Two quick questions...

Thread: Two quick questions...

Two quick questions...

1.I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference is between the Stowa Airman and the Stowa Flieger?

2.And my second question is if someone could post some side by sides of a flieger next to an U1?
    I'm quite interested in the flieger but don't know if it'll be too small on my wrist.

Thanks all,
    -Nathan
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

BLUE SKIES!

stuffler,mike

Re: Two quick questions...

Quote Originally Posted by ohnedich6 View Post
    1.I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference is between the Stowa Airman and the Stowa Flieger?
    Englisch und Deutsch / english and german.

Thanks Mike for clearing that up for me!
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

BLUE SKIES!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have a Sinn so can't post a side-by-side. I can comment, however, that they are two completely different watches to be considered side by side! Kind of like deciding between a sedan and a pick-up truck.

The Stowa case is 41mm, and thinner that the U1. The U1 is 44mm, and thicker respectively. Also, the U1 has a dive bezel, while the Stowa is bezel-less. I'd have to imagine the U1 would wear bigger, and also come across as more "sportly" than the Airman. I wear my Airman with suits and work clothes all the time. I generally won't ever grab a diver watch and fight it not going under my cuffs all day.

The head to head comparison between the brands would be the U1 vs. the ProDiver, and even that is only 42mm.
    Last edited by 2manywatchez; July 12th, 2009 at 13:10.

Thanks 2manywatchez. The only reason i said a U1 was b/c i own one and could visually make a comparison from there.

BLUE SKIES!

Laughing Re: Two quick questions...

Quote Originally Posted by ohnedich6 View Post

2.And my second question is if someone could post some side by sides of a flieger next to an U1?
    I'm quite interested in the flieger but don't know if it'll be too small on my wrist.

Thanks all,
    -Nathan
    Hi Nathan
    I own both but do not have my camera with me currently so will do my best to desribe accordingly..

The U1 (as you know) has quite a presence on the wrist.
    So too does the Airman which really wears big for a 40mm watch.
    It is slimmer in profile but is all dial and extremely easy to read and wear.
    The sapphire glass is not AR coated which you will notice as the U1 is so very very clear, but then again you won't spend forever wiping those little smears off the glass that are a constant companion with a U1.

The leather strap is an absolute delight as is the sapphire back and German rotor (if you buy the no logo, no date version) and you stand a much better chance of getting the Airman under shirt sleeves comfortably, if that is an issue for you.

The second hand is really thick and noticeable and the lume on the watch is fabulous with everything lighting up clearly for hours and hours.

Blued steel hands are cool but be prepared to only see that "bluing" in certain lights..

Both have the 2824 movement and of the two my Airman is the most accurate, straight out of the box at around -2 secs a day.

Different watches for different moods, but both have that functional Tool Watch quality. I am confident you would love it!

Cheers

Mark

gmttoo you're description helped out a lot and it's good to know that the flieger wears bigger than it really is that is what i was concerned with. Now all i have to do is do some convince mother and father into letting me purchase one lol

BLUE SKIES!

Thread Information