Those on the AO waiting list, who else is considering a No Logo to dull the pain.

Thread: Those on the AO waiting list, who else is considering a No Logo to dull the pain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Those on the AO waiting list, who else is considering a No Logo to dull the pain.

So I'm number 700 and something on the wait list, which realistically would mean at least a 12 month wait. I'm seriously considering getting a No Logo to fill the gap while I wait. Is anyone else considering this?

I purchased a GMTIIC in Jan, which I'm very happy with. But now that the UK summer seems to be on the way (no laughing at the back there), I find that I don't really like to walk around in short sleeves with a "known" brand on display. Part of the reason I love the Stowa's because they're lovely watches but not recognisable to all but the discerning few.

Has anyone got any shots of the AO and No Logo side by side? I've done a search but couldn't find any pics that fit the bill.

Re: Those on the AO waiting list, who else is considering a No Logo to dull the pain.

I'm number 577 on the list, and like yourself I don't expect to see this watch within the next 12 months. Rather than a No Logo auto, I'm considering whether to get a MO in the meantime. I don't want to have to subsequently sell the No Logo auto when my AO arrives and I think the MO is a beautiful watch.

Alternatively, I'm also considering getting a vintage Rolex GMT which would also be a keeper.

Re: Those on the AO waiting list, who else is considering a No Logo to dull the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by mingsta View Post
    So I'm number 700 and something on the wait list, which realistically would mean at least a 12 month wait. I'm seriously considering getting a No Logo to fill the gap while I wait. Is anyone else considering this?

I purchased a GMTIIC in Jan, which I'm very happy with. But now that the UK summer seems to be on the way (no laughing at the back there), I find that I don't really like to walk around in short sleeves with a "known" brand on display. Part of the reason I love the Stowa's because they're lovely watches but not recognisable to all but the discerning few.

Has anyone got any shots of the AO and No Logo side by side? I've done a search but couldn't find any pics that fit the bill.
    Too lazy to search but there is at least one thread that has the AO LE alongside the AA no date (and it seems the difference between a AO LE and serial is fairly minimal)

I've been contemplating getting an AA/no date, but having handled an automatic with a display caseback (an IWC in this case), I actually think that the reality of the rotor spoils the display for me. That and I am jonesing for a manual wind movement.

That said, I may yet crack. My AO queue number is in the 1100's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

749 here.... and I've contemplated it.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello to all who are waiting for the Flieger Original watch,

we are still having no more news about the situation of the movements from our supplier who passed away.

There is still a situation we cant say when and how we can get enough movements.

Of course we are trying to find a other source but this is very complicated because for a movement like this there are many suppliers doing a part of the work on the movement.

To get all involved companies is nearly impossible at the moment.

As soon as we have good news we come back.

Of course, if i can´t find a solution with the "existing" supplier in the next 2 weeks i have to do a decision for the future.

This decision i will announce here and to every customer who have reserved a watch (we do it by mail and newsletter)

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

Here are both of them.
    Automatic (left) and Flieger Original:

Volker

Thanks Volker for the pic.

Not suprisingly, the looks are close. But the AO has the edge to me. Are the lugs really longer and slimmer as they look in the photo?

Here are a couple of snapshots (out of focus, sorry) of the case size difference between the Fleiger Original (#16 still MIA) and the Airman Auto.

The lug measurements are 22mm on the Original and 20mm on the Airman. The Original is considerably thicker.

Glen

Haha, this is how I ended up with my Airman auto, I knew the wait would be long for AO, so decided to pass the time with an auto.

I must say, I may cancel my AO order. The auto is enough watch for me, and the difference in price (between the auto and AO) is only a couple hundred away from getting me that 390 Antea I've had my eye on.

The AO is such a nice piece though... decisions, decisions.

That's right, Tobey!

The Airman is a very fine watch, wonderful casework, great wrist presence, easy to read from any angle, day or night.

Glen

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information