For those who are waiting

Thread: For those who are waiting

For those who are waiting

As I have posted in other threads, I ordered a Marine Original and an Airman auto-no logo in January, for delivery in mid-March. On March 4, I received an email that my order was ready and was intended for shipping in ten days. It has not shipped yet.

I've read a lot of old and new threads about Jorg's commitment to his customers. In fact, that was a big part of what attracted me to Stowas. The evidence is out there that I am dealing with a forthright company, and I have counseled patience to others in this forum. Jorg has been very upfront about the fact that the factory move has been a strain on his business, and I have been content to wait.

Today I received an email from Regine, and I wanted to share it here. It is a forwarded message from Jorg that was sent in response to my order inquiry. It is redacted somewhat out of respect for Mr. Schauer, but for anyone wondering if their investment is safe, I wanted to post this. I don't even have the watches, yet I am still pleased to be doing business with Mr. Schauer.

"I want to excuse myself personally for these delays.
    Due to the reason that we have created a new building in which I was involved during the last days and nights, I couldn't finish the work which was promised. My staff - like Mrs. Hafner, Mrs. Schuler, Mrs. Plappert or my wife had to put you off several times, but it was me who was responsible for these information. Unfortunately I had to separate from my architect and therefore had to be present on my building lot even though I had a very good construction supervisor.
    Because I overshoot my budget, I had to work myself - together with some members of my family in every spare minute.
    Now, we have finally moved, but still some installations are missing.
    Therefore I want to beg you one last time for a little patience.
    Because I know it is hard sometimes to be patient, I offer you the following:
    ...I want to offer a voucher amounting to EUR_____, which you could cashed in our onlineshop or personally here for all products...
    Of course you could also ask for a immediate refund including interest!
    If you are still patient with us, we will exert ourselves to finish your order or repair within the next four weeks.
    Next week, I think we will be back to "business as usual".
    To sum up, one could say, that we have prosecuted a very high-flying aim, which process surprised me and I have to admit that I overestimated myself. Of course, I can't expect your kind understanding, but maybe you had already made the same experience.
    We will terminate the project museum and new building now, but then we are able to present you something special!
    I will focus all my energies to satisfy our STOWA and Schauer customers.

Sincerely yours
    Jörg Schauer"
    Delays happen in any business, for any variety of reasons. When they are handled in this manner, I gain -- rather than lose -- respect for the business owner. I hope many of you feel the same way. //Rob
    // Rob

Re: For those who are waiting

Quote Originally Posted by rfjacques View Post
    Delays happen in any business, for any variety of reasons. When they are handled in this manner, I gain -- rather than lose -- respect for the business owner. I hope many of you feel the same way. //Rob
    Absolutely!!

Same here!
    Watch Collection-
    changes too often to list

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Likewise. I had the same message about an order I have with Stowa and was more than happy to wait for them. This underlines the fact that Stowa is a class act.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I received same message a few days ago in german language.

Big kudos to Mr. Schauer and his team.

Vielen Dank für die ehrlichen und offenen Worte!

I haven't owned or even seen (in person) a Stowa/Schauer yet, but the customer service that they display is astounding. That sort of service is something that keeps customers for life, and is rarely seen these days. Jorg in all the dealings I've seen posted about here seems to take after customer service kings like L.L. Bean, and that's a great thing. I'm glad to be on the Airman Original waiting list.

Jorg is an honest hard working man. A lot of people go over budget when taking on construction projects and what he is working on (himself, apparently) is to better the Stowa/Shauer brand and therefore proves his love for his craft. Having owned a Marine Original (which I miss dearly) I can attest that the work he is putting on the new facilities, if equal to the work he puts into his watches, will be better than expectations. He is creating a brand new facility for the brand. Some are just waiting for a watch. The delay is very understandable and I think I speak for most members here when I say "No problem, Jorg! Do it right and create an environment for yourself to stimulate creativity and keep making great watches"!

i have sent the payment for weeks, but received no order "confirmation"?

Quote Originally Posted by picanhapilot View Post
    i have sent the payment for weeks, but received no order "confirmation"?
    Do you mean confirmation of your order or notice of shipping? I received a confirmation back when I ordered; I didn't pay for quite some time after that. They generally ask you for payment when your watch is nearing completion (although some people pay earlier). A shipping notice is emailed a few days later when it is sent. If you are just waiting for notice of shipping, you and I are in the same situation. But if you didn't get the initial confirmation of your order, you should email Stowa to see if it was ever received.
    // Rob

Thread Information