Thoughts on the Flieger Classic Sport? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the Flieger Classic Sport?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Thoughts on the Flieger Classic Sport?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMan View Post
    I have just checked mine and it does have a screw down crown.
    Here is a post I did about mine when it arrived.....https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/ne...t-4707033.html
    That looks great thanks for sharing!

The only thing that still bugs me then is the 24mm lug width. Maybe its just me but the strap looks really thick on that watch, like they should have widened the inner thickness of the lugs so the strap was maybe a 22mm instead? I don't think its a dealbreaker for me or anything, but I'm sure the strap width is noticeable since it probably doesn't taper.
    "Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget"
    -Each Needs the Help of the Other-

TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage Calibre 6
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Citizen Nighthawk

I like the 24mm width.... perhaps because I am so used to wearing my Sinn U2 on its 22m silicon strap.

The leather strap itself is very comfortable.

24mm width never bothered me either. Mine came with the non-tapering rubber strap.
    Stowa, Baume & Mercier, Ball, Fortis, Alpina, Oris

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's much easier to find even numbered strap widths for some reason. 21 and 23mm straps that look good are hard to find off the shelf and I have had a custom strap made for one of my pieces with a 21mm lug width, but it cost me $125 + shipping. Could have been much more if it were an exotic leather like hornback crocodile, ostrich leg, etc.

24mm is very doable, there should be lots of strap replacement options, starting with Stowa's own excellent choices.

Late to the party but I’m happy with my FKS and I have a 6.5 inch wrist. It wears small but does have a pleasing heft. You should be fine with it.

And mine does have a screw down crown. I specifically asked for a regular crown and not the onion crown since I don’t like that. I don’t know if that made a difference but I am happy with a screw down. My preference.

The FKS is one of my mainstays in my collection and I don’t think you’ll go wrong with it.
    robi1138 likes this.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    Late to the party but I’m happy with my FKS and I have a 6.5 inch wrist. It wears small but does have a pleasing heft. You should be fine with it.

And mine does have a screw down crown. I specifically asked for a regular crown and not the onion crown since I don’t like that. I don’t know if that made a difference but I am happy with a screw down. My preference.

The FKS is one of my mainstays in my collection and I don’t think you’ll go wrong with it.
    Thanks for the input! I'm still sitting on which watch I actually settle with to make sure I'm really set, but this one is still at the top of my list.
    "Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget"
    -Each Needs the Help of the Other-

TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage Calibre 6
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Citizen Nighthawk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information