Ticking sound ETA movement 2824-2

Thread: Ticking sound ETA movement 2824-2

Ticking sound ETA movement 2824-2

Hello all,

I have a question about my Ikarus with ETA movement 2824-2 COSC. When I listen carefully to the ticking sound, I do not hear a monotonous sound, but a sound that gradually increases to a high and than gradually decreases to a low and so on. So, a sort of wave in volume. And my question is of course: Is this normal?

I think the answer to the question is no. I have my Ikarus for 15 months now. In the beginning the timekeeping was excellent: 0 – 2 seconds a day slow. But later the watch began running slower and now looses 16 seconds a day. I’m afraid there is a problem, but I have not the faintest idea what it might be. Any suggestions?

Re: Ticking sound ETA movement 2824-2

I have noticed the same thing with a couple of my own watches with ETA movements. I haven't noticed a timekeeping problem with any of them, though. I had written it off to my own ear, but am interested to see if anyone else has ever noticed this.

Since your watch has experienced a change in timekeeping, you might want to take it to your watchmaker and have them put it on a timing machine. In any case, good luck.

Kind Regards,

Myron

Thread Information