The two MO's

Thread: The two MO's

The two MO's

I own an MO Roman, and I love the look of it. But I think I would love it just about as much if it had arabic numerals, because what really grabs me are the hands and the dial surface.

But I've been given to understand that the dial surface of the arabic version is different from that of the roman version, so I'm curious. Has anyone seen BOTH watches and can you comment on the difference in APPEARANCE of the dials, not counting the numbers?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: The two MO's

Hey there,

I have the MO and MO LE. If i am not wrong, the Roman MO's dial is like the MO LE which are laquered unlike the MO serial which is not lacquered. As such the MO Roman and LE has a glossy finish to the dial.

Thanks! So the dial "regular" MO isn't shiny? In that case perhaps we should advise people who are trying to decide between roman and arabic that there is more than just the shape of the numbers that is different between the two models.

I chose my MO for the roman numerals but love it for the glossy dial.

MM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The serial MO Arabic has a nice finish, but shiney it isn't, as it is not lacquered like the MO Roman or the MO LE. The lacquer seems to give the face a deeper more lustrous quality. Very attractive IMO.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Good point, I was undecided until I factored in the dial finish... now I am totally stoked on both.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaddux View Post
    Thanks! So the dial "regular" MO isn't shiny? In that case perhaps we should advise people who are trying to decide between roman and arabic that there is more than just the shape of the numbers that is different between the two models.

I chose my MO for the roman numerals but love it for the glossy dial.

MM

Surely this could be another option to the Serial MO? Joerg has already shown that the limited editions have some unique features, but the overall watch design is released into the the mainstream. I would love a serial MO with Arabic numerals and a laquered dial. Just for clarification, I assume that the KM Marine pocket watch wasn't laquered though?

Thread Information