Watch Strap Color

Thread: Watch Strap Color

Watch Strap Color

Hi -

I want to order a Stowa Chrono 1938 and I'm trying to get a better idea of the actual color of the "black brown crocostrap". Has anyone ordered this strap? Do you have pics you could post?

Also, if I were to order more than one strap, is it possible to change it myself or would I have to go to a jeweler?

FYI - from the pics and the story of the manufacturing process, it looks like a beautiful watch.

Thanks,
    Tommy
    Tom Fabbricante

Re: Watch Strap Color

Tommy,

You can change it if you have a tool bar, if you don't, then have a jeweler do it for you. It is easy to scratch the lugs if you do not have the right tools!!! You don't want to spend all that money just to @#$$ your watch! I have three of the croco straps from Stowa,black,dark brown and medium brown and they are beautiful! My favorite is the medium brown. Just for your info they are not crocodile but instead are American alligator from Louisianna,USA!!!! I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it! Sorry.

Ren

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

You need a tool like that: Watch Strap Tools
    But be careful, it is very easy to scratch your watch. You need some experience to diy.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Ren -

I appreciate your insights and no pressure on the pics. They are all great looking straps. I tend to wear a lot of blacks, greys, dark blues, browns etc and thought maybe the "black brown" would go with all the above wardrobe colors. So many choices! Lol! How do you like the watch?
    Tom Fabbricante

Hi Mike -

Interesting stuff. Maybe I'll buy one and practice, practice, practice before I do it on the real thing!

:)
    Tom Fabbricante

Hey Tommy,

I love the watch, it is beautiful!!! Whether you are looking at the display back or showing off the watch from your wrist, it is wonderful. It keeps accurate time,is a pleasure to look at and I know that I paid half as much had I bought another comparable watch. I liked it so much that I ordered another Stowa, the Fleiger with logo. I will order at least two more as funds permit.

The Straps are of high quality and what ever color you chose will look good. The alligator gives the watch a classy look, it really dresses up the watch. Not to say that the other straps are not great, But I have always liked alligator. The black is my least favorite because it does not allow the pattern of the gator skin to be easily seen. How ever the medium does and is fantastic!!!! It will go with any color, last night, I went out and wore All black including, my two thousand dollar pair of alligator boots. The watch stood out on my wrist and got many compliments. Don't worry you did well to buy the Stowa.

Ren

Cool, sounds great! Again, thanks for getting back to me. Your boots sound nice too!!!
    Tom Fabbricante

Name:  stowa mo 2011 006.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  1.66 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisin View Post
    Hey Tommy,

I love the watch, it is beautiful!!! Whether you are looking at the display back or showing off the watch from your wrist, it is wonderful. It keeps accurate time,is a pleasure to look at and I know that I paid half as much had I bought another comparable watch. I liked it so much that I ordered another Stowa, the Fleiger with logo. I will order at least two more as funds permit.

The Straps are of high quality and what ever color you chose will look good. The alligator gives the watch a classy look, it really dresses up the watch. Not to say that the other straps are not great, But I have always liked alligator. The black is my least favorite because it does not allow the pattern of the gator skin to be easily seen. How ever the medium does and is fantastic!!!! It will go with any color, last night, I went out and wore All black including, my two thousand dollar pair of alligator boots. The watch stood out on my wrist and got many compliments. Don't worry you did well to buy the Stowa.

Ren
    I will try to do better in the future, but for now here it is.

Wow, it looks great! Thank you so much for posting this pic. Beautiful!
    Tom Fabbricante

Thread Information