For those on the AO waiting list...

Thread: For those on the AO waiting list...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

For those on the AO waiting list...

I put my nam on the list in late July and was given an estimated delivery time of february, so here we are and I thought in the week that I would drop an email to Jorg to see if there is any update.

Well I got a swift reply, as is always the case with Stowa, that went along the lines of...

Number 132 is just being finished and I am number 436!!!! So it looks like I may have to wait slightly longer than I first expected, does anyone know how they build them? In batches I presume?

Anyway its a good job I received an MO a couple of weeks ago to keep me busy

Richard

Re: For those on the AO waiting list...

Well, I put my name on in October '08 and was given a June ETA...I'm not worried, so long as I get one sooner or later.

Ian

Hello from number 446. The anticipation is killing me - but I love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi tenpasten, have you had any emails/calls from Stowa regarding delivery time? To be honest I could do with a few more months wait to save a little more money as I've just brought a Marine Original And Presita Speedbird III LE to help scratch the itch!

Hello 436 and 446,

I put my name on the list for AO in December and was given an estimate of end of 2009. In my communications with Stowa I am given to understand that the end of year may be a little optimistic. Your discussion also confirms this fact.

My question is - how do you guys know the watch serial numbers? Is this information communicated as you come closer to delivery time?

To get rid of the 'stowa-itis' I have going on, I am adding a Airman no logo this March end to my solo Stowa MO, while these 2 beauties and I wait for the ultimate supermodel AO to arrive. . . .

I only know the number as Stowa told me when I emailed last week. I assume i was only told so they could make a point that it wills till be a long wait, without having to say it.

Anyway they seem like great guys and the customer service is fantastic, so I dont mind!

It sounds like I received a very similar email to you although it came through a couple of weeks ago.

Viveca wrote...

'For the moment our customer who is listed with no. 132 on our reservation list will get the next Airman Original.

Of course we understand that waiting is hard and that you would like to receive your Airman Original soon. We will contact you again as soon as we can provide you with the exact delivery date.'

It seems that 132 is proving a hard one to finish.

In terms of the number, I'm not sure that 446 is the serial number I will receive, merely my place in the queue.

In the meantime I will continue to dream of the day my email comes through and take pleasure in my Flieger Auto no logo.

Number 132 is still being finished, very hard one to finish indeed.
    I wrote an e-mail today and I am listed 412. I was told it would be ready in februari, but i think i can add half a year...
    I think it is especially sad for my Hanhart, now it needs to work every day while i told a little rest would be near.

Hmmm. It would be nice to know how long does it take to produce one AO (and all the other watches in their portfolio) ....

High workload at Stowa.
    Last edited by stesoell; February 23rd, 2009 at 19:56.

I also e-mailed Viveca and found out that I am number 577 on the list (I put my name on the list in September 08 and was given an expected delivery date of June 09).

The reasons she gave for the delay were (my German is a little rusty):
    - Joerg is involved in many stages of production of the FOs, including for example, the finishing of the cases
    - They are waiting for further supply of Unitas movements

She said that they cannot give an estimated delivery date as they cannot estimate how many FOs they are making per week. She also confirmed that the next customer on the list is number 132.

All of this is no problem for me, in fact it gives me confidence that I will receive a quality product once it arrives since they are obviously not rushing production to get through the backlog more quickly.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information