Vat, Strap and Delivery questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stokwa

Thread: Vat, Strap and Delivery questions

Vat, Strap and Delivery questions

Hi guys, Forum and Stowa newbie here.

Since the people at Stowa are on vacation until Jan 6, I thought I'd post these here first:

1. VAT
    There is no VAT for non-EU shipping. However, if I had it shipped to an EU state (Switzerland, where I will be visiting) would you know if I can get a VAT refund at the airport, or if Stowa can provide the documentation needed for this?

2. Brown strap on Antea 365
    Looking to order the Antea 365 with a brown strap, but online, only black coloured options are available that go with the watch. Can anyone let me know why this is so?

3. Delivery
    Website says it will be ready mid to end January 2016. That would be a little more than a 2 week wait. Is this generally accurate for shipping date? I read in the forums that many have waited months.

I also intend to have the rotor engraved, how much delay will this cause? The reason Im asking is because I will have a quick trip to Zurich and wanted to estimate if I can get the watch when I get there mid-Jan. (I wonder if Stowa' vaunted customer service includes a drive from Engelsband to Zurich to hand deliver it!)

Another option for me is to have it delivered to Japan (but it isn't in the shipping options!) or Philippines, but I worry about the latter, on whether I get the watch or about the random unpredictable taxes levied on such items. Any experiences on this?
    Bagration likes this.

Re: Vat, Strap and Delivery questions

I'd my watch delivered to Singapore. The delivery date was pretty accurate. And they will inform you prior to that.
    With regards to the strap choice, you might want to drop Stowa a mail. They are nice people and should be able to help you there.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Switzerland is not an EU MS, never has been.
    So no German VAT for exports but import duties + VAT have to be paid in Switzerland =

11,50 CHF basic tarif custom fees (Swiss Post, other carriers may vary)
    + 3% fee of value of the watch (according to bill)
    + 8% VAT

Good luck with swiss customs not being a swiss resident.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 26th, 2015 at 19:16.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful. If I make a quick drive to Stowa factory, pick up my purchase and head back to CH, do you think 1) Stowa will waive the VAT? 2) CH will not charge me for the tax?

Quote Originally Posted by stokwa View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, very helpful. If I make a quick drive to Stowa factory, pick up my purchase and head back to CH, do you think 1) Stowa will waive the VAT? 2) CH will not charge me for the tax?
    1) you need to ask Stowa. Since you have no residence in CH and you are not a CH citizen it might become tricky.
    2) when entering CH with your purchase you have to declare the import or transit (Durchfuhrerklärung). If you do not declare you might be prosecuted For tax evasion.
    3) for all questions you should contact Swiss Custom Administration. The "how to" can be read on evz.admin.ch

Quote: Personal goods worth less than CHF 5,000
    When personal with a total value not exceeding CHF 5,000 are transported through Switzerland, customs clearance generally occurs informally at the border. This does not apply for alcoholic beverages, tobacco goods and foodstuffs which are liable to duty. When it is suspected that the goods will not be re-exported, the customs office may require a deposit even for goods worth a total of less than CHF 5,000.

Homework should be done at home.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks Guys. I heard from Stowa and they said they will provide me with Tax refund documentations which I need to submit to customs upon exit. My problem is I head to CH after picking up the item at Engelsbrand. I am not sure if there will be any customs office I can submit the form to in the Swiss German border by train. Is the CH allowed to accept these in their departure area of airports upon my departure from CH?

There is German and Swiss Custom Service available at Basel Badischer Bahnhof and this is most likely the route you have to take to get to Zürich Airport from Germany.

Let me remind you that this is a watch forum, custom issues should be discussed with customs. German and swiss custom have web sites, contact forms and all the info you are looking for. Just contact the authorities.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 10th, 2016 at 10:03.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information