Unitas in Marine Original

Thread: Unitas in Marine Original

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    216

    Unitas in Marine Original

    Hello,

    What is the difference between the basic 6498-2 and 6498-2 in MO?
    I know that:
    - blued screws
    - screw balance (Glucydur or something else??)
    - code geneve
    - polished palette
    - swan neck regulator (especialy made for MO?)

    I think that is everything


    filip

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by ajlip
    Hello,

    What is the difference between the basic 6498-2 and 6498-2 in MO?
    I know that:
    - blued screws
    - screw balance (Glucydur or something else??)
    - code geneve
    - polished palette
    - swan neck regulator (especialy made for MO?)

    I think that is everything


    filip
    + "perlage" on base plate

    btw: it´s not Code Geneve, it should be Cote de Geneve

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    216

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    + "perlage" on base plate

    btw: it´s not Code Geneve, it should be Cote de Geneve
    I know, but "Code Geneve" is from Stowa site

    Tell me Mike something about "perlage", Balance wheel and spring (nivaflex/rox?)
    Thanks.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by ajlip
    I know, but "Code Geneve" is from Stowa site
    Nonetheless it´s wrong It´s "Cote de Geneve" or "Geneva stripes".

    Tell me Mike something about "perlage", Balance wheel and spring (nivaflex/rox?)
    The „perlage“ of the plates, a decoration though, can be done by hand or by machines. Here´s a pic from my latest Nomos visit showing the process.

    Regarding Nomos watches the "perlage" correctly is called „Nomos Langeleist circular graining“.



    Here you can see what "perlage" is about:



    Regarding balance wheel and spring we have to wait until Jörg is back home.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    216

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    I see that Nomos is using little cnc machine, I prefer decorating by hand, but cnc is more easier.

    So we can see perlage under balance wheel on MO.
    Thanks

    P.S. I'm interested in more pics from Nomos Glashuette.

  7. #6
    redstart
    Guest

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    ... The „perlage“ of the plates, a decoration though, can be done by hand or by machines. Here´s a pic from my latest Nomos visit showing the process.

    Regarding Nomos watches the "perlage" correctly is called „Nomos Langeleist circular graining“.

    Here you can see what "perlage" is about:



    ...
    In automotive contexts, the term "engine-turned" is used, often even when the work has been done by hand. Bugatti dashboards before the war were typically engine-turned; the revived Bugatti Veyron carries that treatment as well.


  8. #7
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by ajlip
    I see that Nomos is using little cnc machine, I prefer decorating by hand, but cnc is more easier.

    So we can see perlage under balance wheel on MO.
    Thanks

    P.S. I'm interested in more pics from Nomos Glashuette.
    Feel free to have a look at our German Watches Forum, you´ll find the report there (with more pics ).

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    216

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    Regarding balance wheel and spring we have to wait until Jörg is back home.
    I think Joerg is back so... I'm waiting for answer

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    93

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    Seems like a good place to ask:

    What is the advantage of having a swan neck regulator? I am looking at both the MO and a MeisterSinger Scryto Unitas and the swan neck may be the only thing left to help me decide!

  11. #10
    Member fourspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    50

    Re: Unitas in Marine Original

    My understanding is that is provides finer control of the speed adjustment. Plus, it's purdy....

    Get the Stowa, you won't be disappointed, it is an excellent product. And a cool forum! And a cool guy (Jorg)! Plus, Meistersinger's logo looks like an eyebrow, and who wants a watch with an eyebrow on it? :)
    Stowa Marine Original Unitas 6498
    Hamilton Khaki Chronograph 42mm Valjoux 7750
    Hamilton Jazzmaster ETA 2824
    Copernicus Spaceliner Unitas 6300
    Technomarine XSCM Quartz
    Seiko SKXA55K1
    Marina Militare Titanium Chinese Movement


    On the way:
    Stowa Airman Original 80th Anniversary..someday!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Vintage Swiss & American Watches FS
      By Jürgen in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 30th, 2007, 17:32
    2. Marine Original: Whoops!
      By Backfill in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: August 14th, 2006, 17:17
    3. Vintage Swiss & American Watches
      By Jürgen in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 13th, 2006, 02:33
    4. Vintage Swiss & American Watches FS
      By Jürgen in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: June 15th, 2006, 23:18
    5. Vintage Swiss & American Watches FS
      By Jürgen in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 14th, 2006, 02:52

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •