, since it looked awfully atractive that way in the photos. And Lord knows there is a big world of straps out there to try out over time.

Happy Easter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information