Watches simular to the Marine Automatic?

Thread: Watches simular to the Marine Automatic?

Watches simular to the Marine Automatic?

Hey Stowa Freaks,

I have recently gotten a little more serious about watches (I have always loved them but never collected them) and have started my collection with a seiko Orange Monster, and a Lum-Tec M3.

Next on my list is a more classic watch. I love both the marine and the airman, but its seems more companies do a fligeur (did I spell that correctly?) watch than the marine style.

That being said, I have decided to save for the Marine Automatic first but wanted to know what other watches are simular in the same price range (I can't find any)

Here are the main features I see in the Marine;
    Simple
    Very easy to read
    Clean face
    Blue hands
    Can be dressy

Thanks,
    Tim

stuffler,mike

Re: Watches simular to the Marine Automatic?

Laco Marine comes to my mind, but not fitted with an automatic movement.

The Eberhart Traversetolo is also a very nice and recommended timepiece, not automatic either.

The Jacques Etoile Lissabon Medium made by Klaus Jacob comes with blue hands and is fitted with a vintage Unitas 6376 (not automatic).

As similar as those and other watches will be - it will not be a STOWA.

You will not regret pulling the trigger on the Stowa Auto: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...194#post335194

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 22nd, 2008 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    You will not regret pulling the trigger on the Stowa Auto
    I am confident I wont regret it. The thing that really grabs me is the uber clean dial with the sculpted hands. Simple, yet very elegant. The other thing I like is how easy to read the watch is, it seems like the hands are the perfect length. The font used is very clean and speaks to the Germanic utilitarian ideal very well. All and all it seems a perfect watch if you don't need lum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How about a Stowa antea cream. It is the same movement as the Marine Auto, and the design is elegant and simple. While the case is different, it looks like a great dress/casual watch. Another idea is Archimede's new vintage line, I like it alot, and it would compliment the Marine Auto fantastically.

I like the Antea, the problem is Like the more squared font of the Marine better. Also the marine's hands have some detail that really does it for me.

The Archimedes i saw didn't really do it for me either. The Hands seemed to heavy for the watch and the font for the numbers was less pleasing. Stowa just seems to really have nailed the simplistic elegance that is so attractive to me. The dial has all the information I want and nothing more. The hands are long and thin yet have sculpted features to add shape and just enough weight, and the fonts are clean and simple yet still have character...

I guess I better start saving.

Thread Information