Two Stowas at my Door! (Black MO)

Thread: Two Stowas at my Door! (Black MO)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Two Stowas at my Door! (Black MO)

Today at 9am one Custom Seatime arrives in DC, accompanied by one Black Marine Original (for your enjoyment, pictures are attached):

(UPDATE: I've added new side by side White Dial and Black Dial Marine Original pics further down in thread)

The Seatime has a blue face/blue bezel with the black date wheel instead of the usual white. Looks so much better than I'd imagined (over and over). Anyway, for now, the seatime will be my overseas work watch (along with the ol' gmt), so long as it's hulking beauty doesn't distract me.

Oh, yeah, Seatime came with an orange bezel. I ordered red, but orange is ok, maybe someone at Stowa's a little colorblind :) And they threw in a black bezel, which is most appreciated of course.

Jorge, I love you.

The Black MO, also looks better than I'd imagined. Finishing is beautiful, coming as no surprise. I have the white MO, and honestly, I'll continue to wear it most often (of the two MO's). Why? Because I really just don't want to scratch the black MO. I never worry about those things, ever. My beater is a GMT rolex and the White MO has seen its share of danger, with scars to be proud of. But sitting here now, I don't want anything to ever happen to this new MO! I've already ordered and received a custom alligator strap for it (will put on later and post more pics). I'll keep it as a "dress watch," for a while. But no doubt I'll eventually feel the urge to wear it more and more until one day at the range I'll be wearing it, or while pruning trees, punching a camel or fighting a bear wearing a suit of sandpaper.

Spectacular. They're great. I'm sitting here now playing with the MO, the hands are bone white, almost like little matchsticks made of chalk.

Jorge, thank you.

Stowa ewig, und noch ein bisschen mehr!

PS: feel free to ask questions about the black MO, know a lot of folks still haven't seen it. I'll attempt to report back accurately on design, finishing and feel. -best
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Wolfjohn; June 3rd, 2009 at 20:18.

Re: Two Stowas at my Door! (Black MO)

Wow, what a great day, I also already have a white MO and have been thinking about the black one, would you say it feels substantially different to justify owning both? (I am not normally the type to have multiple watches of almost identical appearance).

Congratulations again!

Richard

Richard,

Honestly, yes. The Black MO is an altogether different watch, aesthetically. First thing I did upon receiving the Black MO was to place alongside the white one. I'll post a pic for you tonight when I get home. The image will likely better explain the differences in appearance.

take care-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Both watches are stunning, like the colors! Wear them in good health.

Very, very nice combination - best of all worlds! Glad to see a black MO.

Look forward to seeing the B and W MOs side by side.

Enjoy them always!

Glen

happy day 4 you!!

both the seatime & the MO are great looking.

congrats
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjohn View Post
    Richard,

Honestly, yes. The Black MO is an altogether different watch, aesthetically. First thing I did upon receiving the Black MO was to place alongside the white one. I'll post a pic for you tonight when I get home. The image will likely better explain the differences in appearance.

take care-
    I'd certainly be interested in that too! :)

Just stopped by a small watch shop here in rosslyn, across the river from dc. The fellow is from lebanon and loves to talk watches and women. When i asked him to take a link from the watch, he about passed out when he saw it: "such a watch! Such a watch!" He was afraid to ask the price, didnt want to "disrespect me" When i told him arpund 900 US or so, he grabbed his loupe and molested my watch for several minutes. Kept saying: "cannot be! Such a watch!". I got a good laugh out of it. He's so serious and animated. He told me to never buy another watch, and never "betray that one." Great stuff..... Anyway here's a pic of the new SeaT in action, fitted for battle ....and some office time(oops nevermind, cant upload from iphone it seems).. I'll be sure to post the black/white dial MO pics tonight. Thanks for the responses, and sharing in the excitement.
    Last edited by Wolfjohn; June 2nd, 2009 at 19:25. Reason: Typo

yeah, not too many people know about Stowa's. I've only recently met one guy who knew exactly what I was talking about, that was the front desk man at the resort I stayed in Jamaica last week.

You can read that little story here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=270008

Other than him, various other watch fans just say "HUH?" when I ask them if they have ever heard of Stowa.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Nice watches . . . that black MO is particularly striking.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information